OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'm guessing the toilet paper shortage is going to be in part due to Jesus Brodin's temporary meal plan of pizza rolls and Hamm's. Thoughts and prayers to your plumbing.

Reactions: Webster

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If teams get a compliance buyout due to a decreasing cap I betcha he won’t survive. Can’t be paying 3rd liners 1st line money.

Dream on. Listen to the latest Russo/Souhan podcast. Russo talks about the real problem, and he's absolutely right.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What would the conditions on our Penguins pick be?
My guess if its lottery protected, then they keep their 2020 1st round pick and we get their 2021 1st round pick unconditionally.

Technically Pittsburgh has the option to defer if they miss the playoffs. If there are no playoffs, I wonder if there's an option to make their choice before or after the lottery.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
For those that would like a summary, what are those problems?

Given the tree you're barking up, I'd say the only problems they have are
1) Boudreau
2) they don't have good enough players for Zuccarello to play with

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Given the tree you're barking up, I'd say the only problems they have are
1) Boudreau
2) they don't have good enough players for Zuccarello to play with

Oh, I thought there might be real problems :-D

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oh, I thought there might be real problems :-D

To be fair, I didn't hear what Russo said, so he may have pointed out legitimate problems. I just wouldn't expect much from the poster you're asking.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
14 cases in MN as of today. All travel related so far.

God must be a MN state HS tournament fan, because he allowed us to enjoy if just before all this insanity ensued.

Reactions: BagHead and TaLoN

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Zuccarello stuff from the podcast (47:40)
  • He's played better lately
  • He's the type of guy that needs to play with really good players
  • He's going to have to find his groove: he's got 4 years left at $6 million with a no-move
  • I love Marcus Foligno, but Zuccarello could put the puck in a position for Foligno to score 10 different times and Foligno's probably going to bury it 3
  • <from question> He must be getting very frustrated. <reponse> Yeah, he doesn't show it, at least to us. You can tell he's a very popular team mate, but you're right this is a lot of money tied up to one player that's only going to get older.
It's worth listening to instead of my (drunk) transcription.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Zuccarello 100%
If they buy out Zucca or any other player for that sake, would that player be free to negotiate with another NHL team? Or would he be forced to retire? If the first, would he be considered as an UFA?

Last edited:

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Zuccarello stuff from the podcast (47:40)
  • He's played better lately
  • He's the type of guy that needs to play with really good players
  • He's going to have to find his groove: he's got 4 years left at $6 million with a no-move
  • I love Marcus Foligno, but Zuccarello could put the puck in a position for Foligno to score 10 different times and Foligno's probably going to bury it 3
  • <from question> He must be getting very frustrated. <reponse> Yeah, he doesn't show it, at least to us. You can tell he's a very popular team mate, but you're right this is a lot of money tied up to one player that's only going to get older.
It's worth listening to instead of my (drunk) transcription.
I think you summed it up great. Yeah, it's two minutes worth listening to. He also said Zucc was really lacking a good center. And a lot of other interesting stuff as well (not Zucc). Thank you for the link. I am starting to really cheering for this team.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
14 cases in MN as of today. All travel related so far.

God must be a MN state HS tournament fan, because he allowed us to enjoy if just before all this insanity ensued.
Considering Minnesota is ONLY testing those with symptoms who's situation makes them high risk related to travel right now, of course they are related to travel.

They still need far more resources for testing before they can start testing lower risk groups and see if it's truly spreading on a communal level.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If they buy out Zucca or any other player for that sake, would that player be free to negotiate with another NHL team? Or would he be forced to retire? If the first, would he be considered as an UFA?

I'm not sure that it's actually legal in this country to force someone to retire unless you can prove they're putting people at extreme risk, like maybe an airline pilot who can't see anymore, which is obviously much different than a hockey player who had a bad year. That said, I'm no expert on law, but I do know for a fact that Zuccarello wouldn't be forced to retire, he'd be a UFA. Now, if nobody wanted to sign him (unlikely), that could force him to retire from the NHL, but I doubt he'd quit hockey altogether. As long as he could find another team to sign him, he'd actually get paid by the Wild each year of the buyout, and also get paid by his new team for his new contract. A buyout's not always a bad deal for the player.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Considering Minnesota is ONLY testing those with symptoms who's situation makes them high risk related to travel right now, of course they are related to travel.

They still need far more resources for testing before they can start testing lower risk groups and see if it's truly spreading on a communal level.

I'm just not all that concerned.

Maybe I should be, but all this hysteria on the news seems completely overblown to me.

Italy apparently is in bad shape right now though, so what do I know.

Still, as far as I know I am in good health, and about 40yo - and even though I work in an industry so dirty that I am certain I will probably get it, I am still not concerned.

In fact I almost hope I get it, since I have heard it will make me immune to this filthy dog-eating disease down the road. It sounds like it's just a glorified form of pneumonia, and I have never been a smoker and quit drinking entirely at this point.

But again, what do I know...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Maybe I should be, but all this hysteria on the news seems completely overblown to me.

Still, as far as I know I am in good health, and about 40yo - and even though I work in an industry so dirty that I am certain I will probably get it, I am still not concerned.

In fact I almost hope I get it, since I have heard it will make me immune to this filthy dog-eating disease down the road. It sounds like it's just a glorified form of pneumonia, and I have never been a smoker and quit drinking entirely at this point.

With no regard to people that you might give it to, before you know you have it, who might be more at-risk than you.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

If you get hit as hard as pneumonia... trust me, that isn't something to shrug off. I've been hospitalized with pneumonia before... I was 33yrso at the time.

You likely won't get hit that hard and would likely range from an asymptomatic carrier to mildly affected with cold/ flu like symptoms. Don't take it lightly if you do get it though, as you don't want to spread it to the more affected demographic individuals who will get it in the very dangerous pneumonia like form that can kill.

Reactions: AJ Thelen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad