OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It’s kinda sad the season might be done. Hopefully Fiala can continue his surge into next year.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It’s kinda sad the season might be done. Hopefully Fiala can continue his surge into next year.

Well I have a feeling we won't see any top level hockey for a long time, players will probably be rusty when this is over.

Experts say you should even quit workouts to keep your immune system up, and there's a 70% chance the bug will bite you at some point.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Well I have a feeling we won't see any top level hockey for a long time, players will probably be rusty when this is over.

Experts say you should even quit workouts to keep your immune system up, and there's a 70% chance the bug will bite you at some point.
What experts have told you that? If anything, being stuck in your own home/apt means you are more sedentary which isn't exactly the healthiest type of living for long periods. I don't think you have to go all Mr. Universe, but getting up every hour or so and just walking around your place for like 5mins is better than nothing.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What experts have told you that? If anything, being stuck in your own home/apt means you are more sedentary which isn't exactly the healthiest type of living for long periods. I don't think you have to go all Mr. Universe, but getting up every hour or so and just walking around your place for like 5mins is better than nothing.

When he said “quit workouts” I don’t think he meant giving up walking around your home to sit in bed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the next month.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Docs on tv.

There's a reason why gyms and fitness studios are closing down, in some countries forced by the authorities.
But I don't think they mean that going for a walk is a problem.

OmazingGrace

Apr 19, 2019
Grr. Gotta a case of Canadien and a handle of Finlandia. My friends are in Vegas right now, and were gonna throw down on the game at the sports book. Now they're probably at Walmart shopping for masks..

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So have we seen the last of Koivu in a Wild sweater?

Can also ask the same about other Wild players. Lizard will survive though.

And perhaps Evason is done as head coach. That would be kinda sad, he did a great job.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Please, don't spread misinformation. Most experts will tell you working out and being healthy as a result, helps your immune system, not the other way around.

Docs on tv.

There's a reason why gyms and fitness studios are closing down, in some countries forced by the authorities.
But I don't think they mean that going for a walk is a problem.
Gyms are closing because gyms don't promote social distancing.

Work out at home instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ Thelen

OmazingGrace

Apr 19, 2019
Please, don't spread misinformation. Most experts will tell you working out and being healthy as a result, helps your immune system, not the other way around.

Gyms are closing because gyms don't promote social distancing.

Work out at home instead.
I agree. but at which point do we stop high school puck?

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Think I might cancel AT&T Now. I've been on the grandfathered plan since the beginning, however the price has been creeping up since they rebranded form Dircetv Now and I only have it for the sports. We have an over the air antenna and Netlflix and the like.

Wish there was a way to subscribe to just FSN.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Can also ask the same about other Wild players. Lizard will survive though.

And perhaps Evason is done as head coach. That would be kinda sad, he did a great job.
If teams get a compliance buyout due to a decreasing cap I betcha he won’t survive. Can’t be paying 3rd liners 1st line money.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I could write a book about the differences in COVID-19 reaction throughout everywhere I’ve travelled through the pandemic to this point. Northwest Africa, United Kingdom, Eastern Europe and the Middle East all have unbelievably different responses and attitudes towards the virus.

I won't do that now but since I know each and every one of you are worried sick about me, I will let you all know that I am taking every precaution in the world, I am a 29 year old man with phenomenal hair that is healthy and when I arrive back in the states in a few days, I will be steering clear of the public for awhile in order to avoid any asymptomatic viruses I could be carrying.

All I ask is that each of you DM with how many cases of Hamm's you are willing to donate to me for my in-house quarantine. I also will be needing a few weeks supply of Pizza Rolls, watermelon and Perrier sparkling water. So you guys can coordinate as needed. In return, I will make HAND-CRAFTED artwork, consisting of Hamm's can aluminum and empty bottles of Aquavit for anyone who is donating to the Jesus Brodin efforts. (There will be no glitter because f*** glitter.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad