OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Same exact argument could be made for masks, which is what makes the whole mandate pointless.
Can you let me know when you're going to be out in public next? Don't wear a mask. I won't wear a mask. If I happen to cough or sneeze on you... Well, that's just poor luck!

Also, if you would like, I could pee on you too.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Can you let me know when you're going to be out in public next? Don't wear a mask. I won't wear a mask. If I happen to cough or sneeze on you... Well, that's just poor luck!

Do you sneeze into your mask? I take mine down when I sneeze.

Reactions: zellmatic

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

How is that different then any other day pre-covid? If you think im afraid of catching it, youre mistaken. News flash, we are all going to die. Nothing you can do will stop that. Living in fear of death is not a life i choose to live.

Reactions: Northerner

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
How is that different then any other day pre-covid? If you think im afraid of catching it, youre mistaken. News flash, we are all going to die. Nothing you can do will stop that. Living in fear of death is not a life i choose to live.
Oh just the evolution of virus.
You seem to think we live in fear. You are incorrect. We take precautions. There’sa difference, but I wouldn’t expect you to be able to grasp that. You know, the ability to empathize.

For the record, nobody in this thread is claims makes STOP the spread of the virus. We’re stating it SLOWS the spread of the virus and that anything we can do to SLOW the spread of the virus should be considered or enacted.

We still don’t know the long term effects the virus has on the body or mind.

Out of curiosity, do you have DNR on your license? I mean, why resuscitate? You’re going to die some day anyway.

Edit: I just read through your post and my response. I just noticed what a previous user said was true. You used only “me, I “ statements. Only thinking of yourself.

Last edited:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Oh just the evolution of virus.
You seem to think we live in fear. You are incorrect. We take precautions. There’sa difference, but I wouldn’t expect you to be able to grasp that. You know, the ability to empathize.

Got the record, nobody in this thread is claims makes STOP the spread of the virus. We’re stating it SLOWS the spread of the virus and that anything we can do to SLOW the spread of the virus should be considered or enacted.

We still don’t know the long term effects the virus has on the body or mind.

I empathize all the time, i just dont believe everything the media, government, or government backed scientists tell me as fact. Perfect example: Agent orange is safe, asbestos is fine, round up is a safe product, etc the list goes on.. Precautions? How many of you have stayed in your house this entire time, ordered your groceries for delivery, not seen anyone outside of your immediate family? Everything about your life can be done from home in 2020, except maybe your job, if youre one of the americans actually still working and not living off the unemployment of people working.

Also, Id like to point out that this number isnt even close to the number of americans estimated to have died from the Spanish flu, in which approx 675,000 americans died, and at least 50 million people worldwide. Not to mention, the black plague.... Yet this is causing our economy to collapse beyond repair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Northerner

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Also, Id like to point out that this number isnt even close to the number of americans estimated to have died from the Spanish flu, in which approx 675,000 americans died, and at least 50 million people worldwide. Not to mention, the black plague.... Yet this is causing our economy to collapse beyond repair.

/facepalm

Yes, because an almost 300,000 people dying to the virus is somehow insignificant.

Reactions: HotDish

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
You should say this to people who lost a loved one to Covid like Karl Anthony Towns who lost his mom. I'm sure they will be relieved. Also hyperbole much? Our economy will be fine in due time. It always ebbs and flows. If anything once the world opens we will probably see a boom in economy we haven't seen before in our lifetime.

The stock market isn't the economy (though some people act like it is) but it has recovered nicely. If that can recover so can the economy. I'm sick and tired of people acting like the economy won't recover and that we need to kill grandma, so the CEO can buy another private jet.

How about we do another stimulus check? The US spends more on it's military than the next 7 nations combines and more than the 144 countries combined after. I bet we could give everyone a check to stay inside without shaving off much in the military.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
/facepalm

Yes, because an almost 300,000 people dying to the virus is somehow insignificant.
300,000 in only 10 months. The Spanish Flu did 675,000 in 2 years. The rate isn't that far off. The saving grace in this? We should have the population vaccinated before we match those Spanish Flu numbers.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
You should say this to people who lost a loved one to Covid like Karl Anthony Towns who lost his mom. I'm sure they will be relieved. Also hyperbole much? Our economy will be fine in due time. It always ebbs and flows. If anything once the world opens we will probably see a boom in economy we haven't seen before in our lifetime.

The stock market isn't the economy (though some people act like it is) but it has recovered nicely. If that can recover so can the economy. I'm sick and tired of people acting like the economy won't recover and that we need to kill grandma, so the CEO can buy another private jet.

How about we do another stimulus check? The US spends more on it's military than the next 7 nations combines and more than the 144 countries combined after. I bet we could give everyone a check to stay inside without shaving off much in the military.
That reminds me of this bit:

Reactions: HotDish

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

Point 1, i shouldnt have to explain that death is inevitable to a grown adult. You think i dont know people this has killed?

Point 2. way to pick and choose statistics, How many kids are not in school right now? how is this affecting their education or ability to function as adults when the time comes? How is this effecting families that are on the verge of losing everything, their homes, their lives, their childrens lives, because they are about to be homeless and cant afford food.

Pt. 3. yes lets stack another trillion dollars into the national debt load to save people that were already at a high risk of dying. Or cut our national defense program to save people? Do you realize how many countries hate america and would love to have our national resources or are you blind to the last 300 years?

300,000 in only 10 months. The Spanish Flu did 675,000 in 2 years. The rate isn't that far off. The saving grace in this? We should have the population vaccinated before we match those Spanish Flu numbers.

we have 3 times the population in this country as we did in 1918, lets not compare apples to oranges. The rate is not the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Point 1, i shouldnt have to explain that death is inevitable to a grown adult. You think i dont know people this has killed?

Point 2. way to pick and choose statistics, How many kids are not in school right now? how is this affecting their education or ability to function as adults when the time comes? How is this effecting families that are on the verge of losing everything, their homes, their lives, their childrens lives, because they are about to be homeless and cant afford food.

Pt. 3. yes lets stack another trillion dollars into the national debt load to save people that were already at a high risk of dying. Or cut our national defense program to save people? Do you realize how many countries hate america and would love to have our national resources or are you blind to the last 300 years?
Point 1. I'm sure she would've been alive if we handled the pandemic better. People die yes, but it is a fact that this pandemic is killing people at an earlier time in their life than expect. This is like saying we shouldn't try a limit death because it will happen eventually. With this logic people shouldn't seek chemotherapy if they have cancer since everyone dies. why should we try and delay it?

Point 2. See point about how we should have another stimulus check.

Point 3. Like Minnewildsota video pointed out. We spend more money than the next 26 nations on defense and 25 are allies. Maybe just maybe if as a nation we didn't try and get into everyone's business in the world less nations would hate us. Do you know how many nations hate Canada? How about the Netherlands? Sweden seems to be well liked. I would say a significant less than the USA.

Maybe a reason why countries don't like us is because we sell weapons to their enemies and demand them to let us put military bases in their countries. We had a habit of killing democratically elected officials during the cold war too since we rather have the a puppet dictator.

Getting back on topic. We have utterly failed as a nation to fight covid. We should shipping PPE out of the nation all the way to the end of march when it was in our nation. We spent over 3 billion on ventilators only to learn they weren't the kind needed.(only 10% are). We fired the pandemic response team, we got rid of the pandemic strategy book, we ignored Italy and other nations warnings, and when the going got tough Americans decided to quit.

1 in 22 Americans have gotten Covid. Scary part is we don't even know all the long term effects of Covid are. I know one guy in his 30s that now is on blood thinners for the forseeable future. He sure is happy that his insurance is going up.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Point 1. I'm sure she would've been alive if we handled the pandemic better. People die yes, but it is a fact that this pandemic is killing people at an earlier time in their life than expect. This is like saying we shouldn't try a limit death because it will happen eventually. With this logic people shouldn't seek chemotherapy if they have cancer since everyone dies. why should we try and delay it?

Point 2. See point about how we should have another stimulus check.

Point 3. Like Minnewildsota video pointed out. We spend more money than the next 26 nations on defense and 25 are allies. Maybe just maybe if as a nation we didn't try and get into everyone's business in the world less nations would hate us. Do you know how many nations hate Canada? How about the Netherlands? Sweden seems to be well liked. I would say a significant less than the USA.

Maybe a reason why countries don't like us is because we sell weapons to their enemies and demand them to let us put military bases in their countries. We had a habit of killing democratically elected officials during the cold war too since we rather have the a puppet dictator.

Getting back on topic. We have utterly failed as a nation to fight covid. We should shipping PPE out of the nation all the way to the end of march when it was in our nation. We spent over 3 billion on ventilators only to learn they weren't the kind needed.(only 10% are). We fired the pandemic response team, we got rid of the pandemic strategy book, we ignored Italy and other nations warnings, and when the going got tough Americans decided to quit.

1 in 22 Americans have gotten Covid. Scary part is we don't even know all the long term effects of Covid are. I know one guy in his 30s that now is on blood thinners for the forseeable future. He sure is happy that his insurance is going up.

point 1, baseless claims. she couldve walked out her door and got hit by a car the same day. Also, chemo alone kills plenty of people each year, some estimate close to 25% of patients. great statistic to try to change into your favor :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: zellmatic

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
we have 3 times the population in this country as we did in 1918, lets not compare apples to oranges. The rate is not the same.
10 times the medical advancements since then as well.

Simple example you can do to see for yourself how masks help.

Light a match, hold it at arms length, blow at it without a mask, watch what happens.

Then repeat the same thing with a mask. HUGE difference, isn't it?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
10 times the medical advancements since then as well.

Simple example you can do to see for yourself how masks help.

Light a match, hold it at arms length, blow at it without a mask, watch what happens.

Then repeat the same thing with a mask. HUGE difference, isn't it?

:rolleyes:

Want to make major changes in a world? Try changing it

Now use 1% of the world getting sick, spread a few scienceless lies and try changing it?

see how that works?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
point 1, baseless claims. she couldve walked out her door and got hit by a car the same day. Also, chemo alone kills plenty of people each year, some estimate close to 25% of patients. great statistic to try to change into your favor :laugh::laugh:
My mother works in oncology so yes I understand how it works. My point still stands. What is the point of trying to fight off illness and cancer if we all die eventually? Do you ever go to the doctor? You shouldn't under your thought process, no reason to you'll die eventually could be tomorrow could be in 45 years. No reason to try and prolong your life.

Right now there are over 10,000 people dying from covid each day in the world vs the average of 3,600 deaths from cars each day (before covid since I presume less drivers now)

Sounds like Kat's mom had less a chance of dying from a car accident.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
:rolleyes:

Want to make major changes in a world? Try changing it

Now use 1% of the world getting sick, spread a few scienceless lies and try changing it?

see how that works?
What, a match burning with you blowing at it is a scienceless lie now? You realize air molecules are smaller than virus particles, right?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
to this date i have yet to see 1 article posted from you guys placed in a randomized labratory setting, with a control group that shows a cloth mask prevents covid from spreading and doesnt increase your risk of getting the virus. I have however posted 2, that state otherwise

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
to this date i have yet to see 1 article posted from you guys placed in a randomized labratory setting, with a control group that shows a cloth mask prevents covid from spreading and doesnt increase your risk of getting the virus. I have however posted 2
You keep asking for proof that it PREVENTS it from spreading, that has never been the claim...EVER.

Slows the spread, not prevents it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad