OT: Official Canucks Jersey Thread

Kassassin

#TeamSchneider
Jan 27, 2012
Burnaby
Anyone know where I can get the "Canucks Hockey" hoodie? I know the Metrotown Canucks Team Store carries them but they only have them in like XL and XXL

p10302311p275w.jpg

114964448_display_image.jpg

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
and agreed 100% about the stitching... never get it at the canucks team store!

link

look at how the numbers have completely wrinkled up :shakehead

Kassassin

#TeamSchneider
Jan 27, 2012
Burnaby

link

I'm going to use your pic as an example if you don't mind.

Also, if your back number is wrinkly/folded, try turning your jersey inside out and iron the numbers. Should fix folded/wrinkly-ness a bit.

Not sure how you can fix the bubbly/wrinkled nameplate though :shakehead

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
I'm going to use your pic as an example if you don't mind.

Also, if your back number is wrinkly/folded, try turning your jersey inside out and iron the numbers. Should fix folded/wrinkly-ness a bit.

Not sure how you can fix the bubbly/wrinkled nameplate though :shakehead

go for it.

thanks for the tip, i ll try that when i get a chance!

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Yup, saw that they had Kassian and Booth [which the team stores didn't]

Not sure about the other locations you mentioned.

Also got my Lappy t-shirt there too, and snagged their last 2010 Team Canada Olympic jersey :yo:

Collector's Den and Game On Sports have the big names (Lu, Sedins, Kes, Burr).

Kassassin

#TeamSchneider
Jan 27, 2012
Burnaby
Also got my Lappy t-shirt there too, and snagged their last 2010 Team Canada Olympic jersey :yo:

Collector's Den and Game On Sports have the big names (Lu, Sedins, Kes, Burr).

Thanks for the FAQ help Taelin.

I picked up a 40th Anniversary patch from VancitySports a few days ago.

I'm absolutely stoked to pick up my 40th Anniversary Kesler jersey and newly stitched Kassian jersey from PCC tomorrow :handclap:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Thanks for the FAQ help Taelin.

I picked up a 40th Anniversary patch from VancitySports a few days ago.

I'm absolutely stoked to pick up my 40th Anniversary Kesler jersey and newly stitched Kassian jersey from PCC tomorrow :handclap:

No problem! I spend way too much time wandering around NHL stuff shops in my free time anyway. I swear the guy at the Metrotown Collector's Den recognises me now.

I should get my stuff stitched at PCC though; so much cheaper! So quite far away though...

McLlwain

Trevor Forever
Jun 9, 2005
Cologne/Germany

link

Got my jersey at the team store on Robson and had no problems with wrinkled up numbers.

Treat the jersey as "delicate" when you wash it. And never ever spin-dry it or put it in the drier.

CookieCrumbs*

I'm holding out on my Kassian jersey for the time being.

VanCitySports does have some good shirts and things of that nature, but the little rat that runs it knows not a thing about hockey jerseys. The rest of the employees are the same. Don't go there for anything jersey related. I've seen that slimy bast*rd screw up so many jerseys and then start spewing bullsh*t about why it's accurate etc.

Kassassin

#TeamSchneider
Jan 27, 2012
Burnaby
I'm holding out on my Kassian jersey for the time being.

VanCitySports does have some good shirts and things of that nature, but the little rat that runs it knows not a thing about hockey jerseys. The rest of the employees are the same. Don't go there for anything jersey related. I've seen that slimy bast*rd screw up so many jerseys and then start spewing bullsh*t about why it's accurate etc.

Hey CookieCrumbs!

Did you decide who to put on your authentic alternate jersey yet?

And agreed about VanCitySports. The owner is still there, but there's a new guy that works there as a cashier. He's a pretty cool guy to talk to lol. Got my 40th patch from him.

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Got my jersey at the team store on Robson and had no problems with wrinkled up numbers.

Treat the jersey as "delicate" when you wash it. And never ever spin-dry it or put it in the drier.

I have never washed my jersey, lol

actually now that i think about it, the wrinkle and stuff might depend on what year you got the jersey not the store

i got mine in 2006-2007, so that might have something to do with it. since the 2010 season i think the team store changed the materials of their patches. not 100% sure though.

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Yeah I've read that before but it's comparing fakes to authentic edge jerseys that the players wear on the ice.

Not many people own $300 edge jerseys which led me to create a fakes vs premier jersey in my free time ;)

bottom line... if you can get a jersey with name on the back, along with a fight strap for less than 200, its a fake!

Last edited:

CookieCrumbs*

Got a Hamhuis being done up as we speak. In fact, it should be ready for pick up on Monday. I wanted to wear it tomorrow to the game but, oh well.

I've got a home Edge 2.0 Team Issue that I've been saving to turn into a Kassian, but I don't want another jersey situation like the Oreskovich I had made up last season for Playoffs. Don't get me wrong I love the jersey. I had some pretty good times in it throughout last years run, which is why I would never have it stripped even though we most likely won't see Vic suit up for the Nucks again. Jersey obscurities can be short lived, but I appreciate them. Speaking of which, I saw a guy wearing an Ebbett jersey the other day. Gotta give the guy props for that. I guess everybody has their own reasons for the player they choose.

Kassassin

#TeamSchneider
Jan 27, 2012
Burnaby
I have never washed my jersey, lol

actually now that i think about it, the wrinkle and stuff might depend on what year you got the jersey not the store

Friend of mine got his Edler jersey at the beginning of the 2010 season and the back numbers are bubbly/folded.

I believe it's the material the team store uses. It's thicker compared to other places, so when you sit down, the numbers get crunched up and folded.

The nameplate gets bubbly if you wash your jersey and air dry it after [I know from experience... :shakehead ]. Always hang dry your jerseys after a wash my friends!

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Got a Hamhuis being done up as we speak. In fact, it should be ready for pick up on Monday. I wanted to wear it tomorrow to the game but, oh well.

I've got a home Edge 2.0 Team Issue that I've been saving to turn into a Kassian, but I don't want another jersey situation like the Oreskovich I had made up last season for Playoffs. Don't get me wrong I love the jersey. I had some pretty good times in it throughout last years run, which is why I would never have it stripped even though we most likely won't see Vic suit up for the Nucks again. Jersey obscurities can be short lived, but I appreciate them. Speaking of which, I saw a guy wearing an Ebbett jersey the other day. Gotta give the guy props for that. I guess everybody has their own reasons for the player they choose.

I have a Hamhuis jersey too! He's just too underrated, and needs more love!

CookieCrumbs*

bottom line... if you can get a jersey with name on the back for less, along with a fight strap for less than 200, its a fake!

I get what you're saying, but not entirely true. I got my Canucks Edge 1.0 authentic from River City Sports last year for $140. You can always find deals on Ebay and from time to time on Craigslist. You just have to know what you're looking for and how to distinguish the fakes. It's really not hard. Canuck fakes are pretty pathetic looking.

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
I get what you're saying, but not entirely true. I got my Canucks Edge 1.0 authentic from River City Sports last year for $140. You can always find deals on Ebay and from time to time on Craigslist. You just have to know what you're looking for and how to distinguish the fakes. It's really not hard. Canuck fakes are pretty pathetic looking.

so you didnt get it with a name on the back then :sarcasm:

Kassassin

#TeamSchneider
Jan 27, 2012
Burnaby
Speaking of which, I saw a guy wearing an Ebbett jersey the other day. Gotta give the guy props for that. I guess everybody has their own reasons for the player they choose.

Agreed. I remember sitting beside a guy on the bus a few weeks ago and he was wearing his Schneider jersey. Gotta give THAT guy props. Haven't seen too many of those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad