Official Calder Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Every Vancouver fan with a brain still has Cale as the clear front runner. But I think we can out to bed this silly idea that they aren't in the same tier. This is a 1A 1B situation and were happy our guy is 1B to a special player like Makar.
Somewhere, somehow, someone will still take offense to that no matter how genuine it may be.

pomx

May 15, 2014
Every Vancouver fan with a brain still has Cale as the clear front runner. But I think we can out to bed this silly idea that they aren't in the same tier. This is a 1A 1B situation and were happy our guy is 1B to a special player like Makar.
You’re a cool HF guy everybody look

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lots of hockey still to be played. Hughes in a small sample size looks to have cranked his play up to another level and has improved as the season goes on.
It's not over yet!

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Should have had 3 points tonight.

On pace for 61 points as a 20 year old.

We’re over the moon about his play. He’s been a revelation and the single biggest reason we’re solidly in a playoff spot. I don’t think anyone expected these kinds of numbers. I’d have been happy with 38 points over a full 82 games, but we still have 30 to go.

Obviously Avs fans feel the same way about Makar, and rightfully so. Instead of detracting from each other’s prized rookies, we should be celebrating that we as fans have the opportunity to watch two incredible rookie defensemen dominate the scoring lead.

Whoever wins the Calder at the end won’t take any of the shine off of the runner up. They are both amazing and should be for years to come.

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019

Wrong.

If you are not first, you are last! /s

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
To me, it isn't even the points that impress me about Hughes. It's the way he handles the puck at the blue line and his skating ability.

Elusiveness.

He is a magician along the offensive line. He can look like he’s trapped with nowhere to go, and instantly do a quick pivot or spin to get himself free without missing a beat.

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I have Makar ahead, and I don’t think anyone seriously has Hughes leading this race, but it definitely is a race.

It’s the best race we’ve seen in years, and it’s unique because it’s between two insane Dmen. Can’t wait to see the point totals.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
His last 10 games literally have nothing to do with what his next 10 games will be.

You're not seriously this clueless right? Like come on.

we're contextualising what Hughes' 10 games advantage means in terms of point lead

You're basing it off a 0.9 pace from Makar and I'm basing it off of 0.8. It's ironic that you're saying his last 10 games have nothing to do with his next 10 whilst repeating that Makar has a hypothetical 8 point lead! LOL

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
we're contextualising what Hughes' 10 games advantage means in terms of point lead

You're basing it off a 0.9 pace from Makar and I'm basing it off of 0.8. It's ironic that you're saying his last 10 games have nothing to do with his next 10 whilst repeating that Makar has a hypothetical 8 point lead! LOL

I give up. I honestly thought you were just joking at the beginning but you're not.... Wow this explains so much.

Reactions: NuxFan09

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Should have had 3 points tonight.

On pace for 61 points as a 20 year old.

We’re over the moon about his play. He’s been a revelation and the single biggest reason we’re solidly in a playoff spot. I don’t think anyone expected these kinds of numbers. I’d have been happy with 38 points over a full 82 games, but we still have 30 to go.

Obviously Avs fans feel the same way about Makar, and rightfully so. Instead of detracting from each other’s prized rookies, we should be celebrating that we as fans have the opportunity to watch two incredible rookie defensemen dominate the scoring lead.

Whoever wins the Calder at the end won’t take any of the shine off of the runner up. They are both amazing and should be for years to come.
Drawing a blank but when was the last time two dmen like Makar and Hughes broke into the league the same year?

Reactions: bh53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad