Official Apple Thread - 9/12 - GDT iPhone & friends Release

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
All the non-apple stuff I've used over the years has sucked. Chargers specifically. They don't charge as fast and the connectivity to the charging port loses it's effectiveness super fast

Reactions: chicagoskycam

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
iphones need to have USB TYPE lightning C charging ports. if mac laptops and ipads can have it why can't the phones? thats something apple needs to improve on if they wanna keep on manufacturing phones for the foreseeable future.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
has anyone tried their trade-in value with their current phones in the past to get a new phone? im thinking about trading in my 1 year old 11 pro for a 12 pro maxxx

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
has anyone tried their trade-in value with their current phones in the past to get a new phone? im thinking about trading in my 1 year old 11 pro for a 12 pro maxxx
Can sell it yourself, look at a site like Gazelle (whatever the offer price is, the final offer is always lower), if you shop at a store, Best Buy or Amazon, or like said above trade-in with your provider. I am looking to get the 12 pro max also, and am leaning between Best Buy or trading in with my provider who is Xfinity. For instance for my 64 gig Iphone X:

BestBuy: $300 gift card
Gazelle: $150 cash
Amazon: $230 gift card
Walmart: $154 cash
Apple Store: $250 MAX (so definitely less)
Xfinity store: Need to go into store to get a quote -_-

Last edited:
Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Can sell it yourself, look at a site like Gazelle (whatever the offer price is, the final offer is always lower), if you shop at a store, Best Buy or Amazon, or like said above trade-in with your provider. I am looking to get the 12 pro max also, and am leaning between Best Buy or trading in with my provider who is Xfinity. For instance for my 64 gig Iphone X:

im looking at facebook market atm. most phones selling for 1000 or 1300 depending on model and condition.

Reactions: sa cyred

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

i should have went for 11 pro max last year but was used to having a smaller phone in hand. the last phone that was big for me was a samsung note 4 in my hands a 6-7 years ago.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

what phone are you currently using? are u gonna upgrade or keep. i tend to upgrade every 2-3 years. but this year might be different because of the design features. iphone 4 look design

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
iphones need to have USB TYPE lightning C charging ports. if mac laptops and ipads can have it why can't the phones? thats something apple needs to improve on if they wanna keep on manufacturing phones for the foreseeable future.
Yeah and you know what mate, they will do it next year and then you'll be stuck with all of these redundant cables that you'll end up trying to recycle or give to someone.

My iPad charger should be what the new Iphone12 uses, but nah.

Still debating if I want to switch my personal phone from XS Max to the equivalent in 12.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
All the non-apple stuff I've used over the years has sucked. Chargers specifically. They don't charge as fast and the connectivity to the charging port loses it's effectiveness super fast
I have a charging port from Apple when they first introduced it and it's worked perfectly fine.

Meanwhile, my Samsung "fast charge" worked for a week and died, then the replacement did the same thing and it was a repeat of that until I said f*** it and just used a normal cable because it was pointless.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
what phone are you currently using? are u gonna upgrade or keep. i tend to upgrade every 2-3 years. but this year might be different because of the design features. iphone 4 look design
Sorry missed this. My wife and I both have X's.

We decided to go with it and I ordered 2 of the 12 pro max for both of us. Mine was shipped and arriving Friday. The wife's wasn't and I make sure to keep letting her know that :laugh:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
3rd party chargers never worked long for me. I tried monocables for a while but they seemed to fail after a few months. The stuff you buy at a gas station in a pinch always seems to heat up my phone which can't be good. Those last a few weeks.

I am glad Im not the only one... Even the highly rated ones of Amazon die super fast for me. The amount of chargers I have to keep buying is insane.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Sorry missed this. My wife and I both have X's.

We decided to go with it and I ordered 2 of the 12 pro max for both of us. Mine was shipped and arriving Friday. The wife's wasn't and I make sure to keep letting her know that :laugh:

im trying to sell my current iphone 11 pro 256gbs so i can order the pro max 12. i have never used a big phone since samsung note 4.

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
im trying to sell my current iphone 11 pro 256gbs so i can order the pro max 12. i have never used a big phone since samsung note 4.
Gotcha. Officially they are coming in tomorrow. I never had a larger phone than my X. My wife had the large 7 and she loved it. She doesnt know if I will like it but we shall see!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Gotcha. Officially they are coming in tomorrow. I never had a larger phone than my X. My wife had the large 7 and she loved it. She doesnt know if I will like it but we shall see!

yesterday i posted my phone on facebook marketplace asking for 1200, today somebody offered 700... i didn't reply. lol . jesus. are they that dumb?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
yesterday i posted my phone on facebook marketplace asking for 1200, today somebody offered 700... i didn't reply. lol . jesus. are they that dumb?

no they are just trying to take advantage of people who want to do the yearly upgrade and hoping to score a sweet deal from those that badly want the 12.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
That's the nature of FB Marketplace. Way too many lowballers. I just sold a iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB. Over two dozen inquiries before it finally sold. $240. I mean, I can sympathize with some people going through tough times, but...come on.

Thankfully, I also bought a new iPhone Xs Max 512 GB. No haggle. $650.

It all depends on the buyer, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad