Official Apple Thread - 9/12 - GDT iPhone & friends Release

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Really happy with my 11 Pro

Cameras and battery are insanely good

I have the gold version, it's a beautful matte gold, not pink, reminds me of the sand (yeah I love the beach lol)

But most solid cases don't look good with goldm and clear cases make it look glossy

Oh well

Reactions: David71

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
ATT is running a promo for a free iPhone 12, not the Pro. It looks like you get a rebate in your bill.

I may just sell my 11 Pro outright but trying to get a good feel for the average selling price.
Yeah I upgraded from the X to the 11 Pro, there was a good deal and it has allowed me to lower my bill by $30/month
Still haven't sold the X though, maybe I should get on that lol

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
no charger and brick included.. wow.. so that means customers gonna fork out extra money to buy it seperately... should have changed the usb lighnting cable to usb C...
Although the brick/charger is only $20, this is a giant kick in the nuts to Apple fans. Masking this cash grab as "reducing our carbon footprint" is such obvious garbage.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Although the brick/charger is only $20, this is a giant kick in the nuts to Apple fans. Masking this cash grab as "reducing our carbon footprint" is such obvious garbage.

If they were doing this carbon thing maybe they would set up some type of exchange program for all their old chargers, bricks, ect that we have all accumulated over the years but can't use anymore.

Most people need the brick so how having the option when ordering for cost.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Really happy with my 11 Pro

Cameras and battery are insanely good

I have the gold version, it's a beautful matte gold, not pink, reminds me of the sand (yeah I love the beach lol)

But most solid cases don't look good with goldm and clear cases make it look glossy

Oh well

Right, we can't even see some of these beautiful phones all the time because they are in a case. How about making them a bit more durable.

Reactions: Power Man

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
If they were doing this carbon thing maybe they would set up some type of exchange program for all their old chargers, bricks, ect that we have all accumulated over the years but can't use anymore.

Most people need the brick so how having the option when ordering for cost.
Obviously they took advantage of a narrative that worked in their favour. But it fits and actually does make sense haha so it was smart to really hit 2 birds with 1 stone by cutting costs (for shipping and chargers) and also “helping” the environment. If they were serious about environment they should offer a recycling program for their AirPods which last max 2-3 years.

I expect the other companies to follow suit and won’t be surprised. The push towards wireless charging is very smart though. Try not to compete on changing chargers and stuff - between USB c and lightning - develop the wireless charging tech.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't like their rationale for a smaller battery than the previous model because it charges faster. Yeah, if you use the brick that has the faster charging one. I have my work phone that is the 11 Pro and the Ipad had the bricks, but anyone moving up from an XS Max (like my personal phone) only, would be screwed.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Does IPhone require Apple licensed power banks?

I ask because when I am charging my phone with a relatively cheap powerbank, it works fine for 20 minutes or so and then Accessory Not Supported appears. I know power bank still got some juice.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

i think they really need to include the power brick in the box for the price of the phones 1000+ depending on model. so ridiculous.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Does IPhone require Apple licensed power banks?

I ask because when I am charging my phone with a relatively cheap powerbank, it works fine for 20 minutes or so and then Accessory Not Supported appears. I know power bank still got some juice.
It's highly recommened to get a licensed one, and it's better for your phone's battery

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It's highly recommened to get a licensed one, and it's better for your phone's battery
I agree with this forpretty much any phone. Always use an official charger.
I understand the whole environment stuff, but the consumer should be able to go to a store with his proof of purchase and get a free brick
The ridiculous thing is that most phone companies include 15-20 watt chargers too, the 5 watt charger was always ridiculous

Speaking of apple, apple arcade is apparently developing in house exclusives and is developing "AAA caliber" games. Curious to see if there's anything to those rumors.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I agree with this forpretty much any phone. Always use an official charger.

The ridiculous thing is that most phone companies include 15-20 watt chargers too, the 5 watt charger was always ridiculous

Speaking of apple, apple arcade is apparently developing in house exclusives and is developing "AAA caliber" games. Curious to see if there's anything to those rumors.
There are already reports that the Galaxy S30 won’t include a brick and headphones lol

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
There are already reports that the Galaxy S30 won’t include a brick and headphones lol
That's probably true, but Samsung always follows apples lead. They'll probably not do that for a few years though since they literally are making ads right now advertising their 25 watt fast charger in the box.

Was about 3 year difference between apple and Samsung removing the charge port.

Speaking of apple, also rumors of them ditching OLED and going to mini led lcds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad