Official Apple Thread - 9/12 - GDT iPhone & friends Release

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
We sold both our X's at Best Buy for $300 each. This was the 64 gb one. The best buy associate was surprised that we got that much but that is what the system told her. We are using it for a console most likely so it was worth it compared to what other places were offering.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I got a 12 a couple weeks to replace my 8 , and it's pretty OK. It hasn't blown me away or anything (it's just another iPhone), and I wish Apple would've done the under glass Touch ID, especially given the current state of mask wearing. The cameras are OK, but I'm probably just jaded by my Sony a7III.

I think I was more impressed by Apple's settings transfer between phones. It just worked, my S3 Apple Watch too, like next to nothing skipped a beat. That, and Apple shipped the phone from Rialto CA to Missoula in a little over a day - ordered on a Thursday morning, got it the following afternoon.

The M1 chip told me to hold off on getting a new laptop, until I can save up for a new MBP though. That has me more excited for next year than anything. (always wait for gen 2)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I got a 12 a couple weeks to replace my 8 , and it's pretty OK. It hasn't blown me away or anything (it's just another iPhone), and I wish Apple would've done the under glass Touch ID, especially given the current state of mask wearing. The cameras are OK, but I'm probably just jaded by my Sony a7III.

I think I was more impressed by Apple's settings transfer between phones. It just worked, my S3 Apple Watch too, like next to nothing skipped a beat. That, and Apple shipped the phone from Rialto CA to Missoula in a little over a day - ordered on a Thursday morning, got it the following afternoon.

The M1 chip told me to hold off on getting a new laptop, until I can save up for a new MBP though. That has me more excited for next year than anything. (always wait for gen 2)

heh heh heh. ya shooting a full frame sensor and going to a cellphone to take a picture is like hoping out of your Ferrari and getting into a hyundai elantra. They do take good photos for insta and social media sharing but nothing near the quality of the A73

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Anyone else having problems after the new software update? Two of my friends and my mother in law all have had problems with their iPhones the last week. MiL has the X, buddy has 11, other buddy has the X too i think. They updated their phones and their screens are all acting really weird and slow.

Buddy with the 11 just had his warranty expire 9 days before the phone started acting up too, which is super sketchy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Anyone else having problems after the new software update? Two of my friends and my mother in law all have had problems with their iPhones the last week. MiL has the X, buddy has 11, other buddy has the X too i think. They updated their phones and their screens are all acting really weird and slow.

Buddy with the 11 just had his warranty expire 9 days before the phone started acting up too, which is super sketchy
Sometimes I swear since the update text messages come through but it doesn't notifty me of them. Then i'll see them later on :dunno: I have the X

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Sometimes I swear since the update text messages come through but it doesn't notifty me of them. Then i'll see them later on :dunno: I have the X
I have this problem too. I have the 11 pro. Sometimes I don’t get text notifications

Last edited:

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
It's a well known issue on 14.2

I watched a video yesterday with the latest beta update, apprently it's gonna fix the issue
Good to know. I didn’t really think much of it. Thought it maybe could’ve been a service issue or something

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

lol you can't compare a smartphone camera to a top of the line DSLR
But the iPhone is still great, the best camera is the one you carry

As for the ID, the next iOS update will allow face ID to work wth masks on

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Even for $550 (real money, not Canadian money) they're pretty sick. I'd have to wait for my Audio Technicas to die but i'm definitely intrigued

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Apple launches AirPods Max priced at $779 in Canada

nice looking headphones but they gotta do better on that price point.

Looks interesting.

I've never been interested in the regular AirPods, or any kind of in-ear buds for that matter. I despise the feeling of something sticking in my ear. Always get uncomfortable after a while and/or fall out. Besides which, my ears are, umm, productive when it comes to earwax, so buds always wind up getting pretty gross pretty fast.

That's why I always stick to on-ear or over-ear headphones these days.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Do they give my ears a massage while playing music? Like, how do they justify that price?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Looks interesting.

I've never been interested in the regular AirPods, or any kind of in-ear buds for that matter. I despise the feeling of something sticking in my ear. Always get uncomfortable after a while and/or fall out. Besides which, my ears are, umm, productive when it comes to earwax, so buds always wind up getting pretty gross pretty fast.

I have both and I will say the AirPods don't fall out at all on me. They are one of my best purchases and I love the case that keeps them charged. I don't have the gen 2 which are noise cancelling so if I'm listening to a podcast it's challenging while mowing the lawn. My beats sound better but they can be a little much when it's hot out or at the gym. Yes, the AirPods to tend to get some grime on them

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Looks interesting.

Felt the same as you until i got a pair of them myself. They're great. Wear them working out and walking around the city. Love em. No tangles and none of that infuriating feeling where you get your cord snagged on a drawer know and have your headphones yanked out of your ears

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
my current iphone 11 pro battery capacity was at 100 percent when i first brought it. now the last few days its been decreasing. the maximum capacity is 92 percent now. is there a way to bring it back to 100. i don't use the fast charging brick that much. only my ipad charger 12w

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
my current iphone 11 pro battery capacity was at 100 percent when i first brought it. now the last few days its been decreasing. the maximum capacity is 92 percent now. is there a way to bring it back to 100. i don't use the fast charging brick that much. only my ipad charger 12w

happened to my friends battery as well and it is an 11. he is trying to sell it now. is it just a poor battery apple has sourced to increase profit margines or is it a software error?

Reactions: David71

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

How long between the time you bought it and now??

Reactions: David71

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
happened to my friends battery as well and it is an 11. he is trying to sell it now. is it just a poor battery apple has sourced to increase profit margines or is it a software error?

It’s neither. Smartphone batteries get worse over time, like every battery, except this you’re charging every single day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad