Official Apple Thread - 9/12 - GDT iPhone & friends Release

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
That's the nature of FB Marketplace. Way too many lowballers. I just sold a iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB. Over two dozen inquiries before it finally sold. $240. I mean, I can sympathize with some people going through tough times, but...come on.

Thankfully, I also bought a new iPhone Xs Max 512 GB. No haggle. $650.

It all depends on the buyer, lol.

i was gonna post on other sites like redflags or craiglist to get a better feel of the market for 11 pros. 256gbs

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
i was gonna post on other sites like redflags or craiglist to get a better feel of the market for 11 pros. 256gbs

The price was throwing me off but then I realized it was maybe CA. I used offerup for my X and basically responded to lowball offers with a counter increase in price lol. I finally sold it some kid that paid cash and was cool, just have to sort through the idiots.

Reactions: David71

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
i went to metrotown today to see the phone and feel it in my hands BUT there was a big f***ing lineup. jesus... so i went home.

Lol yeah figured.
The 12 Pro Max is a great phone, already loving it.
I pre ordered my phone through Bell cause I had a free device upgrade.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Lol yeah figured.
The 12 Pro Max is a great phone, already loving it.
I pre ordered my phone through Bell cause I had a free device upgrade.

how much did u end up paying? for the device altogether. im gonna try craigslists to see if theres better offers out there for my pro 11 before i decide to actualy order the phone via apple. its not in stores atm. still deciding on the color. gold/silver or pacific blue with either a clear case from amazon or darker case.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
how much did u end up paying? for the device altogether. im gonna try craigslists to see if theres better offers out there for my pro 11 before i decide to actualy order the phone via apple. its not in stores atm. still deciding on the color. gold/silver or pacific blue with either a clear case from amazon or darker case.

Upfront I paid nothing but I pay like 73 bucks a month for the next 2 years to pay off this phone

Reactions: KapG and David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Upfront I paid nothing but I pay like 73 bucks a month for the next 2 years to pay off this phone

wow you must be lucky lol. if i did a trade in with apple. the most they offer would be 615 after trade in. price would be 934. total after trade in 1119 total. last resort is apple. i've posted both on craiglists and facebook marketplace to see if theres any suitors for more value.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Loving the 12 pro max. The wife and I can’t say it enough. First big phone for me and just makes such a big difference. Haven’t had any issues fitting into pocked. Gotta get used to using 2 hands abit more

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Loving the 12 pro max. The wife and I can’t say it enough. First big phone for me and just makes such a big difference. Haven’t had any issues fitting into pocked. Gotta get used to using 2 hands abit more

maybe if you wore jeans probbaly be tighter to fit your phone depending if its slim or regular/

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
maybe if you wore jeans probbaly be tighter to fit your phone depending if its slim or regular/
Funny enough, I did actually wear them and was abit worried. Yea it is larger for sure, but I didnt have too many issues with it feeling to large. I can say that it will be tough for me to go smaller in the future!

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
The best advice I heard is buy a case from amazon or something. I had a good feeling I would get one so I bought the case I wanted and got an idea on the size. You can buy a small cheaper one

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
The best advice I heard is buy a case from amazon or something. I had a good feeling I would get one so I bought the case I wanted and got an idea on the size. You can buy a small cheaper one

amazon has alot of different cases for your phone needs. its cheaper than getting one from apple store. and better looking. I always buy cases/screen protectors and tech stuff on amazon

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
amazon has alot of different cases for your phone needs. its cheaper than getting one from apple store. and better looking. I always buy cases/screen protectors and tech stuff on amazon
Yea sorry that was mid thought haha. I meant in regards to size (even though you are right too haha). I was able to know how the size would fit in my hand due to the case.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Has anyone that has gotten a 12 Pro or other new models on Verizon or any other provider had some major dead zone areas?

I’ve been to the local mall probably 4 times since I’ve gotten the new phone and essentially the entire footprint of the mall including the parking lot has been a total deadzone. It does the full 5G bar thing but absolutely no service. It doesn’t drop to LTE or 3G under any circumstance in that situation. This has also happened when I stopped at the bank and while trying to do curbside pickup at target but had to go in because I couldn’t notify them that I was there. It’s super inconvenient. I’ve never had these issues before and I’ve had Verizon for 15 years.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Has anyone that has gotten a 12 Pro or other new models on Verizon or any other provider had some major dead zone areas?

I’ve been to the local mall probably 4 times since I’ve gotten the new phone and essentially the entire footprint of the mall including the parking lot has been a total deadzone. It does the full 5G bar thing but absolutely no service. It doesn’t drop to LTE or 3G under any circumstance in that situation. This has also happened when I stopped at the bank and while trying to do curbside pickup at target but had to go in because I couldn’t notify them that I was there. It’s super inconvenient. I’ve never had these issues before and I’ve had Verizon for 15 years.

Nope but I have the 12 Pro with ATT. The service has been the same as the 11 and I don't think I've actually connected to 5G anywhere or didn't realize it.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm thinking about getting a Home pod (or 2) to enhance my audio on the TV. I don't have a big stand (I have one of those swiviling stands) so I'm not sure a soundbar would work. The Minis look interesting but I wanted to get some advice as to what I should go with. I'm deeply into the Apple Ecosystem so I was just wondering if the Home Pods were worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->