OT: Official Adult Hockey League Talk, Pt. 2

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
So wait, you're good enough to play in B and you're *****ing about your reception playing in the E levels? Maybe **** off back to a division you belong in?

Unless I misread your post.

I dont know him so its just speculating but he said he played in B doesnt mean he belongs there and started EE, not necessarily where he got these cheap shots. He will have to answer those questions though. Lots of people play high levels when they shouldnt

iczer34

Dec 2, 2005
I'm not *****ing, I'm comparing the amount of dirty plays that I've personally experienced throughout the different levels. If you want to call that *****ing then go ahead but I'm just making an observation.

And no, I don't play in the E levels. Can I play in B? Yes. Do I belong there? Arguable.

Due to some life changes, I can only accommodate a Sun/Mon schedule which are only meant for the "lower" levels. I'm playing for a couple of teams in the D levels right now and it's been a good fit so far.

Like I said before, be safe and play clean.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Anyone know of a hockey shop with a decent pro stock stick collection (other than that store by the tank with ridiculously high prices on sticks 4+ years old)? I'm in the market and will be in the area so you never know what kind of gem you might find.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
Anyone know if San Jose Skate Sharpening and Profiling is still open?

Was going to drive down tomorrow. Tried to call them, but their number has been disconnected...

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
http://sfbulls.com/community/pick-up-league/

Play pick-up at the Cow Palace!

Although goalies don't play free... I find that offensive.

Either way, should be cool.

LOL!! $25 to play on their crappy ice. No thanks.

an hour to play with 18 skaters and two goalies each? how lame.

Maybe you guys are spoiled up there in San Jose, but this actually sounds like a good deal to me. 90 mins of ice time, two goalies and capping it at 20 skaters. Toss in a free ticket and the "experience" of playing in the Cow Palace and $25 doesn't seem unreasonable at all with plenty of ice time.

Dr Acula

May 1, 2009
90 mins of ice is $12-15 in San Jose/Fremont. They give away "free" tickets all the time because they can't sell out. It's an experience I guess, if you enjoying inhaling exhaust fumes and skating on rough choppy ice. :dunno:

It's still ice time, I'd skate there if I've got no other options nearby.

MetropolisPt31

Feb 11, 2009
Sunnyvale, CA
AaqPgXi.jpg

Do any of youse guys have any stories about Off the Short Bus/Puck Dynasty shenanigans? A poopstorm's a-brewin' in Senior DDDD South, let me tell ya.

Dr Acula

May 1, 2009
What the background story on those guys? Must have been pretty bad to have every team hate their guts lol.

ChokingV

Mar 25, 2006
Downtown SJ
AaqPgXi.jpg

Do any of youse guys have any stories about Off the Short Bus/Puck Dynasty shenanigans? A poopstorm's a-brewin' in Senior DDDD South, let me tell ya.

I was going to ask the same thing, haha. I've played against them a few times and those guys are straight bonkers. They are so over the top violent that they get a couple of guys suspended EACH GAME. They're so bad now that teams are forfeiting the games against them, since no one wants to end up in the emergency room from a low level beer league game. Why Tyler keeps letting them play is beyond me, especially since they've apparently been banned from a couple of other leagues. I've also heard they register suspended players under fake names so they can keep playing and hurting people.

Edit: http://stats.liahl.org/oss-scoresheet?game_id=92765&mode=display I wasn't in this game, but this scoresheet was passed around a lot of locker rooms. Look at all those penalties, and almost all of them are of the "why are you doing this in a beer league game?" variety.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I played in a league with them and they bring in ringers like nobodies business. We destroyed them every time in the regular season and then all of a sudden during the play offs they have people going space ghost all over the place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad