OT: Official Adult Hockey League Talk, Pt. 2

MetropolisPt31

Feb 11, 2009
Sunnyvale, CA
The captains of all the other teams are in agreement to boycott all games against them. It's going to be interesting to see how Tyler will respond, considering a bunch of players contacted him before the season and he did nothing back then.

Dr Acula

May 1, 2009
Don't care, already got your money.

I kind of want to show up tomorrow just to see the looks on their faces. :laugh:

MetropolisPt31

Feb 11, 2009
Sunnyvale, CA
Apparently, Puck Dynasty had a bunch of people (as far away from Hollister) to watch the game we boycotted on Saturday. A guy from Dunder Mifflin, who was mistaken for someone on our team, was harassed in Stanley's by a female fan of PD.

Dr Acula

May 1, 2009
Apparently, Puck Dynasty had a bunch of people (as far away from Hollister) to watch the game we boycotted on Saturday. A guy from Dunder Mifflin, who was mistaken for someone on our team, was harassed in Stanley's by a female fan of PD.

Ahahahah that's hilarious. What was this "fan" saying to him? :laugh:

ChokingV

Mar 25, 2006
Downtown SJ
As relayed to me:

It gets better. The players on the ice and the fans in the stand were flipping off the Dunder players that were sitting by the window. Puck Dynasty was pretty upset and it was hilarious. It's like they're completely unaware of why people don't like them. Watching them stand near the door looking around in confusion before being buzzed on the ice was both a little sad and extremely fulfilling.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
is this at sharks ice?

i play in sacramento so im not aware of this stuff, but it sounds like these teams take themselves too seriously? is it pretty high level there?

MetropolisPt31

Feb 11, 2009
Sunnyvale, CA
It gets better. The players on the ice and the fans in the stand were flipping off the Dunder players that were sitting by the window. Puck Dynasty was pretty upset and it was hilarious. It's like they're completely unaware of why people don't like them. Watching them stand near the door looking around in confusion before being buzzed on the ice was both a little sad and extremely fulfilling.

Ten bucks says Tyler still doesn't do anything.

is this at sharks ice?

i play in sacramento so im not aware of this stuff, but it sounds like these teams take themselves too seriously? is it pretty high level there?
This is in the biggest division, 28 teams split 4 ways. Specifically, all the teams involved are in the "South" group. The action isn't high level and, for the most part, everyone knows each other and has respect for each other. A team acting like this, and the response, is rare. I've been playing there for about 10 years and have played against chippy teams, but this is definitely a first.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Ten bucks says Tyler still doesn't do anything.

This is in the biggest division, 28 teams split 4 ways. Specifically, all the teams involved are in the "South" group. The action isn't high level and, for the most part, everyone knows each other and has respect for each other. A team acting like this, and the response, is rare. I've been playing there for about 10 years and have played against chippy teams, but this is definitely a first.

thats crazy lol.

ChokingV

Mar 25, 2006
Downtown SJ
is this at sharks ice?

Yeah, what Metro said. In the ten years I've been playing there, I've never seen another team like Puck Dynasty. Everyone goes out there to have fun, and sometimes things get heated, but at the end of the game everyone shakes hands and has beer together upstairs. But not Puck Dynasty. They run around, intentionally trying to hurt people, and then will stand over the injured player mocking them. They sent one of my teamates to the emergency room after one of their players took a baseball style swing at his neck. One guy tried to start a fight with me in the handshake line after we very lightly grazed arms.

The funny thing is, if they dropped their antics they'd be a really fun team to play against. They're pretty organized and have a lot of dangerous players and could be one of the best teams if they weren't so stupid.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
if multiple teams are boycotting I would hope that would show enough for Tyler to do something. I mean how many times does it take someone getting seriously hurt or how many attempts before a team just gets banned since they are obviously not there to play hockey.

Have been thinking about getting back into it and was thinking of quad D but might end up in E to avoid this crap.

Dr Acula

May 1, 2009
I heard these guys have already been kicked out of two rinks. Looks like their fans and players both exude the same kind of class and excellence. Hard to feel sorry for them.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I just found out about these guys this last weekend. My goalie said their game right before ours was empty and they were just checking the **** out of one another for fun.

Trl3789

Jun 17, 2011
Bay Area
Yeah, what Metro said. In the ten years I've been playing there, I've never seen another team like Puck Dynasty. Everyone goes out there to have fun, and sometimes things get heated, but at the end of the game everyone shakes hands and has beer together upstairs. But not Puck Dynasty. They run around, intentionally trying to hurt people, and then will stand over the injured player mocking them. They sent one of my teamates to the emergency room after one of their players took a baseball style swing at his neck. One guy tried to start a fight with me in the handshake line after we very lightly grazed arms.

The funny thing is, if they dropped their antics they'd be a really fun team to play against. They're pretty organized and have a lot of dangerous players and could be one of the best teams if they weren't so stupid.

I know i'm a bit late to this, but i'm playing EE and EEEE, and stories about these guys are circling down there too. Its all sounded pretty terrible from what i've heard. Its sad that it's reached the point that teams are willing to boycott/eat a games worth of money to try and prove a point.

Sharkzfan

Jul 26, 2012
if multiple teams are boycotting I would hope that would show enough for Tyler to do something. I mean how many times does it take someone getting seriously hurt or how many attempts before a team just gets banned since they are obviously not there to play hockey.

Have been thinking about getting back into it and was thinking of quad D but might end up in E to avoid this crap.

Question for you guys...
I subbed in net for a team in CC. Whats the level of play in the DDDD? I'm looking to join a team full time in either SJ or Oakland. But Oakland ranks their divs different.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
Man i read thru a few of their scoresheets

SPEARING? cant believe these cementheads.

Looked at the playoff tree for the season, were they banned from the playoffs?

Hope so. How awful is it when you want to play hard but clean hockey, and you have to put up with this garbage?

Looks like they were formerly Off the Short Bus. Now looks like this coming winter they are formerly in the league.

Sad that the "hockey director" didnt want to listen to the players.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Anyone use the T90? ordered one for when I return home, so itll be waiting for me.

curious what others may have thought.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
Was in San Mateo today. I drove by the ice rink and was surprised to see it closed??? Is it shut down or something?

Teasdale

Dec 29, 2011
Anybody play in Oakland? I recently moved to the east bay and got on a team but I'm not sure what the skill level is like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad