Official 8th Baseball ATD Discussion Thread III

Say Hey Kid

War's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My votes will be coming in this afternoon. ...
Me too. After dinner last night I put a couple really nice Guinness Brined Briskets (fancy corned beef) and some red potatoes in the crock pot and the food's gonna be good and tender tonight. ;)

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

War's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
hangover_feat_v2.png

Voted, although computer simulations say there's a 100% chance Pwn's post-St Patrick Day's hangover will be too bad for him to post the results Friday. ;)

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The more the merrier. I like this way more when there's more teams. Definite strengths and weaknesses looking over all the teams as opposed to just stupid stacked and stacked.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Voted, although computer simulations say there's a 100% chance Pwn's post-St Patrick Day's hangover will be too bad for him to post the results Friday. ;)

I went to a party last weekend so that I could have one. Tough during the week but for you out there who did party Thur night and are at work today, good on ya.

I have the final AL votes. Super awesome recaps to come....

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Got them. Tyty.

In the interest of time, I will shorten the NL recaps.

Votes by Tuesday at 7am est, same drill NL to Darko, AL to me.

tyty.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I can only comment for NL but this year was super close. Well done to everyone.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Loved participating this year. I'm happy that I've actually almost upset one of the best NL team in the tournament. Will vote for the last few rounds and can't wait for next year's one.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Loved participating this year. I'm happy that I've actually almost upset one of the best NL team in the tournament. Will vote for the last few rounds and can't wait for next year's one.

You won the play-in game and you also almost knocked out Montreal. Job well done IMO

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Question for everyone (hopefully, it doesn't come off as being a sore loser. Just want to collect some info to help with my next go around)- Where did I go wrong with my team?

Obviously I missed on grabbing a rotation anchor, but I felt that I filled out my starters with quality innings eaters. Did I lean too much on Kaneda being a big innings guy out of the pen and spot starter?

I know I lacked the huge power in the middle of the lineup like a lot of the teams, but I felt that I didn't forego power, still had a guys who could launch homers, but I thought I put together one of (if not the most) complete and balanced lineup out there, including guys who could swipe bags and take extra bases.

I guess I kind of played loose and fast with the defensive side of things, but I felt that everyone I fielded was at worst an average defender.

Any input would be welcome. I felt like I was better than a 10th place team (granted I have a bias and all). Just would like to get some feedback, if possible.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Question for everyone (hopefully, it doesn't come off as being a sore loser. Just want to collect some info to help with my next go around)- Where did I go wrong with my team?

Obviously I missed on grabbing a rotation anchor, but I felt that I filled out my starters with quality innings eaters. Did I lean too much on Kaneda being a big innings guy out of the pen and spot starter?

I know I lacked the huge power in the middle of the lineup like a lot of the teams, but I felt that I didn't forego power, still had a guys who could launch homers, but I thought I put together one of (if not the most) complete and balanced lineup out there, including guys who could swipe bags and take extra bases.

I guess I kind of played loose and fast with the defensive side of things, but I felt that everyone I fielded was at worst an average defender.

Any input would be welcome. I felt like I was better than a 10th place team (granted I have a bias and all). Just would like to get some feedback, if possible.

Not gonna pretend like I know baseball the best here, but I'm gonna give you my opinion. I ranked you the 9th best NL team. I am not gonna lie, I thought your pitching was way below average. As for your offense, it had a few very good batters such as Henderson, Collins, Thome and Chipper, but there were some better lineups out there. Also, the defense of Garciaparra, Thome and Jones was definitly below average. To finish, your bench wasn't really scary imo.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Weak rotation. Focusing on offense and letting the rotation take a back seat is fine but you better nail the offense part and IMO you didn't. Not a fan of Thome in this format. I never draft Thome, Frank Thomas or David Ortiz because they can't play 1B an entire season.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Winger if you compare your team to UL's. UL decided to go pitching heavy and he has arguably best rotation while offense took somewhat of a hit. That's fine but you just need to nail the bit you focusing on.

Also UL's offense is somewhat underrated. It's not a great offense but he put the emphasis on the long ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad