Official 8th Baseball ATD Discussion Thread III

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
I took the same stance as winger for hire. These lineups will wear down your starters one way or another. You need a deep bullpen to succeed. That being said, it isn't as if the BJ's can't win the play in, or make a run in a series.

UL Washington

Jun 5, 2008
In the other thread, pwn wrote: "I was just reminded. You can send AL and NL votes to me since I'm not involved in the series'. I'll do my best to write up something fun for the results. Not as good as the smallpox world series last year, but something."

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I got nicked for a short pen? Smoltz, hoffman, mcdaniels, Gordon are great in the pen.

But you're asking way too much of either them or your starters over a full season.

You can't have your pen throwing 3, 4 innings almost every night with only 4 guys... 2 of which are short men. And if you do rest them, you'll be hanging your starter out to dry on nights he's not throwing bullets. Loading more labor intensive innings on them.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
You can send AL and NL to me if it's easier, I'm not in either series so that's fine. If you send NL to Darko already, that's fine too. I'll make sure I collect them prior to results.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
4f79bd4708d07.preview-300.jpg

Can anyone name the first overall MLB draft pick in 1991?

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
As we start to move towards a point where teams begin to become eliminated from postseason play, I hope that at the least, everyone had fun putting a team together, which for me was always the ultimate goal in all of this and the main reason I still organize it.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
As we start to move towards a point where teams begin to become eliminated from postseason play, I hope that at the least, everyone had fun putting a team together, which for me was always the ultimate goal in all of this and the main reason I still organize it.
Yeah, I enjoy the research most (I've already put hours in for next year) and then the drafting second.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I've had a great time Pwn

Cool. That makes me happy.

I also hope everyone that voted in the play-in games, continues to stay involved as we finish the draft out as well. Everyone came along this far and the process is by no means speedy so what's a little more. We'll be finished by Opening Day :popcorn:

UL Washington

Jun 5, 2008
Yep. Love the ATD. Its fun putting together a draft strategy and trying to stick with it.

And I'd say 95% of the participants seem like decent blokes and its fun to see where others view some of the all-time greats and shooting the **** about baseball.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I for one hate all of you and hope to never do this again...

Just kidding of course. Love this draft and I hope I can participate in future ones. I'd love to try a completely different approach and see the outcome.

Great work Pwn. And to everyone else, researching a team is pretty exhausting but fun.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I for one hate all of you and hope to never do this again...

Just kidding of course. Love this draft and I hope I can participate in future ones. I'd love to try a completely different approach and see the outcome.

Great work Pwn. And to everyone else, researching a team is pretty exhausting but fun.

Have you done previous drafts? (Sorry i don't remember you).

I'm asking because when looking over your team my reaction was 'holy crap i don't know this guy but he's put together an impressive squad'.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Kudos to ryan callahan for backing it up again. To be brutally honest last time he had the worst team by a longshot. Much improved this time around and really hope he is part of the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad