Official 8th Baseball ATD Discussion Thread III

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
I voted Pit. It was close but I liked their lineup slightly better, and everything else was kind of a wash. It was as close to being a coin flip as possible for me.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I'm surprised too! I actually liked this matchup more than my first round opponent. I tried to grab guys with postseason success but I guess it wasn't enough.

Of course i liked my team better too, haha.

But in terms of post season success, my team is very strong in that regard as well.

All these teams are very close, imo, especially the final 4. I didn't look at the seeding #'s, but just compared teams side by side, and they have been close.

Last edited:

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Thanks for everyone making their votes along the way, it's really what keeps this thing going. Since Darko and I squeaked into the final (trust me the votes were insanely close), I asked Modo if he would be so kind as to take the votes for this round and he graciously agreed.

Please send your votes to Modo, by 7am est on Wednesday, since I'm not sure about folks plans this weekend with Easter and whatnot, figured the extra day might help.

Anyways we had a great group this year, 20 is a strong number and we still have half the teams voting at this point which is much more solid than in years past. I appreciate everyone turning out for this past ATD and hope we see continued enjoyment and participation next year.

Good luck Darko mate.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Good luck Pwn.

And Modo don't forget to fudge the figures in my favour otherwise I'm demanding a refund.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
1. Ozzie Smith
2. Brooks Robinson
3. Cal Ripken
4. Luis Aparicio
5. Pudge Rodriguez
6. Bobby Wallace
7. Bill Dahlen
8. Omar Vizquel
9. Pee Wee Reese
10. Adrian Beltre
11. Gary Carter
12. Jim Sundberg
13. Andruw Jones

There were many wonderful picks during the draft, but my Wrigley's Baker's Dozen Picks of the Draft were:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dark vs Pwn,
it's on,
like Donkey Kong!

Last edited:

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Good luck Wrigley. I hope you are in good health.

I promised to finish this ATD before the season started and dagnabit we did it.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Everyone is abstaining because neither are appealing :)

It's a US Presidential race.

tumblr_lya99vKAAV1qztbgd.jpg

:sarcasm:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Indeed.

12 votes, plus the two finalists and myself, means there are only five negative nellies who decided not to vote in the final round....so far. ;)

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Congrats to darko on winning this year's ATD. This was a tough decision for the finals not only because these were two great teams but also as a Dodgers fan, choosing between the Yankees and the Cardinals is like choosing between death by guillotine or hanged, drawn, and quartered. :sarcasm:

This draft was even more fun the second time and best of luck to your teams this baseball season (unless we have a Giants fan here). See you all back here for the next one

Last edited:

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Indeed. I welcome suggestions for the next one. Such as "Damn it pwn, just list the results don't write game summaries for each playoff game" or "we want free :popcorn: next year" etc.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Congrats, darko. It was a slight upset to me, because I consider Gibson slightly better than even Seaver and Pedro, but that's why we play the games. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad