Speculation: Official 2021-22 Coyotes Roster Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No, probably fairly obvious that he might not reach the potential of that draft pick number but there's plenty of room between NHL star and bust. Many great careers have been in the middle of that.
I agree. He is still young, and the way it looks the Coyotes are being patient with him.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Friendly visit from Switzerland here. How has Moser looked so far this season? Looking at his simple stats it looks quite promosing for a rookie but I have not seen too many Coyotes games and would be grateful for some more insights form you guys.

How has this season been?
What are the plans for him going forward?
What is his realistic ceiling?

Thanks in advance

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Friendly visit from Switzerland here. How has Moser looked so far this season? Looking at his simple stats it looks quite promosing for a rookie but I have not seen too many Coyotes games and would be grateful for some more insights form you guys.

Thanks in advance
Moser has shocked most of us with his play this year. He's very composed on the ice and I think playing with Stralman the whole time has really been a big help to him. You can see the difference a steady pro defenseman makes with a young one comparing Chychrun's play from last year to this year.

If you believe what Craig Morgan says, the organization sees him as untouchable because they know they have something special in him.

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Thanks in advance

He has been fantastic. Looks like a vet out there. Doesn't seem to get frazzled, is always calm and still manages to produce offensively. I'm sure having one of our few vets as a partner has helped but he has still been a revelation.

I see him as a top 4 dman on any team that can handle heavy minutes and play any role the coach needs him too. Can PK and PP. As long as he stays healthy and manages to keep this calm style of play he should be a great asset. Not someone you build a blueline around but he could quietly become a very very good defender.

Reminds me of a poor man's Lindhn

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

When we talk about building a culture, it's about not having assholes like Mike Smith in the locker room.

In his own head, Mike Smith would be Georges Vezina if not for his teammates.

I can't imagine he is saying things like "Hey bud, Point is one of the top guys so I can't imagine how hard it is to defend him, but you have to be more aware of open lanes to him" to those teammates either hahaha.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

Thanks in advance
I hope we draft Lian Bichsel...

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Saw this on Facebook. The thread is about Keller maybe breaking the top ten. But look at this list. How talent starved has this franchise been in AZ? We haven't had a legit star since JR. Holy shit that's bad. More like depressing.
274819667_1552543691791909_5913422830187481689_n.jpg

Reactions: Grimes

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^^although, do you get the sense - because I'm starting to get it - that Keller is really starting to believe he's That Good? 2-time all-star, shot at having only Tkachuk scoring more goals over 1 season for us?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
^^although, do you get the sense - because I'm starting to get it - that Keller is really starting to believe he's That Good? 2-time all-star, shot at having only Tkachuk scoring more goals over 1 season for us?
Not sure. I haven't watched this season. I don't think anything that happens when they are tanking hard has a lot of significance (which is why I think writing off Chychrun is insane). Sure it's great that he's improving but I'll check back when they play a game that means something. I will say this about Keller though. He's more likely to be a late bloomer simply because his body needed to mature more than most. He's looked sixteen for his whole career, not just in his face but his body as well. Smaller players have a better shot these days than the past but he still needed to get a lot stronger. Playing on teams that got pushed around with very little protecting prior to this year didn't help either.

Reactions: PainForShane

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Seems it could be a busy next 4 weeks.

Chychrun, Larsson, Boyd, Kessel.

Don't think anyone else moves beyond those four, and even Larsson is iffy with his injury.

Likely looking at a haul for Chychrun and 3 or 4 picks for the other guys. Like a second, a third, and two fifths.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Seems it could be a busy next 4 weeks.

Chychrun, Larsson, Boyd, Kessel.

Don't think anyone else moves beyond those four, and even Larsson is iffy with his injury.

Likely looking at a haul for Chychrun and 3 or 4 picks for the other guys. Like a second, a third, and two fifths.
We should add a bunch of dumps, too. We offloaded a bunch of contracts for a reason. We don’t have to he retention slots to play middle-man in that way, but we can warehouse dumps to facilitate trades where retention isn’t the solution.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Is it safe to call Hayton a bust?
I mean, he really hasn’t done anything, if we’re being honest. Injuries are a factor, but at some point we need to be real with ourselves. If it looks like a chicken, smells like a chicken and clucks, then what is it….?
Oh yeah, f*** John Chayka, by the way.
No, not even close. This is like Schmaltz all over again. People are enamored with the contract or specifically in this case, his pedigree. If he were a 2nd round draft pick you'd be ecstatic with him. Look at his developmental path and it's evident he's faced a much harder path than most prospects and he's still doing just fine. He was in that in-between land where he's too good for the CHL, but cannot play in the AHL. He had injuries. He's playing center on a team that never has legit centers. Your expectations are ridiculous frankly. He's going to be a part of the team unless he's thrown in to balance a trade, but it's not like he's being sent out to the pasture. Maybe take a second to think up something other than points on the scoreboard to judge a player by before you castigate the guy.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No, not even close. This is like Schmaltz all over again. People are enamored with the contract or specifically in this case, his pedigree. If he were a 2nd round draft pick you'd be ecstatic with him. Look at his developmental path and it's evident he's faced a much harder path than most prospects and he's still doing just fine. He was in that in-between land where he's too good for the CHL, but cannot play in the AHL. He had injuries. He's playing center on a team that never has legit centers. Your expectations are ridiculous frankly. He's going to be a part of the team unless he's thrown in to balance a trade, but it's not like he's being sent out to the pasture. Maybe take a second to think up something other than points on the scoreboard to judge a player by before you castigate the guy.
Let’s trade Chychrun for Lafreniere and stick him on Hayton’s line!

Reactions: Prarievarg

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Is it safe to call Hayton a bust?
I mean, he really hasn’t done anything, if we’re being honest. Injuries are a factor, but at some point we need to be real with ourselves. If it looks like a chicken, smells like a chicken and clucks, then what is it….?
Oh yeah, f*** John Chayka, by the way.
The very notion anyone could even suggest he’s a bust is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia