Speculation: Official 2021-22 Coyotes Roster Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Thinking that the Hutton trade was part of the Ritchie trade…

In any case, I am curious to see what Ritchie provides with more ice time. He wasn’t great in Boston but still put in 15 goals

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
BA on the radio with Bickley and Marotta today @ 9:30am. Assuming it's on 98.7 fm.

Pretty short interview.

Excited to play at ASU
He spent most of his career in 5,000 seat arenas and you can create an exciting environment.
It may present challenges in attracting talent
Weather is a selling point
If you build a good team, talented players want to play with talented players
Chychrun struggles this season: defenseman reach their prime around 28; Erik Johnson and Pietrangelo had their struggles.
Why did prior rebuild attempts fail: thinking you are better than you really are; if you get a Crosby, Malkin, Fleury you can turn it around in 4 years, but under normal circumstances it's going to take 6-7 years
Make no mistake we celebrate every victory
Laughed out loud at when Veggie and Wedgie was mentioned.

Last edited:

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Thinking that the Hutton trade was part of the Ritchie trade…

In any case, I am curious to see what Ritchie provides with more ice time. He wasn’t great in Boston but still put in 15 goals
I'm thinking that this is a prelude to a Mrazek trade in the off-season after Wedgewood gets his last pay check from his current contract and it clears money to re-sign Campbell

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm thinking that this is a prelude to a Mrazek trade in the off-season after Wedgewood gets his last pay check from his current contract and it clears money to re-sign Campbell
Billington may also be in play if Blues decide to tie wagon to Husso.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Glad they have the stipulation the Coyotes get an additional draft pick if he plays at least one game next season? Was afraid we'd lost a potential trading chip at the TDL.

:popcorn:
Per CapFriendly...

***Conditions: The pick is not transferred to Arizona if Ladd:
1. Plays in any professional games in 2022-23 while under his current contract, or
2. Retires prior to the conclusion of the 2022-23 regular season

My interpretation is that we don't get the 3rd if Ladd
1. Plays for his contract or
2. Retires

Therefore we do get the 3rd if he spends the entire year on IR or if we buy out his contract.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Per CapFriendly...

***Conditions: The pick is not transferred to Arizona if Ladd:
1. Plays in any professional games in 2022-23 while under his current contract, or
2. Retires prior to the conclusion of the 2022-23 regular season

My interpretation is that we don't get the 3rd if Ladd
1. Plays for his contract or
2. Retires

Therefore we do get the 3rd if he spends the entire year on IR or if we buy out his contract.
We've been down that road. The incentive is to ensure he plays rather than retire and cost the Islanders a Cap Recapture Penalty. All writing on the trade says this except capfriendly.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
The source linked in Wikipedia was what was initially reported. We clarified the actual conditions a few days later (attached tweet)

Per CapFriendly on the main board in the Ritchie/Lyubushkin trade thread. They cleared up the conditions on the Ladd pick.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Billington may also be in play if Blues decide to tie wagon to Husso.

Yeah have a feeling that a goalie dump will be one of the most demanded trades this offseason. Seems like several goalies are getting out played by their backups and a lot of contenders are rolling with B-level tenders. I think this is the position we see the most movement in this offseason.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I bet Ladd joins hockey ops at some point. Player development or pro scouting.
He would be good in a development role. Ladd in his prime was the kind of player every team could’ve used, and he could use that knowledge to help a lot of kids along.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
BA on the radio with Bickley and Marotta today @ 9:30am. Assuming it's on 98.7 fm.

Pretty short interview.

Excited to play at ASU
He spent most of his career in 5,000 seat arenas and you can create an exciting environment.
It may present challenges in attracting talent
Weather is a selling point
If you build a good team, talented players want to play with talented players
Chychrun struggles this season: defenseman reach their prime around 28; Erik Johnson and Pietrangelo had their struggles.
Why did prior rebuild attempts fail: thinking you are better than you really are; if you get a Crosby, Malkin, Fleury you can turn it around in 4 years, but under normal circumstances it's going to take 6-7 years
Make no mistake we celebrate every victory
Laughed out loud at when Veggie and Wedgie was mentioned.

Here's a lot of the interview....
Interest in Coyotes D Jakob Chychrun via trade remains strong, admits GM

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like this prospect. Speedy defensemen always peak my interest. Check out number 5 (white jersey) in the video below. McDavid speed burst to get back and break up an odd man rush

McDavid speed burst?:laugh: Now that is funny. Good speed though. That was a very good trade by BA.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
McDavid speed burst?:laugh: Now that is funny. Good speed though. That was a very good trade by BA.

I mean, look at his speed compared to the two players already behind him with nothing but space in front of them. I would say that’s McDavid-esque straight line speed. A lot of players in our league have close to the same speed as McDavid, McDavid’s just better in traffic than anyone else. Just look at the fastest skating competition

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I mean, look at his speed compared to the two players already behind him with nothing but space in front of them. I would say that’s McDavid-esque straight line speed. A lot of players in our league have close to the same speed as McDavid, McDavid’s just better in traffic than anyone else. Just look at the fastest skating competition
Very few has McDavid's speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad