Speculation: Official 2021-22 Coyotes Roster Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I mean, look at his speed compared to the two players already behind him with nothing but space in front of them. I would say that’s McDavid-esque straight line speed. A lot of players in our league have close to the same speed as McDavid, McDavid’s just better in traffic than anyone else. Just look at the fastest skating competition[/QUOTE
Funny guy. McDavidovich.

Reactions: RABBIT

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Army keeps talking about creating assets so no way do I see "culture guys" like Boyd and Larsson sticking around when picks can be had.
I also think he will be taking on some bad contracts with picks attached again, a la Stralman/Ghost/Ladd

Edit: @rt and some others- you likely know better than I do… which contenders need to add pieces at the deadline but are handcuffed by bad contract(s)?

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
Craig's article yesterday reviews who could move and who is staying. Per Craig, the following are untouchable:

Vejmelka
Keller
Crouse
Gostisbehere
Schmaltz (more due to his salary)
Moser

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
Craig's article yesterday reviews who could move and who is staying. Per Craig, the following are untouchable:

Vejmelka
Keller
Crouse
Gostisbehere
Moser

I know people talk about Gostisbehere being trade bait next year, but I honestly can see them extending him. Even more so if they do trade Chychrun. I think his emergence this year is why they are even entertaining these Chychrun trade conversations.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Vejmelka
Keller
Crouse
Gostisbehere
Moser

Very glad Crouse is on this list. Give the man 3x4m for all I care. He deserves to be rewarded for sticking around and raising his game. It's not like we are going big game hunting in the next offseason or two. We will probably need an arena that is a season away from getting any top name UFAs and otherwise will have a very inexpensive roster outside of cap casualties.

I know people talk about Gostisbehere being trade bait next year, but I honestly can see them extending him. Even more so if they do trade Chychrun. I think his emergence this year is why they are even entertaining these Chychrun trade conversations.

I'd over pay to keep him too, but only if he has any interest in staying, otherwise he will be a great trade chip next TDL.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What do we think fair value and a target team is for these players?
Boyd
Stralman
Kessel
Larsson
Roussel
Wedgewood

I'm not convinced anyone else will be of value. Interesting that Hayton isn't considered untouchable, not surprising but a notable omission

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
BA on Kyper's podcast, credits Tourigny for turning around Keller, Schmaltz, Gostisbehere.

Says the Coyotes will be "very active" toward trade deadline.
The Coyotes should trade most anything of value for picks as long as they're getting a good return. IMO that's how one should approach a rebuild, you place all your emphasis on acquiring draft picks and prospects and you keep at it until you have a solid core, on NHL ice not on paper, and at least 1 from that core needs to be a star player at the C position. Only when you hit that point do you consider pulling out of the rebuild process. Granted that will take 3-4 years but that's how you build not only a contender but one whom contends regularly until the core ages out. Barroway's puppet Chayka did just the opposite, he pulled out of the rebuild with a paper core and in the end didn't have a single PPG winger let alone a star 1C. All pain, no gain. Of course AB wasn't trying to build a contender let alone one that could contend for years on end. He didn't give a f*** about the team or it's future, it was a classic pump and dump.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
What do we think fair value and a target team is for these players?
Boyd - 3-5th rounder, all depends on need
Stralman - 3-5th rounder
Kessel - 2-3rd rounder
Larsson - 3-5th rounder
Roussel - 5-7th rounder
Wedgewood - 3-7th it is all over the board, it's all economics

I'm not convinced anyone else will be of value. Interesting that Hayton isn't considered untouchable, not surprising but a notable omission

see above

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Stralman is worth nothing. He’s too expensive and not very good either. Same with Roussell.

We can get mid round picks for Boyd and Larsson.

Every team has a Wedgewood. No value.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Vejmelka
Keller
Crouse
Gostisbehere
Moser
How does Craig know? BA keeps things close to his vest. Every single player on the Yotes should be available for the right price.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think Mayo has value.
He's a big RHD that can play. Those are always in short supply in the NHL.
I'd probably prefer him on my team vs Bush (who I also like). I think the biggest constraint on his trade value is he hasn't been up long enough to make a name for himself.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Is it safe to call Hayton a bust?
I mean, he really hasn’t done anything, if we’re being honest. Injuries are a factor, but at some point we need to be real with ourselves. If it looks like a chicken, smells like a chicken and clucks, then what is it….?
Oh yeah, f*** John Chayka, by the way.

Reactions: 0point1

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I mean, he really hasn’t done anything, if we’re being honest. Injuries are a factor, but at some point we need to be real with ourselves. If it looks like a chicken, smells like a chicken and clucks, then what is it….?
No, probably fairly obvious that he might not reach the potential of that draft pick number but there's plenty of room between NHL star and bust. Many great careers have been in the middle of that.

Reactions: LosPollosHermanos

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

No, probably fairly obvious that he might not reach the potential of that draft pick number but there's plenty of room between NHL star and bust. Many great careers have been in the middle of that.
Thinking of former Coyotes, maybe he’s going to be a bit like Eric Belanger. Not too big, not too small. Not too tough, not too soft. Boring, solid, quiet, heady player that will get you 35-40 points like clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad