Official 2019 World Junior Championship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I thought Vilardi would have been a good pick but he's really struggling to get over his back injuries.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Anyone know what Vilardis back injuries stem from? Odd injury for a teenager.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Is Frost even playing?

Yes. I saw most of the game. He played LW, with Hayton at C and Studnicka at RW. Also, on PP2, which didn't get much time. From what I recall, he set up Hayton twice and a Dman (Bouchard maybe?) once for quality scoring chances. He also had two scoring chances denied on his own shots. I recall a nice zone exit pass as well. He did fine.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Nashville have allowed Tolvanen to play in the WJC. That's a pretty nice late addition for them.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yes. I saw most of the game. He played LW, with Hayton at C and Studnicka at RW. Also, on PP2, which didn't get much time. From what I recall, he set up Hayton twice and a Dman (Bouchard maybe?) once for quality scoring chances. He also had two scoring chances denied on his own shots. I recall a nice zone exit pass as well. He did fine.
I had the game on as I was riding the bike and I literally did not see him take a shift until the end of the 2nd period. It had to have been like 25 minutes of real time. He did create a chance on that shift though.

It doesn't look like he's on the PK, where he is great in the OHL. He's on the 2nd PP as a "bumper" while they have 3 RH shots on the perimeter of each PP. And he's on the wing of the 3rd line, centered by a kid that he often centers. :dunno:

Have a feeling this team is going to disappoint.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Imo the Frost-Hayton-Studnicka line was great. Second best behind Tippett-Glass-Comtois.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I had the game on as I was riding the bike and I literally did not see him take a shift until the end of the 2nd period. It had to have been like 25 minutes of real time. He did create a chance on that shift though.

I only missed the first 7 minutes of the 2nd period. Other than that, I saw the whole game. They pretty much seemed to just be rolling 4 lines to me.

And he's on the wing of the 3rd line, centered by a kid that he often centers. :dunno:

Well... Gord compared his one linemate to Patrice Bergeron last night on TV. While Button compared his other linemate to Patrice Bergeron on the draft telecast. How's he supposed to compete with that for center time? :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad