Official 2019 World Junior Championship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Jay O'Brien also named to Team USA's preliminary roster. Will be interesting to see if he makes final roster - as he may still not be 100% coming off injuries he's had this college season. I'm sure added to the roster for now, with the hopes that he will be healthy by then.

2019 WJC | U.S. Roster

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If you're a Flyers prospect, you need to average 3.00 PPG instead of 2.00 PPG to be a lock, apparently.
Or play well against your top peers.

What is wrong with wanting Frost to actually play well against the top guys...not just when talent is watered down?

Reactions: Larry44

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm scared to see how good he looks considering Hextall took JOB & Ginning instead of him & a 2nd round forward.

Now you know how i feel every time David Pastarnak plays but instead i have to watch Travis sanheim, a dman that has half as many points as Robert Hagg. So if you are going to bitch about any hexy's draft picks make it that one, instead of 2 guys who have yet to half a season of hockey in their post draft year.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Now you know how i feel every time David Pastarnak plays but instead i have to watch Travis sanheim, a dman that has half as many points as Robert Hagg. So if you are going to ***** about any hexy's draft picks make it that one, instead of 2 guys who have yet to half a season of hockey in their post draft year.
HAHAHAHAHA doesnt look like Hexys finest moment right now.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
how about you put it in context. If its fair to judge JOB and Ginning now is it fair to judge Sanheim, a player in his 5th year with the organization?
You can judge whoever you want. I just find it funny you get defensive when people who “have never seen him play” express skepticism.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
You can judge whoever you want. I just find it funny you get defensive when people who “have never seen him play” express skepticism.

I am sure Curu has seem them play just i did, so i don't know what you're getting at here, why don't you elaborate on this sense of humor of yours.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Or play well against your top peers.

What is wrong with wanting Frost to actually play well against the top guys...not just when talent is watered down?

His struggles against "top competition" have been exaggerated. But sure, i'd like to see him dominate. That being said, did every other kid on the team that are considered "locks" dominate in these games that Frost is being maligned for?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
His struggles against "top competition" have been exaggerated. But sure, i'd like to see him dominate. That being said, did every other kid on the team that are considered "locks" dominate in these games that Frost is being maligned for?
No idea 100%. But when you get the chance to play in front of a new coach, and you play poorly....then have that coach mention you as someone who needs to be better...than play poorly again...you can see why he is not a lock.

They just want "OHL Frost" to show up at the camp and play like that their too. I hope he does...learning from past disappointments.

Reactions: Rebels57

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

You know that quote was made about his post draft hatred when people made judgments about reading his write up. Since then we have been able to see him play in the summer showcase.

Is this an example of your sense of humor? Purposely misinterpreting quotes?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No idea 100%. But when you get the chance to play in front of a new coach, and you play poorly....then have that coach mention you as someone who needs to be better...than play poorly again...you can see why he is not a lock.

They just want "OHL Frost" to show up at the camp and play like that their too. I hope he does...learning from past disappointments.

Nothing gets a young player in the right head space to play their game like being called out publicly after your 1st game with a new coach and group of players. Maybe he should have tried building up his confidence instead of putting pressure on him via the media. We've seen the same bullshit from Hak backfire with multiple young players.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nothing gets a young player in the right head space to play their game like being called out publicly after your 1st game with a new coach and group of players. Maybe he should have tried building up his confidence instead of putting pressure on him via the media. We've seen the same bull**** from Hak backfire with multiple young players.
Everyone responds differently. But Frost has the chance to erase all doubt because we all know he has the talent to be a top guy for Canada.

But it's on him to show it now. Grab that brass ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad