Official 2019 World Junior Championship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
You know that quote was made about his post draft hatred when people made judgments about reading his write up. Since then we have been able to see him play in the summer showcase.

Is this an example of your sense of humor? Purposely misinterpreting quotes?
So you really think no one saw him play before he got drafted?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
So you really think no one saw him play before he got drafted?

Before we get off topic with a discussion on literal and figurative interpretation, how about we bring it back to the heart of the issue.

If 1 chooses to criticize 2 players in the infancy of their post draft year because other prospect are performing at a higher level that were selected after them , that is ok by your standards.

And by your standards a player who is in his 5th year with the organization who has not impacted the game at a high level is left uncriticized when a player drafted after him ( and was ranked ahead of sanheim by every major scouting report out there sans Button) would be our 2nd best player

That is not " Everyone has the right to Judge a player"

That is Bias.

Some people on here are more concerned about their opinions being right than flyers prospects being successful. This type of Bias is a great indicator of such belief systems.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That is not " Everyone has the right to Judge a player"

That is Bias.

Some people on here are more concerned about their opinions being right than flyers prospects being successful. This type of Bias is a great indicator of such belief systems.

tenor.gif

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
No idea 100%. But when you get the chance to play in front of a new coach, and you play poorly....then have that coach mention you as someone who needs to be better...than play poorly again...you can see why he is not a lock.

They just want "OHL Frost" to show up at the camp and play like that their too. I hope he does...learning from past disappointments.
Was it a new coach? I thought his junior team coach was on the staff in the summer. Swore I read that here. I am probably. Wrong. I do agree we and the coaches want to see ohl frost. But he wasn’t played that way. I don’t know why. I know he didn’t look his best. But he wasn’t in anyway used the same way.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Frost will play... most likely in a B6 role. It’s hard because players like: Hayton, Suzuki, Glass are all Natural C and most see their upside being greater than that of Frost. There are also other Cs like Foudy, Dellandrea, Bowers, Veleno, and Vilardi.

That’s a really deep list. Lafrenière will make the team as the second 17 year old (McDavid) as a winger. Veleno can also switch to wing and not be far off from normal play. Can Frost? That’s the main question.

Ratcliffe may find a role- I don’t think he makes the final cut for the lineup.

—————————

One of the players I will have my eye on:

Trevor Zegras—> USA.

I hope, other than Dylan Cozens, that he’s a realistic draft choice given current conditions.

I really like his play. Kid could be a stud.

—————————

Of course I will watch all flyers prospects.

I hope St. Ivany finds a role, but I doubt it.

I will really watch Farabee, O’Brien, and Zegras from team USA.

From Sweden I want to see the “defensive greatness” of Ginning that Hextall loved.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Cozens & Zegras won’t be there. Neither were named to Canada’s & USA’s camp rosters.

Jack Hughes is the only noteworthy undrafted player for USA while Raphael Lavoie & re-entry Brett Leason are for Canada along with Alexis Lafreniere for next year’s draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But at some point, you need to look good against the higher competition and while his new coaches are watching. And so far, Frost has not done that. That's on him.

Yes he has been great in the OHL, but every chance he has had to impress when the lesser players get weeded out and it's just the best guys left, he has disappeared.

He gets another chance at training camp and he better step up because he should not be a lock. He needs to prove he can look good against the best of his peers. Others have already done that in front of the coach so have the edge. It's up to him to leave no doubt that he can be a difference maker.

We shall see.

Let's put this in perspective, he's had a great D+1 season, a good but not great playoff (did he hit the wall at 90+ games?).
This year he's having an even better D+2 season.

I'd like to see him shine in the WJC, but I don't think it tells us whether he'll be a great NHL player.
My suspicion is that it's more important for him to take a step up in the playoffs, and then maybe join the Phantoms and show even more in the AHL playoffs, than dominate the WJC.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Frost "struggling" against higher competition would be a bigger deal if it wasn't for the context of those "struggles".

At the end of a long breakout season

In the summer when nobody is in their normal shape

Scrambled preseason scrimmages

All strange circumstances and small sample sizes. Nothing even slightly worrisome.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Frost "struggling" against higher competition would be a bigger deal if it wasn't for the context of those "struggles".

At the end of a long breakout season

In the summer when nobody is in their normal shape

Scrambled preseason scrimmages

All strange circumstances and small sample sizes. Nothing even slightly worrisome.
Everyone else had those same circumstances.

It's not wrong to want Frost to step up when things get tougher. He just has yet to do it. Hopefully he shines in camp and at the tourney.

Having the next Briere sure would be nice.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Everyone else had those same circumstances.

It's not wrong to want Frost to step up when things get tougher. He just has yet to do it. Hopefully he shines in camp and at the tourney.

Having the next Briere sure would be nice.
Right but my point is it’s all flukey, not that everyone should have been bad together.

We see it during preseason all the time, top players doing nothing and AHL scrubs looking like stars. Small sample sizes are just too random to judge from.

I’m not saying I don’t want him to do better, ideally he scores 100 points in those handful of games, I’m just saying it shouldn’t be a red flag. It’s just not enough to cause real concern.

Reactions: Adtar02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad