Official 2019 World Championship Thread

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I'm hoping that Provy for once doesn't do the Rocky 4 workout and instead spends his summer with a psychotherapist, who will tell him:

"Stay within yourself. You shouldn't have to feel like you have to do everything. Even Carl Jung didn't rush up ice every shift - he let his linemate take care of some things."

“It’s not your fault...”

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I don’t know man, JJ strikes me as the kind of guy who has no idea how to use a computer.

But yeah, its crazy how many hardcore Hagg fans there are. Blows my mind that these people can’t see how bad he is.

It’s crazy how much people can better themselves for love.

Nah, I’m kidding. That moron probably watched Sneakers 50 times before breaking and asking for Mr. Anderson’s help

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

Wish they'd make this a U-23 tournament.

For a lot of the older guys there isn't much upside, and a real chance of injury.

I'll be interested to see Kakko play for Finland, and Dreger recently said that Jack Hughes was "likely" to play in Slovakia, too. If so, that will make for some interesting draft comparisons.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Wish they'd make this a U-23 tournament.

For a lot of the older guys there isn't much upside, and a real chance of injury.

I'll be interested to see Kakko play for Finland, and Dreger recently said that Jack Hughes was "likely" to play in Slovakia, too. If so, that will make for some interesting draft comparisons.

I mean they don’t have to go. It’s not considered a best on best. So Canadians & Americans are more willing to pass on it. The Euro’s take it more serious. It is what it is but I don’t mind it.

Reactions: Foggy14

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah for those that don't know, Stone and Tavares added to Team Canada.

Hart, Murray and Blackwood for goalies.

They'll ride Murray, because Penguins.

Or

Hart will allow one bad goal and get replaced by Blackwood and never get another start, because Flyers.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Canada seemed to have a rough go this year with participation. They obviously have the deepest pool of players so they can still ice a good roster with moving down their list.

They added Tavares, Stone, & Marchassault from the playoff teams pool of players. So they at least got that but their initial pool of players from non-playoff teams isn’t as impressive.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Lindblom will play his first exhibition game for Sweden tomorrow before the real thing starts. He will play on a line with Kempe and Wedin. Wedin is likely not going to make the final roster Sweden are going to be joined by Hörnqvist and Nylander. When that happens he will most likely be centered by Lindholm, Nylander or Pettersson and Hörnqvist, Bratt, Nylander or Lindholm (whichever doesn’t center) on the other wing.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Also, I forgot. Hägg is expected to be paired up with Erik Gustafsson tomorrow. He most likely wont be when the worlds start since Ekholm hasn’t joined the team yet. If he’s as bad as you guys say though I’d expect him to suck so bad that he somehow plays his way out of the top six and Grönborg invites Rasmus Andersson instead.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Lindblom will play his first exhibition game for Sweden tomorrow before the real thing starts. He will play on a line with Kempe and Wedin. Wedin is likely not going to make the final roster Sweden are going to be joined by Hörnqvist and Nylander. When that happens he will most likely be centered by Lindholm, Nylander or Pettersson and Hörnqvist, Bratt, Nylander or Lindholm (whichever doesn’t center) on the other wing.

I guess Lindblom - Kempe - Nylander ...

they played together since maybe 15 for the national team.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I guess Lindblom - Kempe - Nylander ...

they played together since maybe 15 for the national team.
Could be good, I kinda want Kempe to have a bigger role he looks like a talented guy that just hasn’t put it all together yet. But I want Nylander to play center on that line.

Reactions: Appleyard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad