Official 2019 World Championship Thread

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Figured I’d start this with season coming to an end & the rosters should start taking shape soon.

Canada:
- Claude Giroux
- Sean Couturier
- Travis Konecny (RFA)
- Travis Sanheim (RFA)
- Nolan Patrick
- Carter Hart

United States:
- Shayne Gostisbehere
- James van Riemsdyk
- Ryan Hartman (RFA)

Sweden:
- Oskar Lindblom
- Robert Hagg

Russia:
- Ivan Provorov (RFA)

Czech Republic:
- Jakub Voracek
- Radko Gudas

Austria:
- Michael Raffl

That’s probably our realistic pool of candidates. Some don’t have contracts for next year so that could effect their availability. Perhaps some younger guys like Farabee (USA) &/or Ersson (Sweden) could grab some extra roles.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Will he put Hak on the staff again or will he be coaching for Sweden?

I hope he does. Hextall put Hakstol on a staff with Gallant and Cooper to learn something.

Did you learn anything, Dave?

BikX.gif

Second time's the charm.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I wonder if Giroux will skip it because his wife is pregnant.

He very well could along with those guys who don’t have contracts next year. I just roughly listed guys I think that would be under consideration by their countries at worst. Most of them should get offers. Whether they accept them or not is another question for whatever reasons.

Like it wouldn’t shock me one bit if all the Americans I have listed said no.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He very well could along with those guys who don’t have contracts next year. I just roughly listed guys I think that would be under consideration by their countries at worst. Most of them should get offers. Whether they accept them or not is another question for whatever reasons.

Like it wouldn’t shock me one bit if all the Americans I have listed said no.
Oh yeah, I understand why you listed everyone eligible, even if some won't go. It was the smart move just so we can see all options.

It's just that I remembered he was expecting a kid in a few months and wondered if it would stop him or if it's still far enough away that he'd go.

I'll admit, I'm always kinda hoping our guys don't go because I couldn't care less about that tournament and I'm always scared there'll be some fluke injury. After all these wasted years of misery, just imagine the team being screwed by a key injury to someone like Couts/G/Ghost/Sanheim/Hart/etc...

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Will he put Hak on the staff again or will he be coaching for Sweden?

Ghost seems to be on US's **** list. Can't believe he hasn't played in one by now.
after hak stabbed him in the back, trying to save his job. i doubt he invites him again.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Hart is only one I hope goes.

G and Couts should rest, RFA s wont go, i don’t care about the others.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Curious to see who goes for the US this year. They still struggle to get top veteran guys but with their depth getting better they’ve been bringing rosters as we’ve moved on this decade.

So far they got this:
- F James van Riemsdyk
- F Chris Kreider
- F Adam Gaudette
- F Frank Vatrano
- D Brady Skjei
- D Quinn Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->