Official 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooblus Dooizfour

Nov 5, 2016
After watching the game last night and knowing the Flyers will go on an incredible win streak that greatly reduces their chances of a top pick, I wonder about Arthur Kaliyev.

I am basing this off a very small sample size so I’m hoping someone with more views might chime in. The kid has a wicked shot!

Reactions: wufuhimself

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Wish there was more (free) video on Turcotte. Only seen his highlights from this year but hes a very intriguing pick. Almost no doubt he would be high on a Hextall board.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It'll be interesting if the Flyers don't get a top 3 pick, they really don't need another player who'll be 2-3 years away given what they have in the system, so the pick might be up for grabs or they could consider moving back and getting a haul.

Is anyone outside the top 3 a NHL ready RW who can start in the top 9 in 2019 or 2020-21 at the latest? Cozens?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Flyers still among the celler dwellers yet we've seen a better looking product of late and promising strides from Hart and Patrick. I can live with this playing out until season's end so we can get a top 5 pick and a chance at Hughes and Kakko. Screw Meltzer and his reasoning. He should look at how the Sixers for years were a mediocre team and always screwing up their draft position. It got them nowhere fast. Hockey may be different but I can't see how you can explain away the impact Hughes or Kakko or for that matter..a top 5 pick would have in making the Flyers a legit contender again.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Flyers still among the celler dwellers yet we've seen a better looking product of late and promising strides from Hart and Patrick. I can live with this playing out until season's end so we can get a top 5 pick and a chance at Hughes and Kakko. Screw Meltzer and his reasoning. He should look at how the Sixers for years were a mediocre team and always screwing up their draft position. It got them nowhere fast. Hockey may be different but I can't see how you can explain away the impact Hughes or Kakko or for that matter..a top 5 pick would have in making the Flyers a legit contender again.
If we play .500 hockey the rest of the way we will probably be picking 8-10 and need to win the lotto. Can't play Hart too much. How is Nuevy feeling?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Is there any conceivable way we wind up with three first round draft picks? Assuming we finish out in the bottom five, I'd be psyched on any of the top guys, but then if we could add two more there are three other guys I really want as well. Moritz Seider and Victor Soderstrom (any relation to Tommy Soderstrom?) as RHD are two guys I like. And I also think that the littlest hockey player Cole Caufield could be a good pick toward the end of the first, like a DeBrincat kind of player. If they could come away with Hughes, Seider/Soderstrom, and Caufield, I would be a happy camper.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I would preface that last post by saying I have only seen and read limited stuff about them, but from what I have read or seen I like a lot.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Is there any conceivable way we wind up with three first round draft picks? Assuming we finish out in the bottom five, I'd be psyched on any of the top guys, but then if we could add two more there are three other guys I really want as well. Moritz Seider and Victor Soderstrom (any relation to Tommy Soderstrom?) as RHD are two guys I like. And I also think that the littlest hockey player Cole Caufield could be a good pick toward the end of the first, like a DeBrincat kind of player. If they could come away with Hughes, Seider/Soderstrom, and Caufield, I would be a happy camper.
mc8tm5i2e2u01.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

ANYBODY ELSE BE HAPPY IF WE GOT PODKOLZIN??

Absolutely but I really don’t know what I’m talking about. Does seem like the top 3 is the place to be. Hughes being a center and the next two wingers. We are set with

Couts
Patrick
Frost

For the next decade so Hughes is a plus but maybe a winger is more ok with our team than others. They seem like game breaker elite level guys. Just try and keep the odds as good as possible for top 3. Then still get a 1st for Simmonds.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm torn between Caufield and Pelletier if we somehow manage to snag a second 1st round pick.
I am usually not a fan of the lil guys especially in the first round, but I was really a big fan of DeBrincat and he turned out fine in Chicago so I'm all on in on Caufield later on in the first if we get a second pick. Because I like him it probably means he will never play a day in the NHL if he gets drafted by the Flyers.

Reactions: Chinatown88

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We'll need luck to get into the top 3 with Hart playing well.
We're in 7 points of the 12th slot, 8 points from 15th, and can easily make up that space if we keep playing well. Remember, we're chasing bad teams.
So 10th-12th is probably more realistic than the top 3, unless we win the lottery again.

At that point do we even want to draft, or trade the pick?
Or trade down b/c we have so many picks who are only a couple years away (i.e. go for quantity of projects rather than a player who can help in 3 years with limited upside).

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
We'll need luck to get into the top 3 with Hart playing well.
We're in 7 points of the 12th slot, 8 points from 15th, and can easily make up that space if we keep playing well. Remember, we're chasing bad teams.
So 10th-12th is probably more realistic than the top 3, unless we win the lottery again.

At that point do we even want to draft, or trade the pick?
Or trade down b/c we have so many picks who are only a couple years away (i.e. go for quantity of projects rather than a player who can help in 3 years with limited upside).
If we are outside of the top ten I am almost always in favor of trading back for additional picks unless someone falls or there is just someone there that is perfect. IDK where a guy like Seider, Caufield, or Soderstrom are supposed to go, but if they are all on the board I would trade back a few spots and take whichever is left. If not I would take one of those three. I'm all in on Lose for Hughes, but I am also all in on having Hart play a big role in finishing the season strong even if it means a worse draft pick and no playoffs. Both are fine with me. What I don't want is Hart to be benched or hurt or sent down and have Elliot or Neuvirth get hot and still not make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad