Official 2015 tank thread III: Edmonton won!! I repeat, Edmonton won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I get that but its not like it means anything long term for them. I thought the entire point of the anger/rage over us winning is missing out on McEichel. There is no such parallel to Colorado's season last year.

Maybe not. I mean, the argument that were not as good as our records looks belongs somewhere tho.

And it does happen to suck more to have an aberrational good streak/year when there's so much more on the line then usual.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Fair enough. Just seems like a meaningless utterance born of anger/frustration but has little to no relevance.

Well, if you believed that were as good as our possession numbers, we'd be losing a generational talent we'd otherwise have on account of ill timed luck. So there's that.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Well, if you believed that were as good as our possession numbers, we'd be losing a generational talent we'd otherwise have on account of ill timed luck. So there's that.

Again I understand that lament but what does that have to do with Colorado? I mean if we are supposed to remember Colorado with trepidation. Shouldn't there be an actual parallel to them missing out on a generational talent?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Again I understand that lament but what does that have to do with Colorado? I mean if we are supposed to remember Colorado with trepidation. Shouldn't there be an actual parallel to them missing out on a generational talent?

Yeah, that would make it an airtight comparison, but that's obviously not what it's being offered for. He's just saying don't be fooled into thinking were too good for a top pick because performance doesn't always revert to the the mean quickly.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Reinhart :naughty:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yeah, that would make it an airtight comparison, but that's obviously not what it's being offered for. He's just saying don't be fooled into thinking were too good for a top pick because performance doesn't always revert to the the mean quickly.

I really hope thats not why he is offering it because that would be absurd. :laugh:

and that still has no relevance to Colorado :laugh:

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I really hope thats not why he is offering it because that would be absurd. :laugh:

and that still has no relevance to Colorado :laugh:

You're missing the point. I'm comparing the seasons they had/are having. Colorado had a crazy season that did not equal out with what their stats said they should have been last year, and now are showing themselves to be that average-below average team. The fact that they had that type of season last year when there was no generational talent to miss out on is great luck for them. The fact that Buffalo is currently having a season where their record does not match up to their stats with a McDavid and Eichel is "Buffalo luck."

So say we have a "good" record wise year, maybe sneak into the playoffs, maybe end up with the 8-12 pick. What I'm saying is that Buffalo will most likely revert back to how their stats say they are next year and end up near the bottom, a la how Colorado is doing now. Again, the fact that Colorado had their strange season with no generational talent is great luck for them. The fact Buffalo is having this happen to them now with McDavid and Eichel on the line is just stupid Buffalo.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
You're missing the point. I'm comparing the seasons they had/are having. Colorado had a crazy season that did not equal out with what their stats said they should have been last year, and now are showing themselves to be that average-below average team. The fact that they had that type of season last year when there was no generational talent to miss out on is great luck for them. The fact that Buffalo is currently having a season where their record does not match up to their stats with a McDavid and Eichel is "Buffalo luck"

I think he gets it 100% and just is choosing to call it an illegitimate observation or something. might as well move on. I get the point and appreciate it, fwiw.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
l_106e9a17.jpg

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I think it is it and I have to say I'm thoroughly disappointed that Murray is sitting pat.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
God I feel so good.

My Grandkid is going to ask where I was when Brian Flynn tied the game with 3 minutes left and Matt Moulson won it in a shootout back in that historic run to 23rd place back in 2014

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
This is pretty much going to be the defining thing Murray does for me until he proves we don't need to tank to win a cup. I've spent to many years watching the storyline be "how will the plucky sabres contain one of the best players in the game?" This was our one chance in a generation to get one without relying on blind luck.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
God I feel so good.

My Grandkid is going to ask where I was when Brian Flynn tied the game with 3 minutes left and Matt Moulson won it in a shootout back in that historic run to 23rd place back in 2014

hahaha

we are officially better than Dallas, Philadelphia, and Colorado..

HOW

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I've gone through the denial, the anger, and the bargaining, at this point, it's just so ****ing disheartening that we have blown our 100% shot at a generational talent like McDavid and Eichel. Now, we're going to have to hope our minuscule percent chance of winning the lottery happens, cause this ****ing team is finished.

I hope all these losers enjoy this now, cause we're gonna be back in the basement next year and have to look at how McDavid and Eichel are shining with their teams. Seriously, **** this team and their "we believe, we compete" bs.

And for all that we have praised Murray, I am a little disappointed he hasn't done more here. He should have dealt Enroth at the beginning of this stretch. Hackett is already practicing. But for him to just sit on his hands as this crap happens, :shakehead

But frankly, he should've just canned Nolan before this season. I don't know how the idiot does it (and he is truly an idiot), he's gotten more out of **** teams than most. Latvia, Sabres of old, NYI, even the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
The Greyhounds season of 1990–91 marked an incredible turnaround from seventh place the season before, to finishing first place and winning the Emms division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad