Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I want a dynamic, high offensive upside winger in the 1st.

This team needs more skill and speed on the outside.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Eichel finished with 5 assists.

Also interesting note but he was talked about here around the end of last year as a possible college UFA but Ahti Oksanen coverted from defense to forward he was beneficiary of 4 out of those 5 assists from Eichel.

JHG

Jan 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Eichel finished with 5 assists.

Also interesting note but he was talked about here around the end of last year as a possible college UFA but Ahti Oksanen coverted from defense to forward he was beneficiary of 4 out of those 5 assists from Eichel.

As a BU alum of sorts, I would love to see some Terriers on the O&B, especially Eichel.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Jack Eichel is a better player than Mcdavid and will be a better NHL player than Mcdavid. Book it. If I was the GM with the #1 overall pick next year, you can bet your boots you'd hear me call Jack Eichels name.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I want a dynamic, high offensive upside winger in the 1st.

This team needs more skill and speed on the outside.

I'm with you on this one. We are set at Center for a long time, but after Voracek we don't have a dynamic winger that can blow past a defensemen inside or outside and bury one. If Schenn doesn't fit with G and Snake this season than I wouldn't mind to see us target a power-forward that can score instead.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Without looking at his last one I would say Sprong is a notable riser while Barzal is a notable faller. I know he had Barzal #4 in the last one which didn't sit well with some.

Nah he had Kylington at #4. Barzal at 8. Werenski made the jump from 24 to 11.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I agree with everyone that our focus should be primarily looking for a dynamic, goal scoring winger. In particular, a left wing would be very much preferable. If that person doesn't exist, or is a reach where we pick, a RHD would be my second choice. Here are the RHD's he has listed:

14- Jeremy Roy, QMJHL
22- Matthew Spencer, OHL
26- Nicolas Meloche, QMJHL
33- Ethan Bear, WHL
43- Erik Cernak, Slovakia

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think Brandon Carlo with Tri-City in the WHL is this year's big riser for defensemen. It seems like everybodies intrigued by him right now (6'5" 185 lbs. right handed shot) but not enough to put him on their lists just yet.

He was a surprise pick for Team USA's summer camp this year to begin with then made it all the way through the camp without getting cut.

Last edited:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I agree with everyone that our focus should be primarily looking for a dynamic, goal scoring winger. In particular, a left wing would be very much preferable. If that person doesn't exist, or is a reach where we pick, a RHD would be my second choice. Here are the RHD's he has listed:

14- Jeremy Roy, QMJHL
22- Matthew Spencer, OHL
26- Nicolas Meloche, QMJHL
33- Ethan Bear, WHL
43- Erik Cernak, Slovakia
Jeremy Roy would be awesome too. RHD and he has a great offensive upside to his game. Better prospect than Sanheim.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Jeremy Roy would be awesome too. RHD and he has a great offensive upside to his game. Better prospect than Sanheim.

well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gif-the-dude-lebowski.gif

I've only seen Roy yesterday vs Rimouski the 1 period that I watched. So I'm not much of a judge yet. But I love Sanheim a ton and think his upside is massive. Roy seems like an early bloomer with little room to put on height/weight. I'm sure he's an exceptional talent, though. He's been hyped for a long time.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Eichel & Hanifin play in their first real games tonight. BU plays UMass & BC plays Massachusetts-Lowell, unfortunately neither will be on national tv though.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Eichel scores 2 goals & 2 assists in his first official NCAA game (all in the third period).

McDavid having a big night as well & seems to be answering his critics when it comes to goal scoring with 7 goals in 5 games (2 of them tonight with a period to still go).

Last edited:

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Would it be really so bad to have more injuries for us? :sarcasm:

The Flyers are bad but not bottom 2 bad. I think Carolina and Buffalo have those spots. The best they can hope for is Hanifin drops because forwards, especially centers, are typically overvalued at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany