GDT: Official-2013 World Juniors Thread - STARTS TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Consistent or not I cat stand this sort of officiating. One team will always benefit from these calls over the other. Timely man advantages throw the balance of the game off regardless of make-up calls. Unfortunately as a squad Canada will HAVE to adjust to this or be burned by a cheeky Euro squad who thrives under these soft measures.

The Subban Swiss cheese party has started already.

if its consistent then canada can focus on playing the moe entertaining skill game instead of the usual structured hack and whack 'physical ' style

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Subban had not looked sharp, hopefully one of the goalies can be reliable. RNH is on another level out there, as he should be. I'll be interested in seeing how yakupov plays, he might destroy this tourney

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
if its consistent then canada can focus on playing the moe entertaining skill game instead of the usual structured hack and whack 'physical ' style

Yeah that's true but it also benefits the European teams are more conditioned to this style of play on their larger ice surfaces.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Expect poor officiating.

Same things the Euro soccer teams complain about in the World Cup. :)

Subban had a subpar camp and a subpar start.

Hope they're not going to regret passing on LB.

Kodiak64

Dec 16, 2010
Edmonton
WEAK goal on subban.
This team needs to gel a bit, evryones trying to do to much individually instead of using their teammates, when they're passing, Canada is carrying the play.
Heres hoping they use these exhibitions to get that out of their system

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
wow Armia ... the kid is good..

Loving how he is owning the '2012's best draft pick' Reilly and 'best prospect not playing in NHL' D.Hamilton ..

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Welp, at least this game will go a long way to getting them to understand what the reffing will be like. Kind of wishing they had more than 1 pre-tourney game left though.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Reffing sucked but it was a really disjointed effort regardless.

Disappointed in RNH taking that slashing penalty in the last minutes. Can't let frustration get the better of you especially when you're in a leadership role.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Interesting call on Harrington. Two minutes for pushing and pressuring along the boards turns into roughing. No contact checking as if this were Atom hockey is the way to play I guess. Even at that you have to be careful you don't get call for hooking with stick-checks. Really the only solution is consistent puck possession. Now only if there was a line other than Nuges that could consistently cycle. Huberdeau will be a nice addition. Rattie was snakebitten today. Hamilton has yet to show me his elite defensive skills...

Laurakainen played a solid game. I've been very impressed by his play on multiple occasions after watching him in the Dub. He is draft eligible after all. May be a worth a flyer on a 3rd to 4th round pick.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
That Subban... Here's hoping that's his worst, and not his best. Because that was not great.

Nuge though. Kid's looking alright. Maybe an NHLer out of him.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
That Subban... Here's hoping that's his worst, and not his best. Because that was not great.

Nuge though. Kid's looking alright. Maybe an NHLer out of him.

He's too small for the NHL. Perhaps if he puts on some weight he might have a shot. :sarcasm:

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Ryan Murphy player of the ga

Was kind of surprised by this selection. Was it because of his Bobby Orr rush attempts that just simply lead to turnovers that earned him notice. He was alright mind you but I don't think he earned himself a player of the game nod personally. Sowed some offensive prowess but ultimately his plays were slightly too selfish an didn't lead to scoring opportunities.

Oct 15, 2008
No sense complaining about the refs.

Just wait until we play the Russians in Russia.

Bad calls or not, Canada played an undisciplined game.

They cant do that and expect to win.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
No sense complaining about the refs.

Just wait until we play the Russians in Russia.

Bad calls or not, Canada played an undisciplined game.

They cant do that and expect to win.

The reffing was particularly brutal today but you're right they need to eliminate all roughing and stick work or they are going to be shorthanded a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad