GDT: Official-2013 World Juniors Thread - STARTS TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Gotta say, I was pretty underwhelmed with Canada's dmen.
Rielly was quiet and Murphy was a turn over machine.
Didn't see too much from Reinhart but he did score a nice goal by jumping in the rush.
First game and exhibition, granted, but I watched the Canadians utterly dominate the Fins last year in the tourny opener.
Canada has a problem with the bigger ice.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
This US team is fast and has very mobile defense too.

Yeah they most definitely do. With Housleys coaching style modelled after his playing style were sure to see an attack first defense with lots of mobility. Damn Coyotes and another stud D-man selection in Connor Murphy.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
really too bad Murray injured, Canada could definitely use him.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Gotta say, I was pretty underwhelmed with Canada's dmen.
Rielly was quiet and Murphy was a turn over machine.
Didn't see too much from Reinhart but he did score a nice goal by jumping in the rush.
First game and exhibition, granted, but I watched the Canadians utterly dominate the Fins last year in the tourny opener.
Canada has a problem with the bigger ice.
Hamilton wasnt much either..

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Hopefully this is a wake up call for Canada. This wasn't even Finlands full roster.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
A "game". Practice is where the team goes onto the ice with the coaching staff and do things together that are designed to help make them better able to play as a team.
:scared:relax...these games are played specifically with "practice" in mind. This team obviously will need time to gel. Scrimmages and pre-tournament games are just as important as coach led practices as far as team work goes. Just sayin :)

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Not a big deal. Pre-tournament hockey has its purpose. It was on display today.

Team Canada was clearly starting from scratch today and they will show gains by the time the next pre-tourmament game is in the books, Im sure.

But again I ask: Whats the point of the selection camp?

Seems like a major undertaking for such marginal results.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
We were missing Huberdeau and they were missing Barkov and Ristolainen. I think they played less of a full line-ip don't you? That is considering the replacement players as well.

also they had a scheduled goalie change when they were down 2 men... doubt there would be a goalie change in the middle of a PK. It seemed like FIN were in tryout mode while Canada was in full swing.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
also they had a scheduled goalie change when they were down 2 men... doubt there would be a goalie change in the middle of a PK. It seemed like FIN were in tryout mode while Canada was in full swing.

Yeah good point. We did lose Ritchie part way through the game which left us a little disabled and forced to juggle lines but it still is no excuse for our inability to adapt to the over zealous zebras. They benefited largely from their goaltending change when their starter was replaced by a much more calm and poised Laurakainen.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
We were missing Huberdeau and they were missing Barkov and Ristolainen. I think they played less of a full line-ip don't you? That is considering the replacement players as well.

Canada also had two 17 year olds dressed. I don't think they plan to do that for the actual tournament

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Hah, Eberle playfully chirped RNH on Twitter for his one assist game and a tonne of people attacked him thinking that he was serious. God, the internet is full of idiots.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
:laugh: I was literally laughing when I saw this. I love Eberle lol

Seriously though as others have said no reason for concern yet the tournament has not even started yet

There's always a concern in net:nod:

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
RNH's pass for his one assist was just sublime.
And FIN's Grandlund had a wicked one-timer on his goal.
That's really all I had noticed other than undisciplined Canadian's =\

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

How did you miss the kid Armia from FIN side.. That guy played like a beast with sick dangles..
Hartikainen+Hemsky Hybrid.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton

I took note of Jarvelainen's goal. It's not every day you see a hobbit on skates:

42 second mark:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad