GDT: Official-2013 World Juniors Thread - STARTS TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
How did you miss the kid Armia from FIN side.. That guy played like a beast with sick dangles..
Hartikainen+Hemsky Hybrid.

Yeah I was really impressed. He dangled Rielly really badly in the third period and laid off a nice pass to a wide open _____ in the slot forcing Subban to make a really good save.

Since we're discussing all the JR's in here, how about that Alex Galchenyuk. He looked like Malkin out there at times.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Boone Jenner ejected from the game after destroying Sweden defender Pettersson with a late hit. Based on the replay I saw Jenner may be facing further discipline.

1-1 end of the second.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Not great. There have been a few moments, but too much special teams again imo.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Canada takes it 2-1 in the shootout.
RNH with one of the shootout goals.
Solid game from Binnington.

Oct 15, 2008
Good opportunity to send Boone Jenner home and replace him with a player that can exercise some discipline.

Make Binnington the starter please.

Krigaren*

Good opportunity to send Boone Jenner home and replace him with a player that can exercise some discipline.

Make Binnington the starter please.

Definitely, but if he isn't suspended he can be used to injure one more player :P

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Who's # 17? I watched a few shifts where he was slamming quite a few Swedish meatballs heavily into the boards. Looked pretty determined...at least near the end of the game.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
If there's going to be this many penalties called, Spott needs to get RNH on the PK.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Nuge looked better on the draws today at least. Not sure if there's stats on it but I think he won at least half.

No need to do it until they've played in the actual tournament but I agree that the top line might need a shake up. Putting Mackinnon up there to fly in on the forcheck and wreak havoc could open up some seams for RNH to exploit. I haven't really liked Scheifele that much besides the pretty play against Finland but I don't want to make too many judgements until a real game is played.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
Today's game for Canada.

There's a gem; check MacKinnon's ice time.

I don't know how Spott can justify only 6 minutes considering he only had 10 forwards. MacKinnon made some really strong plays physically, defensively and offensively; he didn't do anything to warrant sitting so much. Yes, the entire 2nd period was almost entirely spent on the PK but he should have played a lot more in the 3rd.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Spott is a horrible choice for coaching this team. He's going to make us wish we had Stan Butler back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad