Post-Game Talk: Panthers destroy Lightning to move on to the 2nd round!

Will the mods use this as the main board thread?

• No

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Nah

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Never

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
John Cooper crying like a little bitch in the post game presser, accuses Bobrovsky of selling the call and "duping" the refs on their second disallowed goal.

I hate this guy. I get it, successful coach, cups, whatever. But he comes off as the most arrogant coach in the league.

"I will give the goalie credit. He quit on the play. He completely quit, didn't see it, didn't whatever and, then, flailed and there was maybe incidental contact at most. Now, we have to challenge it because they saw the reaction of the goaltender. He duped them and so be it but, now, we have to make that challenge."

f*** off. Nobody "flailed." Bob was literally run into on the play and had no opportunity to make the save.

There it is! We knew it was coming. As soon as they lost I was saying I can’t wait for the cry session from cooper. Then you see him shaking his head coming off the ice. We were like oh it’s already starting! And here, right on cue, every single time. Seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach in any pro sport that whines and complains every time they lose. It’s embarrassing. I understand being frustrated at a call or situation every now and then but it’s every time with this guy. It’s so weird especially for someone with two rings. I can’t imagine any other coach doing this especially so consistently. Torts is a different situation. Cooper just whines and bitches about everything if it doesn’t go his way. Talk about what you couldve done better as a team, or the reason you lost in only 5 games because you were clearly not the better team, but no it’s always someone else’s fault

Last edited:

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
This comment won’t age well. Kinda insults the PWHL

Idiotic take by Cooper… Just admit your team isn’t what it used to be and your opponent was WAY better on paper AND on the ice.

Almost as idiotic as Panthers fans who didn’t saw that Bolts had something like 10% chance of winning this series… I respect them. But they just didn’t have the roster or the cohesiveness this year !

I will admit one thing, and something I ALWAYS thought and will always think… Victor Hedman is the best defenseman in the League by a country-mile. Period. That guy is a beast, a God, whatever you want to call him !

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
In before the big coordinated effort to get Cooper fired over innocuous comment so he can wind up in Toronto.

That’s like 8-D chess from Toronto media… Cooper would look good with those arrogants losers though !!

On the Stamkos topic… This guy is a class-act. "Love" him.

And for as much as he means to the Lightning and defines them… I want to see him get valued and have a great role on a new team !

What about the Habs ??

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
1714457260600.png

1714457321254.png

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Oilers fan coming in peace

Do you guys want Toronto or Boston for 2nd round?

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Cooper is exactly the reason why TB and CAR are on top of my hate list of NHL teams. This constant whining and complaining. He and his coaching staff were wrong twice, he should apologize to his players because he puts them shorthanded! We got all our challenges right... I see a patern here. And this is also why I love our team. Our guys never complain - even if it makes PoMo implode, but he holds it back even when clearly justified. What a sore loser Cooper is, instead of acknowledge our effort.

He is not completely wrong about the refs though. 2 minutes into the game I was already thinking: "is it going down like this AGAIN?" Monty getting plastered against the boards with a clear hit in the numbers, and he goes off a minute later for "clipping"?

Happy that this is over, feels great. And it was not the refs who decided this series.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Idiotic take by Cooper… Just admit your team isn’t what it used to be and your opponent was WAY better on paper AND on the ice.

Almost as idiotic as Panthers fans who didn’t saw that Bolts had something like 10% chance of winning this series… I respect them. But they just didn’t have the roster or the cohesiveness this year !

I will admit one thing, and something I ALWAYS thought and will always think… Victor Hedman is the best defenseman in the League by a country-mile. Period. That guy is a beast, a God, whatever you want to call him !
One major difference between this and the previous series against Tampa was our PK. In the past, their PP alone would win them games. This time, we kept them to four PP goals in five games for a solid 80% PK success rate (game 4 was the only one where they scored multiple PP goals and also their only win).

Looking at the three series, there's no question that this was our best team and Tampa's worst. Still, had the special teams been as uneven as in the past, it would have been a different series - still a winnable one, but much more of a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad