GDT: Official-2013 World Juniors Thread - STARTS TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2008
I'm not really surprised about Brossoit TBH. He had a terrible Memorial Cup and got absolutely lit up by the Russians in the subway super series. Subban would definitely be my starter over Brossoit, no question.

Now Peterson making the squad over Brossoit? There's some discussions to be had there, forsure.

I think you may be mistaken.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
My crew and I worked really hard today to basically do three days worth of work in one day so we could have Thursday and Friday off(with pay). My main motivation for doing this was so I could watch tomorrow's game since it is at a reasonable time. Our plan kinda went to hell about 20 minutes before I left work so I'm pretty bummed right now. I'm not looking forward to watching games at 2am.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
My crew and I worked really hard today to basically do three days worth of work in one day so we could have Thursday and Friday off(with pay). My main motivation for doing this was so I could watch tomorrow's game since it is at a reasonable time. Our plan kinda went to hell about 20 minutes before I left work so I'm pretty bummed right now. I'm not looking forward to watching games at 2am.

It's replayed at 5:30 PM on TSN and 10:00 PM on TSN2. Just gotta avoid spoilers. :D

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
It's replayed at 5:30 PM on TSN and 10:00 PM on TSN2. Just gotta avoid spoilers. :D

This is difficult. Last replay I tried to watch was the World Championships when little baby Nuge and Eb%rle were on the team. The very last commercial before the replay started told you the score of the very game they were replaying literally one second later. That **** has got to stop.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
So is this game coming up in thirty minutes .... shouldn't there be a crowd gathering?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
So is this game coming up in thirty minutes .... shouldn't there be a crowd gathering?

Yes.... but I guess most are getting ready for work or already there, like me :(

OK.... So I think we should all make a deal

NO DISCUSSION OF SCORES OR PLAYS OUTSIDE OF EACH GAME THREAD UNTIL AFTER THE LAST REPLAY OF THE GAME

That way we can all avoid spoilers

Agree?

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Is anyone using the PPV online stream option from TSN? Couple questions:

1) Is it good quality?

2) Does it work in the USA? I am headed to Phoenix for Xmas and want to be able to watch, so if it works down there I can pick up a full package. I can't find any info online.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Parade to the penalty box for Canada. Facing a 5 on 3 kill right now.
And the Finns score.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Thank god Scheifele... was worried you'd start slow and get kicked off the 1st line. His first period was horrible, but that sequence with RNH just now was silky smooth.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Armia needs to keep his head up but the kid can surely stickhandle and looks to be a man among boys.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
I can finally post now that my PVRs finally caught up to real time. Gorgeous feed and finish, give 'n go by Nuge and Scheifele. Canada is letting Armia dance around in their own end. Guys got hands no doubt. Canada Needs to pressure him and take his weak mind out of the game. Granlund is dangerous with his lightning quick release and pin point accuracy. I would be knocking on calgarys door if I were in Minnesota. In an effort to being the two Granlund brothers together. I can see them having Sedin-lite chemistry...

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Weak penalties for both teams

Awful. I can't believe Hamilton got a hooking call for a one-handed stick check that merely made contact with the Finnish players arm. Didn't impede his progress at all. This is going to be a difficult adjustment with the larger ice surface and incessant penalty calls. Is this a no-hit tourney?

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
as long as are consistent i dont mind this

Consistent or not I cat stand this sort of officiating. One team will always benefit from these calls over the other. Timely man advantages throw the balance of the game off regardless of make-up calls. Unfortunately as a squad Canada will HAVE to adjust to this or be burned by a cheeky Euro squad who thrives under these soft measures.

The Subban Swiss cheese party has started already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad