OT: Official 2013 ticket thread Part 7 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I bought two tickets to the Feb.8 Ottawa game on StubHub. They were balcony seats. However, when I downloaded the tickets, they are Loge seats. Has anyone dealt with this before. It's tempting to go with the loge seats but I don't want to be screwed at the gate if they are duplicate seats. Any ideas/opinions?

Sellers problem more than yours. Most likely someone with a few seats who made a mistake.

If you want to use them I'd get to the Garden when gates open. Someone should have identical pdfs. So if you beat them to the game he has to call stubhub and get replacements instead of you doing that.

Your call but I think if you call SH all you'll get are the seats you were supposed to buy.

Even if you don't want to arrive early, you can get there 15-20 mins before puck drop. If the seats you were given were already scanned, they will obviously be rejected at the gate. You walk over to the SH office (5 mins from the Garden) and they are going to give you equivalent, or more than likely better seats than you originally purchased. If you contact SH now, more than likely you will get the original tickets from the seller you were suppose to have.

I've sent buyers the wrong tickets accidentally. If they get them 24+ hours before the game, SH almost always contacts the seller to let them know there was a mix up and the seller is able to quickly correct it. I've also been contacted day of the event by SH telling me they were canceling a sale and charging me for replacement tickets...they gave me no time to fix the issue even though I could have sent them the correct tickets in a minute. When there is a last minute issue, at least with SH sales, the buyer holds all the cards.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I bought two tickets to the Feb.8 Ottawa game on StubHub. They were balcony seats. However, when I downloaded the tickets, they are Loge seats. Has anyone dealt with this before. It's tempting to go with the loge seats but I don't want to be screwed at the gate if they are duplicate seats. Any ideas/opinions?

You won't get screwed at the gate, as Looch explained, but it's possible the seller screwed himself with an honest mistake.

It's your conscience. I know what I would do.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Thanks for the feedback guys. Tough call, but if the other people with these seats will get equal or better.....tough call.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks for the feedback guys. Tough call, but if the other people with these seats will get equal or better.....tough call.

I wouldn't be judgemental either way he screwed up yet is making money off you. Its his mistake. Your call.

Last edited:

HamptonIce

Dec 4, 2013
Diehard Flames/Iginla fan and will be in the area for the game on Dec.17. I am looking for a pair preferably in the lower bowl, near centre ice or where the Flames shoot twice. I am not familiar with TD Garden, so if you have other comparable options let me know. Thanks.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The new Stubhub policy of including the fees in the price buyers see is killing the already soft market. The fact that I can't unload tickets for Pitt, Montreal and Toronto is crazy.

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
The new Stubhub policy of including the fees in the price buyers see is killing the already soft market. The fact that I can't unload tickets for Pitt, Montreal and Toronto is crazy.

Agreed. Sellers adjusted market down based on expectations that people wouldn't pay what they had already been paying because they would see a higher number to start.

I wonder if that has taken a hit on Stubhub's profits in a manner similar to the hit that Sellers are taking.

member 96824

I need 4 tickets to the Montreal game in January Ali...I may be able to help with the soft market :)

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

I think that it affected the Red Sox market also.

When they added in the fees from the start I did not think that it would be that big a deal because previously buyers were still seeing what their total sale would be including fees as they went through the check out process. But I guess psychologically when the buyer sees the all included price it affects the buying decision price point that the buyer has in mind to pay.

Last edited:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Wow. That's a very odd complaint about StubHub.

That's like Starbucks saying that forcing them to put up the actual price they charge for a cappuccino is killing their cappuccino business. I mean, why shouldn't they be able to say something is $1.99 when you'll end up paying $3-4? It's $1.99 for the actual product, then $1 for Fair Trade surcharge, and $0.50 fee for a sleeve with the cup or something.

I generally believe in letting people do whatever they want within the law...but having an accurate price tag up front is a good thing, not a bad thing.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

That's like Starbucks saying that forcing them to put up the actual price they charge for a cappuccino is killing their cappuccino business. I mean, why shouldn't they be able to say something is $1.99 when you'll end up paying $3-4? It's $1.99 for the actual product, then $1 for Fair Trade surcharge, and $0.50 fee for a sleeve with the cup or something.

I generally believe in letting people do whatever they want within the law...but having an accurate price tag up front is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Morally, maybe. For sellers it's definitely a bad thing. It has no effect on me but I can see why people selling a good chunk of tickets are annoyed. A ticket with a price of 100 bucks flat is a lot less appealing to me than an $85 ticket with $15 in fees added in after I jump through hoops to enter my information before I check out. By "me" I mean "almost everyone buying tickets."

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Interesting. Maybe I'm just an exception but I actually prefer the way stubhub is doing it now, and I'm a regular buyer. I despise not seeing the total price up front.

I think the soft market has more to do with other factors than the new pricing system. Maybe people spent their wads on the SC games last year (I know I did) or the Sox games this fall. Maybe they don't like the matchups this early part of the season or the nights/days they've been falling on. Maybe people finally realized that early season games just aren't worth paying a premium for, given the # of games and lack of atmosphere for the most part compared to the late season/playoff games. Maybe the economy has hit more Bruins fans this year. It could be anything. I really don't think this pricing model is much of a factor in it, if at all.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I need 4 tickets to the Montreal game in January Ali...I may be able to help with the soft market :)
I don't have 4 tickets to sell.

I haven't had any trouble unloading a single until this season. I'm hopeful that this weekend's games will jump start things as people are reminded of how intense rivalry games are.

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I am definitely curious to see how this change has impacted their profits if at all.

member 96824

Have you ever bought something for x dollars an 99 cents?

Same thing, marketing and sales psychology

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
The previous playoffs and Red Sox playoffs is definitely a factor, but it's also that pre-Christmas, tickets just aren't in the same demand. And having 17 of 41 home games crammed into October and November isn't a big help.

Good luck unloading this Phoenix tickets in March....there's only so many members of Keith Yandle's family.

member 96824

Question about January 30th Montreal game..how is the market for these usually? Is it a market where you should scoop them up now, or does it get weaker as the game gets closer?

I can't imagine it getting weaker, but I figured I would ask

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Question about January 30th Montreal game..how is the market for these usually? Is it a market where you should scoop them up now, or does it get weaker as the game gets closer?

I can't imagine it getting weaker, but I figured I would ask

You prob have to wait until an hour before the game to see reasonable 100 dollar prices. Id wait it out and worse case scenario watch from Garden bars.

Lots of good games within a week of that. Im gonna sell Ottawa and Edmonton and go to Vancouver and Montreal.

:yo:

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Good luck unloading this Phoenix tickets in March....there's only so many members of Keith Yandle's family.

Haven't needed much luck. The Market from the day before Christmas towards the end of the season looks as strong as ever. Lots of good games- Blackwarks, Canaucks, Canadiens, Flyers, Caps etc. They just crammed too many in Oct and Nov.

As far as the Coyotes game in March goes, I just sold a 3 pack of my $45 seats for $100/per cash. The market always jumps 25-50% the second half of the year. As everyone is looking for Christmas presents right now. Now is the time to be aggressive with the mid week games the rest of the season. I sold a 3 pack of the $45 seats for the Sat Sens game in Feb for $199/per. Buyer paid $230/per. I'm not gonna complain about SH fees when my gross sale is ONLY $170/each on a $45 seat.

Has the first half of the season been a little softer than usual? Yes. But the schedule has been pretty sh*tty so far. It gets better the rest of the way...a lot better.

member 96824

You prob have to wait until an hour before the game to see reasonable 100 dollar prices. Id wait it out and worse case scenario watch from Garden bars.

Lots of good games within a week of that. Im gonna sell Ottawa and Edmonton and go to Vancouver and Montreal.

:yo:

Problem is its for my parents xmas gift...so I can't really do the usual wait until 20 minutes before the game or just say "ehhh" and head to the bars.

I ended up stumbling across some seriously cheap tickets in row 10 and pounced on those last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad