OT: Official 2013 ticket thread Part 7 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Previous thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1429105

Here you can announce you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

*******Poster must post the ticket price.*******
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Watch for the Yeti said:
IS the reason why

Son of Marshmont said:
Just checked 250 tickets @ 50 for the cheapest 2 hours before the game is pretty darned good considering the Sox are in the World Series.

Sox playoff games muted while you watch the Bruins on the other TV is unbeatable I wouldn't want to go to either game really its too cold for baseball I'd only want to go to the clincher and you seriously have to save up to have any prayer of going if its at Fenway. (Doubt I could afford it if its at Fenway almost no chance of that but maybe Monday in St Louis could be cheap if were up 3-1.)

Not that the world series didn't have anything to do with the soft market for last night's game, but I would argue it wasn't the main factor. The fact that is was a mid week October game was the biggest factor. The next biggest, imo, would be that the B's generally still have their box office tickets grossly overpriced even when the secondary market is in the tank.

Last night there were tons of tickets on ticketsexchange in evert section that season tickets holders were trying to dump at face. And Stubhub prices were just as cheap and even cheaper in many locations. Considering the box office price are suppose to be "dynamically" priced, they certainly do a poor job of staying competitive when the market is in the tank.

I have no idea wheat the building looked like last night since I was at Fenway and didn't get home till 2 this morning. But I'm guessing they wouldn't have had a hard time selling their public sale left overs if they were charging the real market price. Too often the box office prices are inflated over the secondary market because they think buyers are naive and will pay their prices because the are "face value" and "bought directly from the team". If the sell out streak ended last night, it wasn't due in main part to the world series. It was do to box office management ignorance. That said, I'm sure they will take a page out of the Henry ownership's book...most sell out streaks are manipulated in some form or another.

rickjames

Jul 18, 2013
London, UK
Right, got me a ticket for tomorrow nights game. Will they be able to scan the ticket on my phone without any problems?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Not that the world series didn't have anything to do with the soft market for last night's game, but I would argue it wasn't the main factor. The fact that is was a mid week October game was the biggest factor. The next biggest, imo, would be that the B's generally still have their box office tickets grossly overpriced even when the secondary market is in the tank.

Last night there were tons of tickets on ticketsexchange in evert section that season tickets holders were trying to dump at face. And Stubhub prices were just as cheap and even cheaper in many locations. Considering the box office price are suppose to be "dynamically" priced, they certainly do a poor job of staying competitive when the market is in the tank.

I have no idea wheat the building looked like last night since I was at Fenway and didn't get home till 2 this morning. But I'm guessing they wouldn't have had a hard time selling their public sale left overs if they were charging the real market price. Too often the box office prices are inflated over the secondary market because they think buyers are naive and will pay their prices because the are "face value" and "bought directly from the team". If the sell out streak ended last night, it wasn't due in main part to the world series. It was do to box office management ignorance. That said, I'm sure they will take a page out of the Henry ownership's book...most sell out streaks are manipulated in some form or another.

Yeah, that's not me you quoted. A. I was at Fenway freezing my ass off and B. I would never use that awful run-on sentence. :laugh:

Although now that I think about it, I wonder how full the Garden was last night....when I caught Bruins in 2 when I got home, it looked like there were a fair amount of empty seats in the lower bowl.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yeah, that's not me you quoted. A. I was at Fenway freezing my ass off and B. I would never use that awful run-on sentence. :laugh:

Although now that I think about it, I wonder how full the Garden was last night....when I caught Bruins in 2 when I got home, it looked like there were a fair amount of empty seats in the lower bowl.

Empty. Dead. Awful crowd.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Right, got me a ticket for tomorrow nights game. Will they be able to scan the ticket on my phone without any problems?

You won't have any issues using your phone. Works flawlessly from all my previous experiences.

My apologies. The board won't allow you to quote posts from old threads (the previous ticket thread was closed). I meant to quote MarshmontMcSlewfoot. I attempted to cut and paste usernames in an attempt to make sure the right posters received quote notifications. I obviously failed miserably. Not sure where I went wrong :laugh:

It wasn't as cold last night as I thought it would be. It helped that I we were close tot he field and not high enough to get much wind though. I was actually a bit colder for game one sitting in G13 row 2. My friend treated last night and bought us FB 28 row J seats. Spectacular seats. But not anywhere near the energy down there that I felt the night before up in the grandstand. It probably didn't help that the entire box next to us (fb 29) was filled with mlb execs/suits that were going up and down between their seats and their suite. Eh, at least they were nice guys.

...I've got he sox in 7.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Crowd looked pretty weak last night, but I certainly expected it. I'm very interested to see if this Sox series goes 7 cuz I think the Bruins host Anaheim that night. If I can get in for next to nothing, I might have to jump at that chance.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Crowd looked pretty weak last night, but I certainly expected it. I'm very interested to see if this Sox series goes 7 cuz I think the Bruins host Anaheim that night. If I can get in for next to nothing, I might have to jump at that chance.

That is going to be a great crowd because it is going to be made up entirely of people who definitely want to be there.

Since we're in the age of smartphones, I think a lot of people were distracted looking at their phones last night instead of paying attention. The shot disparity and the Bruins 1st period sluggishness really didn't help matters neither.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
That is going to be a great crowd because it is going to be made up entirely of people who definitely want to be there.

Since we're in the age of smartphones, I think a lot of people were distracted looking at their phones last night instead of paying attention. The shot disparity and the Bruins 1st period sluggishness really didn't help matters neither.

Based on Kate08's comments, last night's crowd was "Empty. Dead. Awful crowd." Just curious why you think going up against a similar World Series home game on a weekday would draw a completely different crowd at the garden? If anything, it being a game 7 would garner even less attention than last night.

I'd expect the circumstances to dictate a very similar crowd. B's will still charge more than market for their left over public sale seats. Morning/afternoon day of game, balconies will probably be had at $20 and loges $40-50 on SH. Box office prices will be $75 for balcony and $100-$110 for loge. I'll likely get an email from my Rep a couple days before (like I have a few times already this year) "if you or any friends are interested, I have access to balcony seating starting at $75 and loge seats stating at $110."

These are some email titles I have received from my rep this year (these are generic emails that are sent out to all his ST account holders)-

This pre-season one is by far the best one! They seriouslys had preseason prices starting at $75 in the balcony for their worse seats when they were being sold on the open market at $12-$15. Loges on the end the B's shoot twice were $40-$50...they had them at a "special" price of $125.

Title-
Last Call for Preseason Tickets!

Body-
Good morning!

I have access to tickets for the two home preseason games (09-19 & 09-23) for $75 per ticket in the balcony and $125 per ticket in the loge. If you or someone you know is interested, please let me know...

Title-
Discounted Opening Night Tickets

Body-
Happy Tuesday! I have access to discounted balcony tickets for Opening Night against Tampa Bay on Thursday October 3rd for $85 per ticket. Just wanted to pass this along as I know sometimes you are looking for additional tickets to a game.

Please let me know if you are interested – first come, first served until all my tickets are gone.

Title-
Opening Night Suite Discount

Body-
Happy Friday! I have an awesome Bruins Opening Night suite deal -- wanted to make sure you got the offer:

Thursday 10/3 vs. TB @ 7 PM -- 18 tickets @ $3,600

Our suites were completely renovated this summer and brand new inside. They look fantastic! Also keep in mind, the Red Sox will NOT be playing in a playoff game on 10/3 -- so no conflict there.

Please let me know ASAP if you would like to book, or have any questions. Enjoy your weekend!

Two days after I got the first opening night suite offer for $3,600 I got an updated suite offer for half price at $1800...

Title-
October Bruins Suites - Starting at $100 Per Ticket

Body-
Happy Monday!

I have access to Bruins executive suites for the month of October at a discounted rate. Please see the schedule below with the pricing for an 18-person executive suite:

October 3 vs. Tampa Bay -- $1,800 ($100 per ticket)

October 5 vs. Detroit -- $3,600

October 10 vs. Colorado -- $3,600

October 14 vs. Detroit -- $2,970

October 24 vs. San Jose -- $4,950

October 26 vs. New Jersey -- $3,600

October 31 vs. Anaheim -- $2,970

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Title-
Columbus Day Discount - Red Wings Tickets

Body-
Happy Thursday!

I have access to some discounted balcony tickets for Monday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings at 1 PM. They are $85 per ticket. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. Earliest bird catches the worm!

Go Bruins! Go Red Sox

Title-
Halloween Discount

Body-
Happy Monday!

Hope you enjoyed the comeback victories at Fenway and Gillette last night (fingers crossed we experience the same in this upcoming 3rd period).

I have access to balcony tickets starting at $60 for the Halloween game on October 31st against Anaheim. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested!

Go Bruins!

Don't get me wrong here, I love my rep. He does his job well. But I'm all but certain I'm in the majority and speak for most of his account holders when I say we all find these emails extremely humorous...and hope they don't stop!

STH's are generally pretty aware of current secondary market prices, even if they don't sell the majority of their tickets. It would make sense for the B's to be sending these emails out to their "cyberbear club" subscribers who may be a little more naive about secondary market pricing. But the majority of STH's know they are going to go to stubhub 90% of the time and find the same tickets their rep is offering them and are going to pay 10-30% less. And it regularly is about 20-25% less from what I have seen.

If your not a baseball fan, I'd definitely think (as Mr. Dobbins said) you'd have the 31st circled on your calendar as the possibility of seeing the cheapest game of the year. But, to each their own.

p.s- If you want tickets to the Halloween game right now, they start at $42 on SH...not $60 ;)

Last edited:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
You won't have any issues using your phone. Works flawlessly from all my previous experiences.

My apologies. The board won't allow you to quote posts from old threads (the previous ticket thread was closed). I meant to quote MarshmontMcSlewfoot. I attempted to cut and paste usernames in an attempt to make sure the right posters received quote notifications. I obviously failed miserably. Not sure where I went wrong :laugh:

It wasn't as cold last night as I thought it would be. It helped that I we were close tot he field and not high enough to get much wind though. I was actually a bit colder for game one sitting in G13 row 2. My friend treated last night and bought us FB 28 row J seats. Spectacular seats. But not anywhere near the energy down there that I felt the night before up in the grandstand. It probably didn't help that the entire box next to us (fb 29) was filled with mlb execs/suits that were going up and down between their seats and their suite. Eh, at least they were nice guys.

...I've got he sox in 7.

No worries. I was just reading it and I thought "that doesn't sound like me." :laugh:

We were up in RFB 94 row UU....it wasn't crazy cold (we dressed to the nines for the situation though, down to the gloves) but every once in a while you'd get a breeze through the boxes that got you a good shiver. As one would expect a pretty good crowd there, at least until the wheels came off.

When (and not if, of course) it goes 6 or 7, I'll be curious to see what a G6 price comes out looking like if it's an elimination and not a clinching game for the Sox. It might not be good for my psyche (or my wallet) to go to a G6, but I kinda want to.

I know I can't be in public for a G7 though. :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So many empty seats last night. Can definitely score cheap tickets if people are looking.

I was watching my MLB At Bat app as soon as the the game started because the B's were fairly boring. Hoping they show the game between periods tomorrow.

Bullgang

May 3, 2013
So many empty seats last night. Can definitely score cheap tickets if people are looking.

I was watching my MLB At Bat app as soon as the the game started because the B's were fairly boring. Hoping they show the game between periods tomorrow.

I believe there was a delay on the orange line last night which made a lot of people late yesterday. If you watch after the first period the lower bowl did fill up

jeffclark

Sep 17, 2010
Brookline
Single ticket for the Bruins / Devils game on 10/26.

Row 15, section 305, seat 21. Right on the aisle, near the best beer guy in the Garden AND the bathrooms. Great seat neighbors and a great view on the end the Bruins shoot at twice. Asking $50.00 or best offer.

I'm selling my tickets using BoxRowSeat.com, so these are genuine Ticketmaster PDF tickets you purchase and print at home, guaranteed by the BoxRowSeat Guarantee.

Buy securely and download instantly (or leave an offer and a deadline) --> http://www.boxrowseat.com/l/FkuTvUeVxDq

...or stay home and watch the Sox. I don't want to tell you how to live your life.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I believe there was a delay on the orange line last night which made a lot of people late yesterday. If you watch after the first period the lower bowl did fill up

I thought it filled up to almost full. It was a quiet crowd but IMO was almost sold out.

GahdenRinkRat did leave after the first period though.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
After more thought about it, I think Looch is right on the Thursday thing and I am wrong: A lot of people who do go Thursday will be distracted by a Red Sox WS game 7. That is if the STH even show up, because there will be empty seats.

As a hockey fan in general, it's the last chance to see Teemu Selanne live this Thursday so thats the appeal for me. But clearly that won't hold true for everyone.

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011
I'm overseas and just recently got back to a city with time and internet to list my tickets.

How is stubhub this awful to use and how in gods name do they get to take such a rich cut?

Like a fool I downloaded a large portion, so they're all attached, and now I can't just select the one game I have to delete slowly the ones that shouldnt belong.

Transaction fee/etc... do not cost 30%.

Does anyone recommend a better site to sell on?

Bullgang

May 3, 2013
I'm overseas and just recently got back to a city with time and internet to list my tickets.

How is stubhub this awful to use and how in gods name do they get to take such a rich cut?

Like a fool I downloaded a large portion, so they're all attached, and now I can't just select the one game I have to delete slowly the ones that shouldnt belong.

Transaction fee/etc... do not cost 30%.

Does anyone recommend a better site to sell on?

The cut stubhub takes is to cover their guarntee that fans get via using their site. Fans could buy e tickets on Craigslist. But have a much higher risk of being scammed. Stubhub will get the buyer new tickets in minutes

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Thursday is shaping up to be the cheapest ticket of the year:

less than $40 to get in the door
less than $70 for loge
less than $100 for club seats

And we're still 3 days out.

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011
I gather you work for them. Shouldn't product reps not be allowed on here? Isn't there some literature about that someplace.

30% is ridiculous. No other way to say it then that.

I imagine scams don't happen frequently, regardless of what you say.

Two tickets to the sox game 6 for 44xx, i get back 34xx. Thats absurd and is highway robbery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->