Proposal: Offers for Boeser

member 324899

Here we go again with the Boeser sweepstakes. Please note that I wouldn't like for this to happen but I'm passing time by just looking at the potential value of canucks players during this boring period. If Boeser were to be traded the canucks would be looking for a young Top 9 winger (Preferably expansion exempt, a B+ level prospect, and a First (preferably this year). Offer away!

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This won't go well.

Most of us Canucks fans would want a replacement for Boeser, so then why trade him?

We won't like the pieces offered, and no one will offer what we want for him. He will be recovered when this all blows over, and he's signed to a good cap hit. So again, why trade him?

Reactions: haveandare

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
Boeser, Petterson and Hughes for Jankowski, Reider and Stone. why Vancouver does this? They get to have fun rebuilding again and Why Calgary does this? I really don't know because we are giving up so much here.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Oh cool its the same nimrod posting it twice...

Nimrod was a legendary hunter. This guy's a troll. Wrong historical reference, as it started with Bugs Bunny calling Elmer Fudd Nimrod sarcastically, while dressed as...i want to say a Valkerie...not using it as a term on par with a straight faced insult.

The more you know.

I agree with your statement however.

member 324899

What would it take from the avs?
I think Boeser, Woo, and a late pick for Jost, Timmins, Bowers, and a first is great for both parties.
Consider Woo and a late pick for Timmins a wash as both are young RHD and former 2nd rounders, so Boeser goes for a young roster player (jost), a prospect (Bowers), and a first.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I think Boeser, Woo, and a late pick for Jost, Timmins, Bowers, and a first is great for both parties.
Consider Woo and a late pick for Timmins a wash as both are young RHD and former 2nd rounders, so Boeser goes for a young roster player (jost), a prospect (Bowers), and a first.
That is terrible for the Nucks. Woo has just as much potential as Timmons, a 1st in the 20s a B prospect and Jost who sucks and is redundant. Brock was a ppg player most of this season and if he can stay healthy should be a 30-35 70-80 point player. If Brock were to get traded, it would be for a young established RHD, not picks and a prospect not even Byrom.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Why would the AVs offer both of their DMen Prospects and easily rejects

Boeser is a fantastic player, but can't stay healthy. He'll nicely fill a need at RW on the 2nd line, but not for the players expected. Wingers are also valued less than a Blue Chip DMan. AVs need to round out their depth and not likely sending high end prospects blue liners to anchor the team for many years,

Contract is another obstacle being backloaded at $7.5M which require a high qualifying offer that leads him to UFA sooner.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Nimrod was a legendary hunter. This guy's a troll. Wrong historical reference, as it started with Bugs Bunny calling Elmer Fudd Nimrod sarcastically, while dressed as...i want to say a Valkerie...not using it as a term on par with a straight faced insult.

The more you know.

How do you know he wasn’t saying it sarcastically?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
a guy with his numbers and youth only gets traded to fill a team's incredibly critical gap - a hockey trade -
for a similarly young and promising player to fill the need

if the key piece coming back onto the roster is a top 6 winger, which BB is,
Vancouver is only killing themselves,

suddenly becoming a contender with a strong young core, and now you want to reset the rebuilding clock?

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015

The more you know.

Well I gotta say didn't think I would get a hunting history lesson from a hockey forum haha. I figured it was bugs bunny or something like that though, I use the word a lot

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Well I gotta say didn't think I would get a hunting history lesson from a hockey forum haha. I figured it was bugs bunny or something like that though, I use the word a lot

More of an opera lesson...or classic cartoon?...general trivia? Use the knowledge well, and I hope you get a free pitcher during the next trivia night you attend.

Reactions: Lenerdosy

Crow

May 19, 2014
Whether or not he did or didn't, I'm not bird dogging him for something like that. I just saw an opportunity to change the subject and I jumped on it.
Anyway I enjoyed your comment. I had no idea.

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad