Proposal: Offers for Boeser

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Well, there is no doubt that I am asking a lot, Boeser "is" one of the better young RWers in the game. Boeser is a first line player, and is exactly what your team needs. The general thought is, who ever gets the best player in the trade wins the trade. With the Canucks, they need to move things around a little.

The risk is on the Canuck here, so we are firm on our offer. We could add Stecher, if interested. IMO, it is worth further discussion.

Foote is a dealbreaker for me - especially with Arizona's 1st involved.

The Devils could certainly use a right-shot RW, but the biggest, most glaring need is LHD. If we're trading away a package this rich, I'd rather just make the pot even sweeter and gun for a Hampus Lindholm type defenseman.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
NYI First round pick+Logan Brown+Dallas 2nd round pick?

Something around that? Ottawa doesnt really have a top 9 winger that is also expansion exempt outside of brady who wouldnt be available in this deal. If the canucks want nhl ready talent and want one of connor brown/tierney or duclair in the trade im sure we could adjust the trade offer above

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Something around that? Ottawa doesnt really have a top 9 winger that is also expansion exempt outside of brady who wouldnt be available in this deal. If the canucks want nhl ready talent and want one of connor brown/tierney or duclair in the trade im sure we could adjust the trade offer above

You can have Connor Timmins, Tyson Jost, 2020 1st, and not a penny more.

I think these are both pretty fair value deals. And I'm probably higher on Boeser right now than most Canucks fans. Gets the Canucks back in the first round (I'm assuming they give up their pick this season).

I would probably lean toward saying yes on these deals, conditional on re-signing Toffoli.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Minnesota isn't trading this bunch of draft picks for Boeser along with draft picks when wild need a c. How do you not see with Kaprizov coming wild would have to move Parise just to make room for another winger. Even then donato will come into top 6 & wild would just sign another 4th winger if that happens.

Wild can't move Zuccarello. Parise was only willing to approve a trade to Islanders because that is where his dad played

New Jersey would gladly take Greenway to ease your troubles.

Also, you're literally echoing the poster you quoted. Read before you critique.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
This makes no sense. Boeser is quickly establishing himself as one of the league's best right wings. You have Pettersson and Hughes on ELCs. Why on earth would you trade him for a top 9 winger and a 1st?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I think these are both pretty fair value deals. And I'm probably higher on Boeser right now than most Canucks fans. Gets the Canucks back in the first round (I'm assuming they give up their pick this season).

I would probably lean toward saying yes on these deals, conditional on re-signing Toffoli.

Ottawa having norris, white and expected to draft a center with one of the two lottery picks is the main reason i personally would be willing to make the trade. Its a hefty price and ideally boeser is signed for at least two more years but its a move worth making imo

Tkachuk-White-Boeser actually looks like an nhl caliber line

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Sens offer the the lower of the 1st Sens/SJ.

EM is too cheap and might cancel the deal, but he’ll fit nicely in OTT.

Reactions: gianni

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Not even close
You can have Connor Timmins, Tyson Jost, 2020 1st, and not a penny more.
Nope.
Boeser, 1st and Hughes for Laine?
What a joke.
I wouldn't even trade Boeser straight up for Laine
That’s ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as what the Jets fan said but still.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
It really isn't. Boeser is better than Laine right now and I'm not convince that Laine can be much better moving forward.

Boeser has better compete than Laine, but skill wise Laine is much better when he is on. I watch Laine all the time and his laziness drives me up the wall. I would’ve touch Boeser for Laine because if he puts it together your trading a top 10 forward for just a good player.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Boeser has better compete than Laine, but skill wise Laine is much better when he is on. I watch Laine all the time and his laziness drives me up the wall. I would’ve touch Boeser for Laine because if he puts it together your trading a top 10 forward for just a good player.

A fully healthy Boeser is more than just a good player tho.

Reactions: gianni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->