OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It was detonated at a time that no one would be around, on a day that none of the businesses would be open, and played a recording for 15 minutes to warn everyone to evacuate the area. That has to be the most considerate bomber that I've ever heard of.
Yep.

Apparently remains have been found in the area so it sounds like someone was in the RV.

Reactions: bdub24

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
It was detonated at a time that no one would be around, on a day that none of the businesses would be open, and played a recording for 15 minutes to warn everyone to evacuate the area. That has to be the most considerate bomber that I've ever heard of.
With the communications down due to the bomb, could that of been the actual target? This is the oddest bombing event I’ve ever heard of.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
With the communications down due to the bomb, could that of been the actual target? This is the oddest bombing event I’ve ever heard of.

The car was parked outside of an AT&T transmission building, so it seems like that may've been the target. Maybe someone has a beef with AT&T? Who knows. My friend and I are both on AT&T and lost service today.

Last edited:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

It sounds like this is the timeline, suspect shoots two bullets in the air, hits the button for a recording to the 'warning', pushes the button for the bomb,

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Don't even want to think about how bad this would have been if it had happened on, say, a normal, (non-Covid) Saturday afternoon when the buildings and streets would have been packed.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
End of year/Beginning of year duties for your resident bookkeeper and this year I have about twice the work as last year. So you may not hear much from me til I get a monstrous pile o paperwork out of the way. Probably end of January except to bake a few pies. Happy New Year!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
End of year/Beginning of year duties for your resident bookkeeper and this year I have about twice the work as last year. So you may not hear much from me til I get a monstrous pile o paperwork out of the way. Probably end of January except to bake a few pies. Happy New Year!

I have missed your winner pies tremendously. One pie in the last 9+ months just doesnt cut it..

(And yes @bdub24 I have missed your FU's as well, but between COVID and the election I've said enough of them that I am not in withdrawal like I am the winner pie)

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

Could you have put the winner pies in the freezer?

Reactions: bdub24

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Having a white Christmas here in SE Ohio. Looking like 6-7 inches. Glad we got in gear and drove up early this morning.

We finally got snow in Milwaukee! I was out the door at 4:53 AM to start shoveling the 6 or so inches of wet heavy snow. I finished around 6:30. Some Milwaukee suburbs received 8.5 inches. Places away from Lake Michigan received more snow, which is opposite of the usual distribution.

I will be sleeping soundly tonight.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We finally got snow in Milwaukee! I was out the door at 4:53 AM to start shoveling the 6 or so inches of wet heavy snow. I finished around 6:30. Some Milwaukee suburbs received 8.5 inches. Places away from Lake Michigan received more snow, which is opposite of the usual distribution.

That is odd. Lake effects usually pile more on! I saw a video making the rounds where some guy was clearing his driveway with a flame thrower. Ha! My friend just moved to Nebraska and he said he and his dad were heading out to clear the driveway of a neighbor. Not sure if he was using flames or traditional methods. Ha!

We're getting rain.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

I don't have to shovel because I live in an apartment complex. The maintenance people who do it though were salting the roads in the snow last night so when they plowed this morning they pushed all the salt to the end of the street. The roads are basically packed down snow and ice with no traction. Cars have been sliding down and struggling to get up the hill to get out all day.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I don't have to shovel because I live in an apartment complex. The maintenance people who do it though were salting the roads in the snow last night so when they plowed this morning they pushed all the salt to the end of the street. The roads are basically packed down snow and ice with no traction. Cars have been sliding down and struggling to get up the hill to get out all day.

The roads are clean in my neighborhood, but it is pretty flat where I live. The plows went by on my street about 5:15 AM. I hit the alley about 5:30 and it had already been plowed.

I arrived at work at 7 and for the first time in 15 years, our parking lots were not plowed except for a strip in the small visitors lot and 2 strips through the employee lot to get to the outdoor salt pile. I guess that a lot of our maintenance people were off. I drove into the visitors lot because my co-worker was parked there in what turned out to be the only relatively clean spot. There was no place for me to park unless I plugged the entire lot. I had to drive the wrong way to the end of our visitor lot to the "In" driveway to Y-turn my car around so I could head to the employee lot. I would not have been able to get through the deep snow by the curb. The street must have been plowed after the visitor lot driveway, effectively plowing us in on that end. I parallel parked near the back door, which had a foot of snow piled up against it. I trudged the 200 feet back to the side door to get in the building. When I left work at 3:30, all of the sidewalks around my building and our building across the street were still snow covered. I had to trudge over there about 11 AM to get a few items after the third person arrived to work a half day.

I will be glad to see the end of 2020! No NYC Times Square party this year. Over 330,000 US people dead. The Today Show just showed a guy smashing a 2020 piñata. He was hitting it with a baseball bat like the piñata had killed his grandma.

Reactions: bdub24 and Adz

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
That is odd. Lake effects usually pile more on! I saw a video making the rounds where some guy was clearing his driveway with a flame thrower. Ha! My friend just moved to Nebraska and he said he and his dad were heading out to clear the driveway of a neighbor. Not sure if he was using flames or traditional methods. Ha!

We're getting rain.

Adz, the storm came from the southwest, just like a summer thunderstorm. Lake effect snow usually comes from the east or northeast because of a low pressure system going over Chicago.

Flame throwers are not allowed where I live.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Adz, the storm came from the southwest, just like a summer thunderstorm. Lake effect snow usually comes from the east or northeast because of a low pressure system going over Chicago.

Flame throwers are not allowed where I live.

How about homemade napalm?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The houses are close together where I live and it is hard on the sidewalk.

The local police show up for Roman Candles and arrest people.

Have you been reading the Anarchist Cookbook?
He's just a little trigger-happy because thanks to the pandemic we haven't had our regular get-together opportunity to bring immolating justice to those who have wronged us.
onfire.gif

I've been coping by taking it out on anyone who makes a PLD trade proposal. :nod:
and watching my Buckeyes absolutely clown-pound Clemson

Reactions: adsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad