OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We have a dusting in Milwaukee. We need a minimum of 0.1 inch to even be recorded as snow.

A white Christmas is either a 1/2 inch or an inch on the ground. I can't remember which one.

Enjoy the holidays people!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
East Tennessee is having a pretty good white Christmas.

We had a very light dusting in Hendersonville. Some places around here have picked up a good coating, maybe up to an inch or two.

Merry Christmas everyone!

:xtree::x)::rudolf::xcheers:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
East Tennessee is having a pretty good white Christmas.

We had a very light dusting in Hendersonville. Some places around here have picked up a good coating, maybe up to an inch or two.

Merry Christmas everyone!

:xtree::x)::rudolf::xcheers:

My oldest's inlaws live in the east ky mountains. After visiting them yesterday, my son, wife and granddaughter got a late start coming back and the parkway shut down due to snow. Took 7 hours for what should have been a 2 hour drive... they are supposed to drive here today but I wont blame them if they wait until tomorrow....

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Edit<
the frivolity was before I saw the news in downtown Nashville. Amazing there were no serious injuries reported.>

19 degrees Christmas morning in Fall Branch Tn, or the ice planet Hoth.

About 3 inches, my back deck after some quality time with a snow shovel.

upload_2020-12-25_8-56-16.png

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hearing reports of a car(RV) bomb downtown at 2nd and Commerce. Holy crap.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We got a dusting of snow, was enough to feel festive but all gone now.
Merry Christmas to all of you!

Downtown--just terrible. One building collapsed, not sure which one it was. Building with Hooters on the bottom is on fire. Glad no deaths, but I still hope whoever set that thing off gets the entire book thrown at them.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
My wife told me about this during the morning. I said "Can you repeat that? A bomb went off in downtown Nashville?"

It could have been a lot worse. Thank God that nobody was killed.

Was it aimed at the phone company building?

Please fill in the details on the who and the why as they become available.

I saw the Channel 5 coverage on line and a story from the UK.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My wife told me about this during the morning. I said "Can you repeat that? A bomb went off in downtown Nashville?"

It could have been a lot worse. Thank God that nobody was killed.

Was it aimed at the phone company building?

Please fill in the details on the who and the why as they become available.

I saw the Channel 5 coverage on line and a story from the UK.
I have a feeling they were targeting communications which makes me wonder if it was just a distraction for something larger. Apparently the vehicle was playing a message that it was going to explode so whoever it was seems like they weren't trying to harm anyone.

Reactions: bdub24

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have a feeling they were targeting communications which makes me wonder if it was just a distraction for something larger. Apparently the vehicle was playing a message that it was going to explode so whoever it was seems like they weren't trying to harm anyone.
It's definitely affecting communications. Sumner County 911 is experiencing disruptions. So is the airport.

The recording from the RV is downright creepy. I can't imagine hearing that and then actually experiencing the explosion.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I heard the word as an 'announcement' from the vehicle, not necessarily a recording. Especially if it was a 15 minute warning as indicated that lends itself to something other than a recording. Who knows, info is not exactly stable.

The link to Tn Covid is not in service, likely a result of the communications problems.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It was detonated at a time that no one would be around, on a day that none of the businesses would be open, and played a recording for 15 minutes to warn everyone to evacuate the area. That has to be the most considerate bomber that I've ever heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad