OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I read that. The five year survival rate averages 80%. He is 70, being over 60 is a negative. Early stages are better.

I have donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Wisconsin Chapter, for years.

I have raised money for them, which is something that I rarely do for charity. I prefer to write a check.

I encourage people to donate to the charity of their choice. The United Way includes L&LS in Wisconsin.

My old co-worker had NHL. That was 30 years ago. He is still alive the last that I heard, just missing a little hair.

My wife is a 4 year survivor.... thank you for your work for L/L society

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My aunt and uncle both survived it, although I think they were in their 50's. They are in their early 70's now and doing mostly ok.

My uncle was a heavy smoker and drinker for a lot of years ( the drinking cost him his job) so the fact he is still kicking is a bit surprising. Pretty sure he spent a lot of years running from the demons in his head after Vietnam.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
RIP 007

2020 does what no SPECTRE agent ever could.

Sean Connery did a lot of other movies besides the James Bond films. He had a small part in The Longest Day where he played a British soldier who couldn't stand bagpipes. He wanted to shoot the pipers as much as the Germans. It was comic relief. Of course playing Indiana Jones' father was also well done. He won an Oscar for The Untouchables as Kevin Costner's mentor.

Reactions: Viqsi and PredsV82

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
The only one of their Craftsman Cask Collection I haven't gotten yet. I will be watching my email and reserve a bottle of this for sure. I had a sip once and it was pretty good.

56740968c5bf60d9f21336db_1260x738.jpg

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So my sponsor status is about to expire but there is nothing on the provided link to renew. Do I have to wait and let it expire before I can renew it?

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Wow. Just found out I graduated high school with the brother of Tennessees new Senator(Hagerty). His mom was my high school guidance counselor. Small world.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So my sponsor status is about to expire but there is nothing on the provided link to renew. Do I have to wait and let it expire before I can renew it?
No, it expires and you renew it then. Weird set up and it always catches me off guard. You'll know it's expired when you see all the ads.

re: Hagerty's brother. The guy who sat next to me in almost every class due to our surnames' alphabetical proximity is now the mayor of Lewisburg TN. Still surprises me when I see stuff about him in that role, though he was elected to class officer positions more than once. But Mayor is a real life paid position, unlike Sophomore Class Secretary or whatever.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
No, it expires and you renew it then. Weird set up and it always catches me off guard. You'll know it's expired when you see all the ads.

re: Hagerty's brother. The guy who sat next to me in almost every class due to our surnames' alphabetical proximity is now the mayor of Lewisburg TN. Still surprises me when I see stuff about him in that role, though he was elected to class officer positions more than once. But Mayor is a real life paid position, unlike Sophomore Class Secretary or whatever.

Thanks.

And Hagartys brother is 5 years younger than the Senator so I never had any classes or contact with the Senator, but his brother and I were in all the same classes for years.

His mother was dismayed when I chose to attend Murray State instead of Vanderbilt

Reactions: Adz

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
EnMafBZXIAIZ0Kc

Actual beer league team at Centenial. Jay Powell, current UAH player, a bunch of ex-NHLers. AND RYAN 'f***ING CAPTAIN CANADA' SMYTH. (hint, form Alberta, same number as in NHL. Jesus, who did the other team piss off to play this?????

EDIT: Please tell me they are fake names. If not, 8 ex or current NHLers, 5 Div 1 players, 3 ex or current ECHL, couple of Netherland pros, couple of HS prep kids

Additional edit: Smyth does have a Nashville connection. League is 10 skaters and a goalie.....Damn

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
That's....odd. Those NHL players played here so you could understand why they would still be here, but I thought for sure that Ryan Smyth would have retired to Edmonton, why would he be here playing?

And that Chris Lee, is that the referee Chris Lee?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
That's....odd. Those NHL players played here so you could understand why they would still be here, but I thought for sure that Ryan Smyth would have retired to Edmonton, why would he be here playing?

No clue, tonne of Chris Lees on eliteprospects. But based on stalking/research it looks like a Preds/UAH alum game.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wife is home for the first time in nearly 2 weeks. So of course I get her dinner and then come home and pass out. First time things have been normal in a while and I guess I finally relaxed. Best 3 hours of sleep I've had in that time period.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

In a tweet last September, Edmonton Journal sports reporter Jim Matheson wrote: "Heard Ryan Smyth is moving with his family to Nashville. I don't think there's a hockey job there but he's bought a house there."
A blurb in the Nashville Post, also dated from September, said Ryan and Stacey Smyth had bought a new home outside Nashville, in the city of Franklin.
ryan-smyth.jpg

An emotional Ryan Smyth waves to the Edmonton crowd after playing his final NHL game in April 2014. (Jason Franson/Canadian Press)
"Ryan Smyth, the man they call 'Captain Canada,' never played a minute for the Nashville Predators in his 19 years in the NHL," the online news site said.
"But apparently all those trips to town with the Edmonton Oilers, New York Islanders, Colorado Avalanche and Los Angeles Kings impressed him enough that he was willing to lay down $3.225 million for this eight-acre estate in Hidden River."

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
It's definitely the Ryan Smyth. Used to play high school against one of the guys on that team and he's posted pictures on facebook of them. Smyth rocks an old Jofa bucket too, which is pretty awesome.

Reactions: triggrman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad