Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

:laugh:

Posting in the OT thread because it's not about COVID, it's about a certain former poster...

Ha!

Of course, this sent me to the reference books--I can't help it, it's how I'm drawn.

Strong's Concordance defines Biblical words associated with numbers. 19 in Hebrew is "slaughter" (ibchan) but definition also means the point or tip of the sword. True. Ab would brandish that written sword a lot, but only the tip. Once he'd gotten things going he'd go off to think of something else. Our Abaddon was (and is) exasperating sometimes, but he's actually a pretty good guy. Strong's Hebrew: 19. אּבְחַת (ibchah) -- slaughter

In Hebrew, the number that correlates with 3 in Hebrew is "eb" meaning fresh and green and "Abaddon" (destruction, ruin) is number 11. If you go to the Greek version 3 does = Abaddon but 19 = "agathosune" meaning Goodness. Strong's Greek: 19. ἀγαθωσύνη (agathosune) -- goodness

So to address the meme, basically, people use information and numbers however they want to frame things--just like Absey did/does. Ha! Ovid DOES mean sheep in Latin, though. It also refers to Ovid the poet, who loved him some drama. ;)

Reactions: PredsV82

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Radulov is playing for Dallas, who are currently down 2-1 in games.

Wouldn't you love it if Rads loses in the SCF? And the Dallas Stars too!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Radulov is playing for Dallas, who are currently down 2-1 in games.

Wouldn't you love it if Rads loses in the SCF? And the Dallas Stars too!

It would be quite lovely.

1) Corry Perry
2) Alex Radulov
3) The Bolts are just the better team.
4) Stars uniforms make me want to puke.
5) Alexander Radulov
6) Corey Perry
7) Central Division rivalry...Though Preds should be in the same division as Bolts, don't get me started

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It would be quite lovely.

1) Corry Perry
2) Alex Radulov
3) The Bolts are just the better team.
4) Stars uniforms make me want to puke.
5) Alexander Radulov
6) Corey Perry
7) Central Division rivalry...Though Preds should be in the same division as Bolts, don't get me started

I believe that you accidentally listed Corry Perry twice.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The one guy I like on the Stars is Pavelski. He was on a Sharks team that could never get over the hump, tho did make the finals the year before we did. It doesn’t cancel out the loathing I have for Perry, Radulov and the organization in general.

Reactions: adsfan

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I would say something about the debate but twitter is doing it for me.

Disappointed is a light description of what I felt when the politics board was shot into the sun. At the rate things are going though in the current political climate, HF was prophetic and did us a favor by doing that.

I've probably already said too much.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The one guy I like on the Stars is Pavelski. He was on a Sharks team that could never get over the hump, tho did make the finals the year before we did. It doesn’t cancel out the loathing I have for Perry, Radulov and the organization in general.
I'm still mad over the Modano -- Tootoo thing. When was that, 2004 or something? LOL

I don't really remember all the details but I remember enough and their GM said we were classless. I'll show you classless: Go Bolts.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I'm still mad over the Modano -- Tootoo thing. When was that, 2004 or something? LOL

I don't really remember all the details but I remember enough and their GM said we were classless. I'll show you classless: Go Bolts.

we didn’t applaud Modano when he broke the US born player scoring record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad