OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Does it make me a back person when I look at Twitter and scream 'will you just f***ing die already!' when it come to Kim Jon Un?

No. It just tells me that you have not heard enough about his sister. She will be worse! (I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to start Korean War 2.0 just to show how tough she is. She is the crazy one compared to her brother. Insanity gallops in the Kim family.)

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
No. It just tells me that you have not heard enough about his sister. She will be worse! (I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to start Korean War 2.0 just to show how tough she is. She is the crazy one compared to her brother. Insanity gallops in the Kim family.)

Oh I heard about her but mostly as media rumors comparing her to the crazy school girl from Kill Bill. If she wants KW 2.0 here's how it goes.

NK invades
SK pushes back
USA shows up and pushes all the way to PRC's border
Background negotiations with PRC telling them, 'Look, NK is a problem for everyone, we are popping this problem and no further. Let's not re-inact KW 1.0. Korea becomes a big consumer nation who will want PRC stuff by the truckloads.'
Then PRC decides if they back NK or helps with 'moderation'.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Oh I heard about her but mostly as media rumors comparing her to the crazy school girl from Kill Bill. If she wants KW 2.0 here's how it goes.

NK invades
SK pushes back
USA shows up and pushes all the way to PRC's border
Background negotiations with PRC telling them, 'Look, NK is a problem for everyone, we are popping this problem and no further. Let's not re-inact KW 1.0. Korea becomes a big consumer nation who will want PRC stuff by the truckloads.'
Then PRC decides if they back NK or helps with 'moderation'.

Only problem with your scenario is that a LOT of people die. If NK invades, they bomb Seoul. If USA pushes NK back to PRC border, all of the missiles will have been released. Even if they don't reach us, they do reach SK and Japan. How many deaths are we willing to accept?

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Only problem with your scenario is that a LOT of people die. If NK invades, they bomb Seoul. If USA pushes NK back to PRC border, all of the missiles will have been released. Even if they don't reach us, they do reach SK and Japan. How many deaths are we willing to accept?

We are talking about sociopaths. They will mourn the lose of 'resources' not life...annnnd I am dragging this to politics.

Oh look! Flowers!

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I need dinner ideas for Saturday. If one were visiting a Van Gogh museum in the morning and in a city with influences from say the Dutch East Indies after occupying that area of the world for decades ... what type of food should I go for?

Friday is already booked for the former Dutch occupied Belgian food known as Trappist beer.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Thought I made a mistake but I might have discovered a sensation:

lemon-lime caffeinated seltzer + limeade powder from WalMart + Cinammon and sugar flavor from a coffee cake= OMG YUM!!!!!!!!!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I need dinner ideas for Saturday. If one were visiting a Van Gogh museum in the morning and in a city with influences from say the Dutch East Indies after occupying that area of the world for decades ... what type of food should I go for?

Friday is already booked for the former Dutch occupied Belgian food known as Trappist beer.

Burger and fries. Never disappoints.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
487A2FEC-5F20-4807-8F20-208904EE5882.jpeg
110B18DC-54BC-4559-A224-16358DB5E957.jpeg
I had a wreck today came darn close to it being really bad but just some scrapes and bruises

Attachments

• 86111AF8-541E-4B7E-AB4F-E8C32C516F69.jpeg
    86111AF8-541E-4B7E-AB4F-E8C32C516F69.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Glad you are OK, looks like someone ran a stop light/sign.
The light was green both ways, I turned and never saw the truck coming. It was my fault, but fortunately the other driver was not injured and his Truck can be fixed, my car and my body got the most damage. Bruises and scrapes plus the airbag knocked me unconscious for few seconds and knocked the wind out of me. Gasping for air was the scary part for me.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
The light was green both ways, I turned and never saw the truck coming. It was my fault, but fortunately the other driver was not injured and his Truck can be fixed, my car and my body got the most damage. Bruises and scrapes plus the airbag knocked me unconscious for few seconds and knocked the wind out of me. Gasping for air was the scary part for me.

Sorry you had the accident. Glad you are okay.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It pales in comparison to what some of you have been going through but I did something to my shoulder and arm sometime in August. The reason I say sometime is that I don't remember when it happened then basically slept for a week under heavy meds. I may or may not have posted under the influence. I am now on a lighter dosage of muscle relaxers and NSAIDS (though the NSAID is pretty heavy duty--750mg--it's enough to dull the pain), though when my sister came by an hour or so ago to bring me some food she asked if I was high. So maybe I'm still kind of loopy. I'm still getting a grip on what's real, what isn't, etc. Stuff I thought happened a day or two back happened 2 weeks ago. That sort of thing.

I really liked the heavy meds... definitely good the doc recognizes my weakness. Ha!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
It pales in comparison to what some of you have been going through but I did something to my shoulder and arm sometime in August. The reason I say sometime is that I don't remember when it happened then basically slept for a week under heavy meds. I may or may not have posted under the influence. I am now on a lighter dosage of muscle relaxers and NSAIDS (though the NSAID is pretty heavy duty--750mg--it's enough to dull the pain), though when my sister came by an hour or so ago to bring me some food she asked if I was high. So maybe I'm still kind of loopy. I'm still getting a grip on what's real, what isn't, etc. Stuff I thought happened a day or two back happened 2 weeks ago. That sort of thing.

I really liked the heavy meds... definitely good the doc recognizes my weakness. Ha!
Due to ulcers I can’t take NSAIDS Only Tylenol. Which stinks because I am in some pain and they would help

Reactions: Adz

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I am glad that you survived Gnash!

I came to post about the tiger loose in Knoxville, but your accident and future health are a lot more important.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I am glad that you survived Gnash!

I came to post about the tiger loose in Knoxville, but your accident and future health are a lot more important.

Yesterday a plane landed on the interstate, refueled and took off. Last night a tiger cub is spotted and the search is on with multiple sightings today. On top of that there's also a wallaby loose near Johnson City. Jumanji is happening in East Tennessee.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yesterday a plane landed on the interstate, refueled and took off. Last night a tiger cub is spotted and the search is on with multiple sightings today. On top of that there's also a wallaby loose near Johnson City. Jumanji is happening in East Tennessee.
Where's Dr. Doolittle when you need him?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

About 15 years ago, there were 2 kangaroos hopping around different parts of Wisconsin at the same time. None were missing from the Milwaukee County Zoo. Truth is always stranger than fiction!

The wacky history of kangaroos in Wisconsin | The Advance-Titan

Last summer, one of my daughters was married in Chicago. The park where the wedding took place has a lake, not big enough for water skiing. A few weeks later, an alligator was found in that lake.

An alligator is on the loose in Chicago

We stood in that pavilion with the arches!

A few summers ago, some alligators were spotted in Lake Michigan by kayakers and boaters. Initially, the local police in Milwaukee and Racine thought that drunks or cranks were calling, but people kept seeing and reporting them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Not quite as exotic but the other day on Facebook I saw a picture on Hip Hermitage (or Donelson) of an "apparently" lost cow in a wooded area--but it was still a suburb. There used to be one that you'd see occasionally next to an onramp to the interstate, but don't think it's the same one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad