OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'm guessing he's not a fan of that advanced advanced stat. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, the whole Ukraine scenario sucks. Hopefully it can be resolved with very little bloodshed and long term negative effects.

Guess the conspiracy theorists in the other thread were wrong. What a shocker lol.

Reactions: Fig and Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Lmao, I started at about 4am. Letsa gooo.

Yesterday was a payday so I actually filled up my liquer cabinet, but forgot to buy the mixers. I dont even f***ing have any limes, cola or orange juice or anything, just a couple of tonics. Lots of vodka, rum, gin, tequila though.

But all I need is something other than the war to think about

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm guessing he's not a fan of that advanced advanced stat. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, the whole Ukraine scenario sucks. Hopefully it can be resolved with very little bloodshed and long term negative effects.

Man what happened to all those guys that told us last week there was no chance Russia would do this. Hopefully the world wakes up and helps Ukraine

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yesterday was a payday so I actually filled up my liquer cabinet, but forgot to buy the mixers. I dont even f***ing have any limes, cola or orange juice or anything, just a couple of tonics. Lots of vodka, rum, gin, tequila though.

But all I need is something other than the war to think about

What’s wrong with ice?

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I've felt sick and tired all day, terrible headache as well. Hopefully it's not covid

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I think I might know the problem, I have this illness from time to time myself.

:sarcasm:

Interesting, I have to say. Not enough scotch is the reason for this probably.

btw, I was gonna buy a bottle of 16yo Lagavulin few weeks ago but the price was over 90€. Few years ago it was something like 60€, expensive but still reasonable.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Man what happened to all those guys that told us last week there was no chance Russia would do this. Hopefully the world wakes up and helps Ukraine
I was looking at some posts I bookmarked and came across this one from 2 weeks ago... pure Russian BS propaganda...

LAWRENCE.JPG

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I was looking at some posts I bookmarked and came across this one from 2 weeks ago... pure Russian BS propaganda...

View attachment 511148

Propaganda? No. I assume wishful thinking and perhaps along the lines of rhetorical. No one assumed or hoped Russia was crazy enough to try and pull that type of stunt in the modern era. There was always the possibility, but I assume everyone thought the odds were nearly non existent. But alas, Putin decided he wanted to go Leroy Jenkins much to everyone's surprise.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Propaganda? No. I assume wishful thinking and perhaps along the lines of rhetorical. No one assumed or hoped Russia was crazy enough to try and pull that type of stunt in the modern era. There was always the possibility, but I assume everyone thought the odds were nearly non existent. But alas, Putin decided he wanted to go Leroy Jenkins much to everyone's surprise.
Or outright lying because you're so Pro Russia and Anti USA/West that to you (not you personally) that Russia = good and USA/West = bad?

Reactions: Kahvi

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Or outright lying because you're so Pro Russia and Anti USA/West that to you (not you personally) that Russia = good and USA/West = bad?

Well... I didn't get that type of vibe from reading that post. But perhaps I'm wrong.
I mean perhaps the funny thing is that I assumed that the comment was tongue in cheek because I assume that the USA goading Russia into war benefits the USA.

Honestly though, perhaps I'm just selfish because I'm more worried about my immediate bubble vs what's going on in Russia/Ukraine.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well... I didn't get that type of vibe from reading that post. But perhaps I'm wrong.
I mean perhaps the funny thing is that I assumed that the comment was tongue in cheek because I assume that the USA goading Russia into war benefits the USA.

Honestly though, perhaps I'm just selfish because I'm more worried about my immediate bubble vs what's going on in Russia/Ukraine.
I got that vibe because I've seen him/her in multiple threads pumping Russia's tires with regards to the Ukraine/Russia conflict.. and when I say multiple I just don't mean the main board. The poster goes into team boards to post whenever Russia is mentioned in a thread. Its almost like he/she has some kind of program to alert him/her when Russia is discussed.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I think I'm gonna sell my car. I really don't need it that much since I'm working from home and the public transport is good here. Some extra cash to the savings + the monthly savings in gas, insurance, parking spot and most importantly the finance still left should be nice amount as well

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad