OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I wish I had your confidence lol.

I watched Canada play a stupid amount of games that one year (I can't even remember when, was like mid-90s?) only to be knocked out by... Australia? Or one of the Oceana countries.
I'm very confident they bring this one home. Their defense is still a little suspect to me despite being undefeated but they're too potent offensively not to finish top 3 in qualifying at least

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I've watched 4 periods of Flames hockey this season. I cancelled my cable tv sports package in the summer, and didnt renew it when the season started. And now I dont want to jinx it, because Flames have been really good but I want to watch the games now.

So sorry guys, next few games are gonna be awful.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm really worried about this latest Omicron variant detected in South Africa a few days ago.
They say it spreads much faster/easier than other variants and they aren't sure how effective the current vaccines will be.
Southern Africa flight restrictions won't do shit. It will get here.... likely via Asia or Europe.

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm really worried about this latest Omicron variant detected in South Africa a few days ago.
They say it spreads much faster/easier than other variants and they aren't sure how effective the current vaccines will be.
Southern Africa flight restrictions won't do shit. It will get here.... likely via Asia or Europe.

I'm not too worried yet but this might be another setback. I think it was just month ago when the discussion here was removing all restrictions. Vaccination rate is good, but if it doesn't help with this new variant we might have another long winter ahead.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I’m always a bit skeptical about how worried we should be of each new variant. That said, it’s likely already here.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Definitely getting a booster shot as soon as I'm elidgeable in December.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Omicron Covid-19 variant, which since first being detected in South Africa has also been detected in Belgium, Botswana, Hong Kong, Italy, Germany and Britain

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Spotify Wrapped came out today and like clockwork, a bunch of wet f***ing blankets on my socials are complaining that other people enjoy it.

My top genres this year were "Hard rock," "Classic rock," "Metalcore," "Outlaw country" and "Nu metal." It feels like I've been listening to the same shit for the last 20 years.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Longest day of the year, -20C, sunset was couple of hours ago at 2.30PM. But now we have a nice moon rising over the lake. The photo is actually too bright, it's almost as dark as midnight
IMG_0744.jpeg

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Getting my booster on the 29th, I'm hoping anyway.

I'm anticipating another lockdown. I am not long for this COVID ravaged world. Heh.

Hopefully this thing mutates itself into a mere afterthought, and we can be rid of all this.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
What a f***ing awful year it has been. I haven't work since late 2021, and now I'm going to see a doctor about hernia that I'm pretty sure requires a surgery. update: no surgery at least yet

At least I have 3 covid shots and omicron cases are finally going down here.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Just a cut above the rest. The States and Mexico have been complacent for too long

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Not sure if anyone here is on upperdeck E-Pack, but I have this SPGU Iginla legends for trade, figured I'd check here and see if anyone is interested. Pm me if interested!
upload_2022-2-3_10-14-33.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad