OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Has anyone said whether the molecule is hydrophobic? It would be extremely ironic if the solution to this thing was literal snake oil.
maxresdefault.jpg

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Around 82% of over 12yo have the first shot, over 60% two shots. Government announced today that all restrictions will be lifted in October :nod:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Around 82% of over 12yo have the first shot, over 60% two shots. Government announced today that all restrictions will be lifted in October :nod:

What's the perception of that reopening idea in Finland?

Those are pretty close to the numbers here in Alberta (might be slightly higher than the Finnish ones) but lower than the rest of Canada and people are freaking out. Alberta's numbers are around 60% of the vast majority of the US numbers and no one seems to be freaking out there. I think much of the other provinces are floating around 20-40% of the US numbers for active cases and cases by day etc.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
What's the perception of that reopening idea in Finland?

Those are pretty close to the numbers here in Alberta (might be slightly higher than the Finnish ones) but lower than the rest of Canada and people are freaking out. Alberta's numbers are around 60% of the vast majority of the US numbers and no one seems to be freaking out there. I think much of the other provinces are floating around 20-40% of the US numbers for active cases and cases by day etc.

I haven't really followed this that much so I could say anything about general opinion, but I would guess it's more on the side of "finally".

Majority of the cases that require hospital care are with non-vaccinated people, so once everyone have had the chance to get vaccinated it's "too bad, your own fault" if they end up in hospital. Government didn't use those exact words but that was the message IMO.

Reactions: Fig

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
To help increase my non-alcoholic and non-sugary liquid intake, I bought some of that Kool Aid squirt liquid for the water bottle. Got me some red, and some purple flavours.

Holy nostalgia, Batman. I feel like I’m seven again.

So for future reference if you think I’m drinking the Kool aid… The answer is yes. Yes I am.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
To help increase my non-alcoholic and non-sugary liquid intake, I bought some of that Kool Aid squirt liquid for the water bottle. Got me some red, and some purple flavours.

So for future reference if you think I’m drinking the Kool aid… The answer is yes. Yes I am.
We have a bunch of the stuff in our house as well. My wife lives on the stuff. :laugh:

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary

We have a bunch of the stuff in our house as well. My wife lives on the stuff. :laugh:
It is addictive. My habit was lemonade from country time. I just stopped using and I'm back to straight water on Monday. Pray for strength!

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Wasn't there that Karen who went into a Tim Hortons and weaponized before wiping... ?

Yup...
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/tim-hortons-poop-throwing-1.4665873
My sister has done a lot of work on herself since that incident. It's silly, really. She thought it was the chocolate dip that Tims uses for the doughnuts and she was all like "Why does it taste like this!" then she'd turn to another employee "I know your fear! It shouldn't taste like this!"... Then she pulled her left hand out of her pants and screamed "Look at the colour!" before throwing it at the glass. She was trying to dip the doughnuts not hit the employees. It was a shit show. We can laugh at it now but we still can't have chocolate cake or dipped doughnuts around her anymore.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Football/soccer alert!

Just finished the game from last night (recorded it) and saw Canada defeat Mexico 2:1 in frigid Edmonton. Six matches remain, and Canada is atop the CONCACAF standings. Top three advance to the World Cup. Next up Honduras on Jan 27.

Being a long time Flames fan has prepared me to have my hopes dashed, but I'm getting excited anyways.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Football/soccer alert!

Just finished the game from last night (recorded it) and saw Canada defeat Mexico 2:1 in frigid Edmonton. Six matches remain, and Canada is atop the CONCACAF standings. Top three advance to the World Cup. Next up Honduras on Jan 27.

Being a long time Flames fan has prepared me to have my hopes dashed, but I'm getting excited anyways.

This match made the news here as well, with a headline "This is how you make the best out of home advantage" and how it was -10C and a bit of snow on the ground :nod:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Football/soccer alert!

They are essentially qualified. Landmark moment in Canada's history.

They should play the States in Winnipeg

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
They are essentially qualified. Landmark moment in Canada's history.

They should play the States in Winnipeg
I wish I had your confidence lol.

I watched Canada play a stupid amount of games that one year (I can't even remember when, was like mid-90s?) only to be knocked out by... Australia? Or one of the Oceana countries.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad