OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It was funny because Arizona only claimed Freddie to unsettle Dougie here. And it actually worked lol. What was a tenuous relationship at best between him and the front office turned into a burnt bridge after that. He skipped the garbage day media event and Treliving couldn't get a hold of him afterwards either. When the trade went down, Dougie found out he was moved to Carolina while he was watching the draft on TV.

There were rumours that Buffalo leaked to the press that we were shopping him back in 2018 but I think it was Arizona based on the waiver stunt they pulled. Pretty sure Freddie didn't play for an entire month after he joined Arizona and got like two games the rest of the season.

I'm sure 10 years from now we'll hear more about where things went south early on between him and the club

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
9 players with the Edmonton Elks have just tested positive for Covid. The Edmonton vs Toronto game has been cancelled.
If those players haven't been vaccinated, and I suspect they haven't, they're such morons.
Don't want to get vaccinated? Fine... you don't play or practice with the team and you don't get paid. With some of these morons, $$$ is the only thing they understand.
The league and individual teams need to take a tough stance on this anti-vax thing. These players are dangerous... to themselves and others around them. The more people don't get vaccinated the more the disease spreads and mutates and eventually it will mutate into something that vaccinations won't prevent.... then we're all up shit creek without a paddle.

/rant

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Not really
Dougie Hamilton addresses innuendo that followed him out of Calgary - Sportsnet.ca

Anyway, something was off with Hamilton in Calgary. Treliving was trying to trade him within a year of acquiring him. There were persistent trade rumors and then after his brother was waived and claimed by Arizona, it was over. Dougie pouted badly in response and well, the organization seemed more than happy to move on.
I wonder what happened to make it come to that ? It’s not like he is a crappy player, it would have to be something significant for them to move on from him . It’s just fishy that a top 5-10 D man i the league has been moved as much as he has and Canes didn’t offer much to keep him ?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I wonder what happened to make it come to that ? It’s not like he is a crappy player, it would have to be something significant for them to move on from him . It’s just fishy that a top 5-10 D man i the league has been moved as much as he has and Canes didn’t offer much to keep him ?
Yeah, it's pretty weird but he just wasn't a fit in the lockerroom. At least, nothing more than that has been insinuated officially. In Boston, it was speculated that he didn't fit in because everyone else was a lot older, had families. In Calgary, he seemed to be close to a much younger group but for whatever reason, management weren't fans. Didn't hear anything in Carolina but there offers could just be explained by Dundon being Dundon.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Awesome . Thanks for the post ! Anyone else have their take on him ?

Yes.

His new number is a tribute to a friend's friend's daughter he and Freddie had gotten really close to while he was here. She sadly passed away a few years ago. I met her just after he and Freddie had taken her out to a movie and air hockey and she was so pumped, I literally had no idea she was sick until I noticed she had no hair under her Flames toque.

f*** anyone who has anything bad to say about Dougie.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Yes.

His new number is a tribute to a friend's friend's daughter he and Freddie had gotten really close to while he was here. She sadly passed away a few years ago. I met her just after he and Freddie had taken her out to a movie and air hockey and she was so pumped, I literally had no idea she was sick until I noticed she had no hair under her Flames toque.

I mean, the guy is just too tall and he's blonde. So if he was alive during WW2 he'd be part of the Ubermensch.

I'm just dropping facts, man.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Yes.

Very touching story. My Hamilton Devils Jersey is on order.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guys? I’ll know for sure by tomorrow but I think Hox has the Vid. Bless you all, if these are my last words, it’s been a ride.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
5G second upgrade tomorrow. There's been talks lately about loosening the restrictions in public gatherings and stuff, over 80% over 12 yo have the first shot and around 55% second shot. Would be nice to have possibility to go to a movie theater later this year without worrying about everything and everyone

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Is someone a GOAT or a goat?

Hartley milks a goat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad