OT: Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I do recommend if your 10 year old has any interest whatsoever in legos or the like doing a PC build at some point though. It's fun and you get to see how electronics go together.
Yeah, this past year she did Science Olympiad and ended up coding in JavaScript. I keep meaning to get her a raspberry pi setup, but I could see this being fun as well.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Y'all should set up an IT/helpdesk thread on our Wings board.

also, too funny.
upload_2021-7-9_14-6-44.png

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah, this past year she did Science Olympiad and ended up coding in JavaScript. I keep meaning to get her a raspberry pi setup, but I could see this being fun as well.

Teach us your parenting ways... Hehe.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
So, that tree is no longer on the out building. It got mentioned to the father-in-law and he looked at a few pictures of it and figured with some rope, a couple of ratchet straps, and a chain saw we should be okay.

We were, mostly. Just had to patch one hole in the roof. Also, as we cut the tree back and took weight off of it, it was still rooted enough to lift up off the back of the building on its own. He's going to come back later to help take the rest down. Got a bit of a mess in the yard now, though.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Not that old. I'm a Monday Night Wars kid. 8/4/1997 is the only show I ever went to, but we f***in did it right. Up at the Palace for the 100th episode of Monday Nitro and we (me and several friends) got the run of the DuPont-leased suite for the night. That was an awesome show and I was 13 at the time, so stuff like the NWO was still super super cool. Definitely took my fair share of chair shots and suplexes and stuff as we were young and very stupid.
Went to a Heat/Raw/Heat taping in East Lansing in '98. Kane's pyro was outstanding live. I was not even that close but could feel the heat from the flames. Enjoy seeing things that do not make air. Owen cut the same promo twice and I never could figure out why. He either goofed or there was a technical issue but it sounded the same both times.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Y'all should set up an IT/helpdesk thread on our Wings board.

also, too funny.
View attachment 452196
I don't believe that at all. Cats just think we're all bitches. They don't bring you dead stuff because they think you can't hunt. They're dropping the dead stuff at the door because they want you to clean and cook it. My friend does the same thing to his wife, lol.

My feral cat likes his food cooked, though he will on occasion eat raw meat as long as it's red meat.

Saw him kill a mouse the other day so he gets to stay in the yard. Was a bit worried he'd quit killing stuff if I kept feeding him.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Circling back to collectables....

Sealed Mario 64's Record-Breaking $1.5M Sale Has Retro Experts Skeptical

uper Mario 64 is not one of rarest or oldest video games by any stretch, but that didn’t stop it from reportedly selling for $1.5 million at auction over the weekend. It was the latest stunning display of just how vintage game collecting has blown up amidst a new speculation-fueled bubble.

Few options how this wild shit is happening:
1) Someone who just came into a fortune with bitcoin or something is blowing a piece of his earnings on this "collectible."
2) Someone is trying to inflate the market on all their other games and turn this balloon into a massive profit.
3) It's money laundering.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
This National Mac and Cheese day "sale" is such a grift... that I totally fell for, haha. Haven't eaten Mac and Cheese in months anyways.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
This National Mac and Cheese day "sale" is such a grift... that I totally fell for, haha. Haven't eaten Mac and Cheese in months anyways.

Hey nothing wrong with an excuse to bust out a little Kraft Dinner. When I'm looking for summer comfort food it's the perfect side for a brat.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Hey nothing wrong with an excuse to bust out a little Kraft Dinner. When I'm looking for summer comfort food it's the perfect side for a brat.

The cool thing about Mac and cheese is it’s really flexible/easy to church up. For big sporting events/get togethers I make a velveeta cheese dip with meat, sautéed veggies, and some other things( can give you my recipe if interested). The leftovers make the best Mac and cheese I’ve ever made, and the best part is how easy it is. Boil some noodles, toss in the leftovers that the crock pot did the heavy lifting, and you have a crowd pleaser that will make them think you know what you are doing it’s so good.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The cool thing about Mac and cheese is it’s really flexible/easy to church up. For big sporting events/get togethers I make a velveeta cheese dip with meat, sautéed veggies, and some other things( can give you my recipe if interested). The leftovers make the best Mac and cheese I’ve ever made, and the best part is how easy it is. Boil some noodles, toss in the leftovers that the crock pot did the heavy lifting, and you have a crowd pleaser that will make them think you know what you are doing it’s so good.

That sounds pretty damn good to me. There's certainly some foods that pick up a little something special during the reheat process. I love you've leveraged that leftover dip into a new dish.

Reactions: YpsiWings

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
That sounds pretty damn good to me. There's certainly some foods that pick up a little something special during the reheat process. I love you've leveraged that leftover dip into a new dish.

It’s really good, I get a lot of compliments on it. There is something important I forgot to mention in the previous post, Fritos Scoops are a must for this dip. I don’t know what it is about the dip, but those corn chips go with it better than I can put into words. I very rarely follow recipes to the T, but with the Rotel, and sautéed vegetables, and cream cheese you want a 1:1 ratio of meat to Velveeta. Otherwise the consistency won’t be where you want it, I usually go 2 pounds velveeta 1 pound beef, 1 pound sausage/chorizo.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
For big sporting events/get togethers I make a velveeta cheese dip with meat, sautéed veggies, and some other things( can give you my recipe if interested).
Yes definitely interested. And now I want to make two batches - one for the dip and one for a massive helping of Mac and cheese.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Yes definitely interested. And now I want to make two batches - one for the dip and one for a massive helping of Mac and cheese.

I will start with the must haves and finish with the things that you can adjust to taste. One final note, I used to work at a Cherry/Apple packing plant in Traverse City, don't feel bad about using generic brands. Usually the only difference in price is the brand. And again I will stress that Fritos Scoops are amazing with this dip, even if you don't like corn chips give it a shot.

2 pounds velveeta
1 pound Ground Beef (I like 80/20)
1 pound hot sausage or chorizo
2 cans Rotel or 1 large can diced tomatoes
1 large onion or 2 mediums
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 brick cream cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste (Mrs. Dash is phenomenal too)

Now is the things that you can adjust to taste, and obviously it is up to how spicy you like it. I like it real hot, and I can say that this dip handles spice well. I have gone anywhere from 0-4 jalepenos and the same serranos, it might be my taste buds but without peppers it can be a little bland without the kick. Even if you are averse to spice I would add a couple peppers, with this amount of cheese it wont be real hot and you will enjoy the taste.

So first heat up the crock pot and add the cheese (velveeta and cream cheese), that big brick takes a while to melt. If your pressed for time microwave it a little bit. Next saute all the veggies, personally if your not sneezing at the end your doing it wrong but i digress. Add cooked veggies to crock pot, and Rotel or diced tomatoes. Brown all the meat and add to the pot. You can eat right away, but I always wait at least an hour. The flavors mix and it gets better the longer you wait.

Now for the leftovers, its really easy. I buy the large macaroni noodles, boil, and add the leftover dip. Seriously never had better mac n cheese, really good stuff. I am always adjusting it, but this is the general guideline to my famous dip. It is always a hit, hope you love it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Since we're talking gourmet cuisine, this is my chance to expound the virtues of unsliced hot dog buns. This is one of those things I bought on a whim and now I can't go back to the normal variety.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009

I keep forgetting that your Packers Fandom doesn't mean you're in Wisconsin. I was about to say the Mac and Cheese around you must be bomb, haha.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I keep forgetting that your Packers Fandom doesn't mean you're in Wisconsin. I was about to say the Mac and Cheese around you must be bomb, haha.

The Twin Cities are less than 25 miles from the Wisconsin border, so it's basically the same idea. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I don't feel like mac and cheese gets all that much attention or love in this area. It feels like when you hear about cheese stuff, it's always about cheese curds.

The Minnesota State Fair is basically one giant excuse to walk around and eat piles of junk food. Cheese curds are always a big hit.

18 Must-Try Minnesota State Fair Foods – Andrew Zimmern

Original Cheese Curds

More than 100,000 pounds of fried cheese curds are consumed at the MN State Fair every year, but not all curds are created equal. Trust me, I have tried them all. My go-to cheese curd purveyor has gotta be the Original outside of the food building. These gooey nuggets have a perfectly crispy exterior and an irresistible molten cheesy interior that’s garnered quite the following.

Pictures seem borked on that site. You may recognize Zimmern from the ol' TV, he's a local here.

Here's one with actual photos to get you all hot and bothered.

The BEST Minnesota State Fair Food and Drink!

cheesecurds-600x900.jpg

11 foods worth eating at the 2021 Minnesota State Fair » Give Me The Mike

Wash it all down with Mini Donut Beer.

IMG-7120.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00