OT: Off-Topic Thread-Whats the deal with these Crows waking me up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I was going to tack onto Kovi's vet post this morning to ask if anyone has ever had their pet euthanized at home. An hour later, Amity had what we believe to be a stroke, possibly not the first this week. We took her to the vet and there was nothing more to do.

She was a good girl and she loved her mama. I'm going to miss her terribly.

1390468_577189662336778_13642521_n.jpg

Beautiful girl soosh....I'm sorry to hear. :(

I called them and they want me to bring her in

-i dont feel comfortable going back there or injuring her further by trying to crate her
there is another vet available in town that i can go to.

she walked up stairs...but was crying the entire time

nw I"m crying....and trying to pull myself together for a 1 oclock meeting. I cant reach my ex and I just...

this absolutely sucks :(

No, don't go back there. You don't trust them right now and your cat will pick up on that and could make her more nervous. I wouldn't know the first thing about good vets up in your area, but the MSPCA might be able to give you a good recommendation. (617) 522-7282. I would actually call them first, they may suggest to see if there's anything at home you can try without re-trying the trauma of another crating and sick pet visit to a vet.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I was going to tack onto Kovi's vet post this morning to ask if anyone has ever had their pet euthanized at home. An hour later, Amity had what we believe to be a stroke, possibly not the first this week. We took her to the vet and there was nothing more to do.

I'm sorry to hear this Soosh.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

So sorry for your loss

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
B

No, don't go back there. You don't trust them right now and your cat will pick up on that and could make her more nervous. I wouldn't know the first thing about good vets up in your area, but the MSPCA might be able to give you a good recommendation. (617) 522-7282. I would actually call them first, they may suggest to see if there's anything at home you can try without re-trying the trauma of another crating and sick pet visit to a vet.

Hi thanks. ya theres no way I'm going back. My cat was fine before I brought her to the vet Wed. I called the other vet in town....if she doesnt improve over night im bringing her there tomorrow. they are more expensive, but seemed willing to look at her.

she moved herself from the bedroom to the spare room, so maybe thats a good sign. she isnt growling at me like she was. I'm just going to keep her quiet...my ex is coming by after work to help out a little.

thanks for being so nice. (I know you recently had a loss of a pet)

** I started taking on more responsibility at work today(It helps make ends meet) and now have a second phone and second laptop. (and need to hit the ground running) and I'm travel next week for a photography presentation..

slightly overwhelmed....ugh:amazed::amazed::(

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

-i dont feel comfortable going back there or injuring her further by trying to crate her

nw I"m crying....and trying to pull myself together for a 1 oclock meeting. I cant reach my ex and I just...

Whoa now...slow down a bit. Take a deep breath. Or two.

You have been going to this vet for 14 years now. I doubt there was any malice involved in hurting the cat while they were treating her if indeed they were at fault, especially if they had to make an injection in the spot where she is now limping. Cats can be very uncooperative when they don't feel good :nod:

I know it really hurts to see her hurting but you need to bring her back so they can put it right, if it can be put right.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Soosh, I'm so so sorry. She's beautiful. I know you'll cherish your memories.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, Kovs. I'd be really reluctant to take her back to the same vet.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Whoa now...slow down a bit. Take a deep breath. Or two.

You have been going to this vet for 14 years now. I doubt there was any malice involved in hurting the cat while they were treating her if indeed they were at fault, especially if they had to make an injection in the spot where she is now limping. Cats can be very uncooperative when they don't feel good :nod:

I know it really hurts to see her hurting but you need to bring her back so they can put it right, if it can be put right.

I dont think it was malice, but it was definitely inexperience. This vet office was great when it was the head vet and maybe one other asst vet. now you get a different "new" vet every time. they are farming it out. This gal was younger than me and the asst. that helped her was flippant to me and made disparaging remarks about my cat and was rough with her.
So I doubt im going back there, but if I did it would only be to see the head vet (who is the owner).

they are responsible for hurting my cat.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I'm sorry you're dealing with this, Kovs. I'd be really reluctant to take her back to the same vet.

wow, youre everywhere..;)

I dont like that theyve gotten so busy (this is just like Mione's drs office)

if they are hiring inferior help then i likely will not return.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I dont think it was malice, but it was definitely inexperience. This vet office was great when it was the head vet and maybe one other asst vet. now you get a different "new" vet every time. they are farming it out. This gal was younger than me and the asst. that helped her was flippant to me and made disparaging remarks about my cat and was rough with her.
So I doubt im going back there, but if I did it would only be to see the head vet (who is the owner).

they are responsible for hurting my cat.

If you don't go back to them I would call the owner and tell them what happened. Especially the girl being flippant and saying things about your cat. Somebody would have ended up with scratches on her face and it wouldn't have been me. Or at least I would have used what I call my 'hockey words'. You don't hurt pets period.

If its rainy and cool get her a nice warm towel or blanket to which to relax. Good to hear that she's moving around better.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
he peed in her potty by herself.
but still limpy

Oh hallelujah.... :handclap:

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
LOL the Stars board already has their GDT up for the game between us and it's one of the best GDT's I've seen bahaha. Check it out:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1528959

I saw that a few days ago before it hit HF's ! :laugh: Lobo is going to be in Boston for the game and trying to get the hubby to get us tix to go. Lobo is a great kid and be gentle with him he is good people.

It's funny because Lou was just saying the same thing, but it wasn't related to any injury he has...:naughty:

In all seriousness, congrats on healing and making progress towards getting healthy!!!!

Thanks! And LMAO about Lou..... i think that is an issue he has to take care of himself...:naughty:

And Kovi and Sooshii .... :heart: to both of you!

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

sorry to hear that soosh. I know you mentioned me not posting enough puppy pics so here's one to make you feel better

sn5JqXK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia