OT: Off-Topic Thread-Whats the deal with these Crows waking me up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
Great day...

My son had a hockey game at 9:30 this morning, a 7-0 win. Unfortunately, in practice the other day one of our D went down and hit his head, got word Thur that he got a concussion and is out for the year (his 4th in a year - two hockey, one soccer, one falling in shower). The coach asked Daniel to play D and he did a nice job (needs to work on his backward skating, but was sound positionally). We were up 5-0 after two, so we switched 4 forwards back on D, and Dan ended up getting goals 6 & 7 on a tip and a wrap around.

Came home and did yard work all day while my wife dropped off some stuff at UMass for my daughter and grocery shopped. She came home with Chinese food, wine for herself, a Berkshire Steel Rail Growler for me (sweet), and a Coors Light cardboard cut-out (she got from the package store) of a hockey player on skates holding the Stanley Cup above their head that you put your face in (What!!?? :laugh:). She has already taken pictures of my son's face in it and texted it to friends :laugh:

I had just started a fire in the small fire pit in the backyard when she got home, so we had our dinner and drinks outside by the fire, and then my older son and his friend toasted marshmallows while my younger son was inside with his friend. I have had 4 glasses of Steel Rail, am naked and getting in the shower (I am wicked smoky smelling), then I am going to finish the growler while watching rest of the B's game. And we get an extra hour of sleep tonight turning back the clocks.

I love Fall :D
boy oh boy are you just full of energy! my yard will be waiting for you to finish it up tomorrow while im at work and your wife can drop of the leftovers ... we are not picky eaters. there is plenty of beer in the beer fridge..help yourself.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So I drank a few mimosas tonight. (my twitter feed was blowing my mind) and then I took a nap. I was hungry when I got up--I ate a mayonnaise sandwich (seriously I like them) and a few mini muffins with milk.

ya, not feeling that great. :laugh:

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
So I drank a few mimosas tonight. (my twitter feed was blowing my mind) and then I took a nap. I was hungry when I got up--I ate a mayonnaise sandwich (seriously I like them) and a few mini muffins with milk.

ya, not feeling that great. :laugh:

Woke up early to meet the mail-person (friends' meds need a signature) - put out bird seed (massive amounts of chickadees around - the feeder looks like Logan's air traffic) - and went back to bed. Put on Phantom to get to sleep - woke up about 2pm for coffee and bagel. Put Bailey's in my second cup of coffee - felt a whole lot better!!! Watched Breeder's Cup and figure skating (two couples use Les Mis music - good!!! - listened to Bruins' game over laptop. Now will watch more figure skating until 2am (I like to watch the clock on my computer change). Will watch more figure skating tomorrow. Friends are out of town for their anniversary so I am by myself but it's OK - I have to finish the book Les Miserables this week so I need some quiet time.

And that's all I have to say about that....

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Doing much better and bugging me to get out of bed.

BYJgd8FIIAAP6A5.jpg:large

Serge

Mar 13, 2006
Massachusetts
Saw a mother bobcat cross the road with 4 cubs yesterday. Same place where a huge black bear crossed the other day before he made his way to my neighbor's bird feeders. He hits those every year. He always bypasses mine and everyone elses and thank fully never goes after my chickens that roam near that neighbor's yard.

As for crows - love watching them. They are probably the smartest bird in North America.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Doing nothing today. I'm burnt. Dad had surgery Friday. He's at Lahey in Burlington. Rods to stabilize his leg so radiation can start in a few weeks hopefully. Chemo maybe around Thanksgiving. He may come home tomorrow . My sisters, thank God for them! Are doing Mom and hospital duty today.
I'll tell you between this and the accident I was in I'm feeling beat. Just beat.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving week. I'm on vacation then and son number 1 will be home from school. He always brightens my day.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Saw a mother bobcat cross the road with 4 cubs yesterday. Same place where a huge black bear crossed the other day before he made his way to my neighbor's bird feeders. He hits those every year. He always bypasses mine and everyone elses and thank fully never goes after my chickens that roam near that neighbor's yard.

As for crows - love watching them. They are probably the smartest bird in North America.

Since I moved to this neighborhood I have heard there are Bobcats in the woods and vaguely remember bobcat warnings. Never have seen one. Have seen lots of deer though. Wild turkeys too.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Doing nothing today. I'm burnt. Dad had surgery Friday. He's at Lahey in Burlington. Rods to stabilize his leg so radiation can start in a few weeks hopefully. Chemo maybe around Thanksgiving. He may come home tomorrow . My sisters, thank God for them! Are doing Mom and hospital duty today.
I'll tell you between this and the accident I was in I'm feeling beat. Just beat.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving week. I'm on vacation then and son number 1 will be home from school. He always brightens my day.

If I can do anything or bring you anything, groceries, wine, Advil etc, please let me know.

Much positive energy coming your way. (I've been there)

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!

positive energy sent your way Gee!

Serge

Mar 13, 2006
Massachusetts

All the best to you and your fam, Wally.

Serge

Mar 13, 2006
Massachusetts
Since I moved to this neighborhood I have heard there are Bobcats in the woods and vaguely remember bobcat warnings. Never have seen one. Have seen lots of deer though. Wild turkeys too.

I live in Groton. I've lived in Mass for the better part of my life and this is the first Bobcat I've seen. They are unusually quiet and secretive and, if not for the cubs and the mother's preoccupation with getting them across the road, I doubt I would have spotted her.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Rest up, Wally. All the best to your dad.

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
Lol, watching Buying Alaska and you should see the wifey's face when they start to talk about snow! WTH? You're moving to Alaska...it snows there ALL THE TIME!!!!!

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

Watched a gray squirrel and two black squirrels argue over the bird feeder while the chickadees and a woodpecker feasted on the seeds. Lots of chickadees back this fall - almost none during the summer.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

Thinking good thoughts for you and all your family - hope you are healing up well from your little 'adventure' in Chicago!!!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Thanks all.
I shouldn't gripe I'm probably luckier than many here. I'm 55 and just now having to face the inevitable loss of a parent. I know it's only months away. So much goes through the mind.

I really appreciate you folks here more than you will ever, ever know.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Thanks all.
I shouldn't gripe I'm probably luckier than many here. I'm 55 and just now having to face the inevitable loss of a parent. I know it's only months away. So much goes through the mind.

I really appreciate you folks here more than you will ever, ever know.

Wally I can't bring you anything like groceries and wine, but I can send prayers your way.

It's tough, but stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad