OT: Off-Topic Thread-Whats the deal with these Crows waking me up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I was going to tack onto Kovi's vet post this morning to ask if anyone has ever had their pet euthanized at home. An hour later, Amity had what we believe to be a stroke, possibly not the first this week. We took her to the vet and there was nothing more to do.

She was a good girl and she loved her mama. I'm going to miss her terribly.

1390468_577189662336778_13642521_n.jpg

My heart goes out to you. I love my dogs and loved those I have had in the past.
They are family anyway you define it.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
So sorry about your loss, sooshii. I lost my dear little corgi a couple of years ago and I still miss her terribly.

Ironically, I was at the dentist's today and read this little essay in Yankee Magazine. I think it speaks to all pet owners.

http://www.yankeemagazine.com/article/features/marys-farm-best-dog

Every dog is a 'best dog' - that one moment when you pet their head and look into their eyes and say 'good dog' - they are the best.

I'm going internet jewelry shopping - I need some retail therapy...

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Thanks for all your kind words, here & in PM. I aopreciate it.

I thought Ami would tel ys when it was time, and I would have time to spend with her doing her favorite things one last time. After BCB's Midnight passed, I made sure to work that in every day. Westy took her to McDs yesterday for nuggets, we had a good walk in the woods and she greeted our lone trick or treater at the door with her spooky kerchief on. Then she settled in and watched the Bs with me, but she didn't like Mommy yelling at the tv. Thankful I was working at home this morning, so we were both here.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

I thought Ami would tel ys when it was time, and I would have time to spend with her doing her favorite things one last time. After BCB's Midnight passed, I made sure to work that in every day. Westy took her to McDs yesterday for nuggets, we had a good walk in the woods and she greeted our lone trick or treater at the door with her spooky kerchief on. Then she settled in and watched the Bs with me, but she didn't like Mommy yelling at the tv. Thankful I was working at home this morning, so we were both here.

Love you soosh

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

aw sooshii...made me cry.

You were a good Mom to her.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

This made me misty eyed.

Love you Soosh and Westy!

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
I decided to come to canes bolts game with the gf as shes a bolts fan. Place is empty and second row seats were 50 a piece. But I think I prefer center ice balcony all day every day

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I was going to tack onto Kovi's vet post this morning to ask if anyone has ever had their pet euthanized at home. An hour later, Amity had what we believe to be a stroke, possibly not the first this week. We took her to the vet and there was nothing more to do.

She was a good girl and she loved her mama. I'm going to miss her terribly.

1390468_577189662336778_13642521_n.jpg

Amity has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. She is looking down on you Sooshi. When your time on this planet is up you will meet her again. I will share a poem with you. I have read it many many times since Midnight passed.......

Last Night

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,

You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.

I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.

I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said " it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.

I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.

To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...

In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning

and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,

I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.

Author Unknown

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Amity has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. She is looking down on you Sooshi. When your time on this planet is up you will meet her again. I will share a poem with you. I have read it many many times since Midnight passed.......

:cry: I knew I shouldn't have read this :cry:

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
I started November off with 30 days of Thankfulness with my daughter. Yesterday we made dinner for my cousin who came to our rescue several times with dinner for us while i was lefty only and dinner for my grandmother too who had cooked also. Today my daughter and I are off to clean up the yard of a neighbor who was diagnosed with Parkinson's . Spreading Smiles! Pay it forward! :)

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I started November off with 30 days of Thankfulness with my daughter. Yesterday we made dinner for my cousin who came to our rescue several times with dinner for us while i was lefty only and dinner for my grandmother too who had cooked also. Today my daughter and I are off to clean up the yard of a neighbor who was diagnosed with Parkinson's . Spreading Smiles! Pay it forward! :)

That's wonderful. :handclap:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Fantastic - go forth and spread the word!!!

How is Lady Hula doing today? Thinking good thoughts for you and her....

T/y.

shes pretty perky today. no growling, which is good. She got to see "daddy cat" last night..but she was pretty out of it.

She seems to be rebounding.:) she was able to hop up on the bed this am and whack me with her tail.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

So sorry about your dog. It is a real heart breaker when this happens.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I am drinking mimosas and against my better judgement not going to reply to the above post.:laugh:

I tried 4 times

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Great day...

My son had a hockey game at 9:30 this morning, a 7-0 win. Unfortunately, in practice the other day one of our D went down and hit his head, got word Thur that he got a concussion and is out for the year (his 4th in a year - two hockey, one soccer, one falling in shower). The coach asked Daniel to play D and he did a nice job (needs to work on his backward skating, but was sound positionally). We were up 5-0 after two, so we switched 4 forwards back on D, and Dan ended up getting goals 6 & 7 on a tip and a wrap around.

Came home and did yard work all day while my wife dropped off some stuff at UMass for my daughter and grocery shopped. She came home with Chinese food, wine for herself, a Berkshire Steel Rail Growler for me (sweet), and a Coors Light cardboard cut-out (she got from the package store) of a hockey player on skates holding the Stanley Cup above their head that you put your face in (What!!?? :laugh:). She has already taken pictures of my son's face in it and texted it to friends :laugh:

I had just started a fire in the small fire pit in the backyard when she got home, so we had our dinner and drinks outside by the fire, and then my older son and his friend toasted marshmallows while my younger son was inside with his friend. I have had 4 glasses of Steel Rail, am naked and getting in the shower (I am wicked smoky smelling), then I am going to finish the growler while watching rest of the B's game. And we get an extra hour of sleep tonight turning back the clocks.

I love Fall :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad