OT: Off-Topic, again.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Recommendations for animal removal (squirrels in attic), either DIY or a good Mid-TN professional with reasonable rates?
There’s a device that you can put in your attic that’s a strobe light to get them out.

Evictor

here’s an article

How to Get Squirrels Out of the Attic

I would recommend the evictor option. Don’t know what the rates would be to pay to have them removed in mid TN but probably high like everything right now..

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Recommendations for animal removal (squirrels in attic), either DIY or a good Mid-TN professional with reasonable rates?

Use a live trap. Squirrels will eat lettuce or even peanut butter used as bait.

Drive the squirrel(s) at least 10 miles away to a park for release to deter them from coming back.

Fix the hole in your house. Don't be afraid to use aluminum or steel in case the squirrel(s) come back or another one decides to move into your home. Good luck!

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Squirrel got under my car hood and pulled out insulation -- to line a nest, I suppose. Perfect circle, very annoying. The part is $70, but I am not Ms Fix-it so there will be labor costs, too. Bleh.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Had to put our oldest cat down today, he was 19. He was 4 when my wife and I got together. Rough day.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you both are doing alright. We lost our dog of 14 years...almost 3 years ago now, I suppose. There's this one worship song I remember listening to while I was sitting with him a day or two before he passed, and I still can't hear it without ending up in tears.

Reactions: Armourboy

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Had to put our oldest cat down today, he was 19. He was 4 when my wife and I got together. Rough day.

Sorry to hear, losing a fur buddy blows. We just recently adopted two cats to replace our Siamese who was 15 when he crossed the rainbow bridge three years ago. Hugs and a toast.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
20210530_141911.jpg

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

Sorry for your loss. It's tough I think for those who don't have pets to understand. Losing a loved pet is like losing a human family member in my experience. You experience the same feelings. I remember being shocked at how much losing my family's first dog when I was younger affected me. They become family.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
On another wonderful front, my freaking insurance is now declining to pay my wife's bariatric surgery claiming it's not covered. This despite the fact she has a letter from them specifically stating it's covered and having the materials showing just how much they will pay.

The wife immediately filed a complaint with the state and has let them know just how much she is looking forward to suing them if they don't pay.

Really just mind blowing.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
On another wonderful front, my freaking insurance is now declining to pay my wife's bariatric surgery claiming it's not covered. This despite the fact she has a letter from them specifically stating it's covered and having the materials showing just how much they will pay.

The wife immediately filed a complaint with the state and has let them know just how much she is looking forward to suing them if they don't pay.

Really just mind blowing.
A lot of times I wonder if they just mess with you to see how much you'll allow them to rip you off.

I had to be transported by ambulance. I told the EMT's as soon as I was in there that I had to go to St. Thomas or Vanderbilt, couldn't go to an HCA hospital because it's out of network. And they told me they "had" to take me to the nearest hospital by law. I do the insurance for our company. I knew our insurance had a caveat that if it was an emergency they could take you to the nearest hospital until you are stable then transport you to the in network hospital. It was an emergency and I did get transported about 5 hours later. I thought things would be fine. No. When the bill came in a few months later, ins refused to pay the ER for my time there. I got on the phone saying look, this is what YOU say you will do. What am I supposed to tell my employees? That they should take a chance on getting to the in network hospital on their own? If an EMT legally can NOT take you there--what do you do about that? They hemmed and hawed a lot and I finally ended up paying the amount that got me to my in network deductible / copay/ limit and nothing more (about $17,500 less than they were charging me). But they never gave me a straight answer.

I am going to have to fight Premier Parking due to the amount they charged me for parking for the game. I parked at Pinnacle and was charged correctly for Friday and Sunday. On Thursday I got there at 7:20 and swiped my card, same as before. When we left a little after midnight I asked the attendant whether I should scan the ticket or just swipe my card (still getting used to the system). She said just swipe your card. I did and took the receipt but didn't look at it. My ticket was correct for the date but the card charged me for the time from when we came to the very first game on 5/21 to game 6 on 5/28 (actually 5/29 but barely) and had a different ticket number, I guess the one from the first night. $98! So far I haven't gotten an answer from them so will have to get meaner.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
A lot of times I wonder if they just mess with you to see how much you'll allow them to rip you off.

I had to be transported by ambulance. I told the EMT's as soon as I was in there that I had to go to St. Thomas or Vanderbilt, couldn't go to an HCA hospital because it's out of network. And they told me they "had" to take me to the nearest hospital by law. I do the insurance for our company. I knew our insurance had a caveat that if it was an emergency they could take you to the nearest hospital until you are stable then transport you to the in network hospital. It was an emergency and I did get transported about 5 hours later. I thought things would be fine. No. When the bill came in a few months later, ins refused to pay the ER for my time there. I got on the phone saying look, this is what YOU say you will do. What am I supposed to tell my employees? That they should take a chance on getting to the in network hospital on their own? If an EMT legally can NOT take you there--what do you do about that? They hemmed and hawed a lot and I finally ended up paying the amount that got me to my in network deductible / copay/ limit and nothing more (about $17,500 less than they were charging me). But they never gave me a straight answer.

I am going to have to fight Premier Parking due to the amount they charged me for parking for the game. I parked at Pinnacle and was charged correctly for Friday and Sunday. On Thursday I got there at 7:20 and swiped my card, same as before. When we left a little after midnight I asked the attendant whether I should scan the ticket or just swipe my card (still getting used to the system). She said just swipe your card. I did and took the receipt but didn't look at it. My ticket was correct for the date but the card charged me for the time from when we came to the very first game on 5/21 to game 6 on 5/28 (actually 5/29 but barely) and had a different ticket number, I guess the one from the first night. $98! So far I haven't gotten an answer from them so will have to get meaner.
Is getting meaner going to fix the problem?

reason I ask is I am in a similar situation. at what point do you just deal with being screwed? Where do you draw the line and what can you actually do?

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003

reason I ask is I am in a similar situation. at what point do you just deal with being screwed? Where do you draw the line and what can you actually do?
Find a good lawyer. The insurance companies count on having more resources, more time and more patience to wait out these issues. They only respond to well-crafted legal proceedings.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Make sure you have all your paperwork in order, the authorization numbers etc. The surgeon is supposed to have gotten authorization/approval for the surgery before your wife got scheduled.

I loathe commercial insurance carriers.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

I have lots of mean I've built up over the years. Y'all see my nice side but I absolutely HATE insurance companies as an industry. So sure I can get meaner.

In BCBST case I was absolutely threatening my company's insurance coverage from their company. Everyone doesn't have that option, but I happen to. I own a business and I'm really really good at details. Regions also wants to keep me happy. I've been with them almost 40 years, they know me, I know them. My CC is with them, and if I have to use them to fight with Premier I will. I sent an email to the company (Premier) --haven't heard back yet but I'll resend. I will dispute the charge if they don't get back with me, I have my original ticket and the receipt from Thursday night.

When my ducks are in a row, I will take things as far as I need to. One time I fought Worker's Comp insurance all the way to the National offices...and won. My insurance rep said there are probably only 3 people in the history of the world who can claim that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad