OT: Off-Topic, again.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Nope. You can make a ton of money if it hits right but you can also lose your shorts overnight. It's hard to predict where the floor is and even harder to know the ceiling. I'd say if you do it start small and see what happens.
seems easy to make money off it in a market that only goes up. just don’t understand why people believe in it so much. Dogecoin is based off a meme and is being sold for over 0.40 cents ….

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
seems easy to make money off it in a market that only goes up. just don’t understand why people believe in it so much. Dogecoin is based off a meme and is being sold for over 0.40 cents ….
Problem is it doesn't always just go up. Bitcoin for example has sold from anywhere between $100 to several thousand and it has swung wildly over the years.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I’ve got a couple hundred in all of the main coins just to hedge my bets on them blowing up long term. I wouldn’t put any serious investments in them though since there’s the possibility they collapse and are worth nothing in the blink of an eye. For real investments I’ll just stick to index funds because if they crash that means the whole economy crashed and we’re all screwed anyways.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I’ve got a couple hundred in all of the main coins just to hedge my bets on them blowing up long term. I wouldn’t put any serious investments in them though since there’s the possibility they collapse and are worth nothing in the blink of an eye. For real investments I’ll just stick to index funds because if they crash that means the whole economy crashed and we’re all screwed anyways.
Yeah that's what I'd do. Put money you can afford to lose in it and if you look up one day and it goes hog wild you can sell it, or buy a Tesla with it lol.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah I have no doubt some cryptocurrency will be widespread in the future. I however have no confidence in my ability to pick the which one that will be since I really don’t understand the underlying reasoning for which ones are better and there are like a million options. I view putting money in them more like gambling than investing.

Last edited:
Reactions: adsfan and PredsV82

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

Dude. Just look at the charts. It wont always go up. It has no physical value. It's pure gambling. You bet that someone else will get FOMO and pay more at a later date. Yeah a few people have probably cashed in large. But since its literally nothing more than electrons I worry about it getting hacked. Plus there isnt much regulation of brokers. It's the wild west of finance.

Jul 12, 2007
Dude. Just look at the charts. It wont always go up. It has no physical value. It's pure gambling. You bet that someone else will get FOMO and pay more at a later date. Yeah a few people have probably cashed in large. But since its literally nothing more than electrons I worry about it getting hacked. Plus there isnt much regulation of brokers. It's the wild west of finance.
Lol, classic pyramid scheme. Up & up & up & up ! And then it’s gone.
You’re probably better off in fanduel or draft kings; at least you halfways control your destiny with your own knowledge.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
it’s totally gambling but look at DOGE from when i posted to now. i guess it’s all about timing like most investments. i guess my post was more to the people who really believe in crypto. what are the fundamentals and why are those people so passionate about it?

i see crypto as a gamble. it also doesn’t help that Bitcoin is suppose to be horrible for the environment. Not sure how but that seems to hurt it’s position as the currency of the future, no?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
it’s totally gambling but look at DOGE from when i posted to now. i guess it’s all about timing like most investments. i guess my post was more to the people who really believe in crypto. what are the fundamentals and why are those people so passionate about it?

i see crypto as a gamble. it also doesn’t help that Bitcoin is suppose to be horrible for the environment. Not sure how but that seems to hurt it’s position as the currency of the future, no?
Dunno if it's bad for the environment but they are all bad for the desktop computer industry. There is a massive shortage of GPU's and it's caused prices to skyrocket. Cards that go for 200 are going for 500, 600 dollar cards are going for over 1000, and 1000 dollar cards are like 2,000. Even companies that build are having a hard time getting them.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
does anyone here invest in cryptocurrency?
I bought into ETH about 3 years ago because I liked the structure they were putting place behind it. Cashed out this week for about double my investment. Not huge stakes, but found money is great.
Got out because the market is trading off pure speculation and not the underlying technology that bitcoin or etherium have developed. The apes have taken over.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
upload_2021-5-8_22-51-26.jpeg

Reactions: LCPreds and bdub24

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
I bought into ETH about 3 years ago because I liked the structure they were putting place behind it. Cashed out this week for about double my investment. Not huge stakes, but found money is great.
Got out because the market is trading off pure speculation and not the underlying technology that bitcoin or etherium have developed. The apes have taken over.
ETH is almost $4000 now. I still feel good about it long term. Bought a good chunk in early 2017 so i'm letting it ride

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I-65 South North of Nashville may be the worst I've seen in Tennessee in a long time. Came through tonight and the left hand lane is basically a trench. It's bad enough the underlying rock is coming up.

I-40 is in pretty rough shape too. The interstates here used to be pretty solid, wth happened?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad