OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIV - Can we get a refund for 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
What is happening in Boston right now is NOT the protesters. These are the anarchists and other groups looking to cause trouble.
Same thing happened in Nashville last night. The protestors were peaceful.

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Honestly to me the worst part of all this is how when you log onto Facebook everyone has to write some long-winded post about unity and togetherness and shit to make themselves look all dignified or whatever even though nobody cares about their opinion and they're all from New Hampshire and have probably never seen a black person in their life anyway.

All these major events just bring out everyone's latent narcissism.

Reactions: roflstomper

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FB_IMG_1590981382590.jpg

Gonna show my age here, but..... *Raises hand*

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm watching the stores that are around the building I work in get looted on live tv. I'm angry and horrified

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Some very unsavory allegations being made by anonymous tonight. Yeeeesh this is ugly

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So I’m not really sure what to make of the video but it certainly appears to be a group of Boston police damaging their own car going viral....maybe I’m missing some needed context or something but it’s not a great look

Edit: nope looking at it they were probably just removing the windshield so they could drive away. Crowd claiming they’re damaging it to blame on them....idk, that seems blatantly dumb and I don’t think they’d do that because everything is on camera these days. Although it’s not like that stopped the murder this week so maybe not

I just want things to be normal again

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
“The child who was not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth”

I did just see a video of some skateboarder doofus in Raleigh trying to shatter a businesses window with his skateboard and getting stopped by protesters so that was nice

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Sounds like Birmingham is pretty bad. Some reporters were attacked.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The whole thing is numbing

The looting in the Back Bay was extremely well organized and I have never seen anything like it in my lifetime in the center city. It was no accident that the trouble started when Boston TV stations started showing local news at 9 PM and it went on for nearly 4 hours.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The whole thing is numbing

The looting in the Back Bay was extremely well organized and I have never seen anything like it in my lifetime in the center city. It was no accident that the trouble started when Boston TV stations started showing local news at 9 PM and it went on for nearly 4 hours.

I can't quite get my head around that. If the looting was organized, then by who? And why would you actively want to get publicity for an illegal activity? Drawing attention to a legitimate protest makes sense, but to plain stealing is just odd.

Unless...the best theory I can come up with is that there are people who wanted to encourage a confrontation with police by using thefts and property damage to draw their attention and hope that there are instances of violence that can be used to further the narrative of police brutality and over-reaction. That would be quite reprehensible, but it's just about plausible in these crazy circumstances.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can't quite get my head around that. If the looting was organized, then by who? And why would you actively want to get publicity for an illegal activity? Drawing attention to a legitimate protest makes sense, but to plain stealing is just odd.

Unless...the best theory I can come up with is that there are people who wanted to encourage a confrontation with police by using thefts and property damage to draw their attention and hope that there are instances of violence that can be used to further the narrative of police brutality and over-reaction. That would be quite reprehensible, but it's just about plausible in these crazy circumstances.

It became obvious that there must have been some kind of group text room where people were being tipped off at which store was wide open - cars were coming out of nowhere to load up.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It became obvious that there must have been some kind of group text room where people were being tipped off at which store was wide open - cars were coming out of nowhere to load up.

Yeah for sure. Then the question becomes was the text or other message/s merely opportunistic, or planned in advance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad